• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Rising Sun

I think the x-factor in the Academy is Harry MacArthy. He may be a little inconsistent but the kid can produce something out of nothing and he is getting stronger. Would love to see him get a taste of top league football in a midfield role, including #10.
Has been more consistent of late, and his all round game and work rate have improved. I suspect Monty sees some potential there and has put some effort into his development. Has the skill set to play 10 and the capability to create something out of nothing. Would love to see him given the opportunity to see if he can step up to the next level

JoyfulPenguin

So our current signed on and annouced squad plus Tongyik and Scholarship players who are yet to be annouced is:

Goalkeeper:
Mark Birighitti

Defenders:
Lewis Miller
Ruon Tongyik
Kye Rowles
Dan Hall
Matt Hatch (Scholarship)

Midfield:
Oli Bozanic
Gianni Stensness
Josh Nisbet
Max Balard (Scholarship)

Strikers:
Marco Urena
Matt Simon
Jordan Smylie (Scholarship)
Matt Cahill (Scholarship)

So if our FFA Cup game happened to be tommorrow we would line up like:

Birighitti
Miller Tongyik Rowles Hatch
Bozanic Stensness
Nisbet Urena
Simon Smylie

Bench: Balard, Hall, Cahill

Before the A-League starts we need to sign at least another 9 players on senior contracts. I hope we have a decent amount of space left in the cap.

Stephen Gibson

So our current signed on and annouced squad plus Tongyik and Scholarship players who are yet to be annouced is:

Goalkeeper:
Mark Birighitti

Defenders:
Lewis Miller
Ruon Tongyik
Kye Rowles
Dan Hall
Matt Hatch (Scholarship)

Midfield:
Oli Bozanic
Gianni Stensness
Josh Nisbet
Max Balard (Scholarship)

Strikers:
Marco Urena
Matt Simon
Jordan Smylie (Scholarship)
Matt Cahill (Scholarship)

So if our FFA Cup game happened to be tommorrow we would line up like:

Birighitti
Miller Tongyik Rowles Hatch
Bozanic Stensness
Nisbet Urena
Simon Smylie

Bench: Balard, Hall, Cahill

Before the A-League starts we need to sign at least another 9 players on senior contracts. I hope we have a decent amount of space left in the cap.
No date for ffa cup yet ok all player are at home because lock down

Stephen Gibson

Why are you worried about the cap? We don’t utilise marquee spots anyway, our issue is the budget.

Sydney poached Donachie who was contracted to Newcastle so that lends weight to Ruon staying, or at least not going there which was the main rumour saying he might be off elsewhere.
Where is Ruon going he stay at ccmfc not going to jets

JoyfulPenguin

Why are you worried about the cap? We don’t utilise marquee spots anyway, our issue is the budget.

Sydney poached Donachie who was contracted to Newcastle so that lends weight to Ruon staying, or at least not going there which was the main rumour saying he might be off elsewhere.
I'm worried about what we are spending.

The APL/FA haven't released details publically of what the cap is for next season.

We used to be forced to spend the cap floor, I don't know if that is even a requirement anymore. The only details released publically is that the cap is $2.5 million next year and that clubs can have an extra two designated players outside of the cap.

This is seemingly the only information available publically on the salary cap for next season: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league-ready-to-unleash-david-beckham-rule

Does Charlesworth even have to spend the floor anymore?

turbo

I'm worried about what we are spending.

The APL/FA haven't released details publically of what the cap is for next season.

We used to be forced to spend the cap floor, I don't know if that is even a requirement anymore. The only details released publically is that the cap is $2.5 million next year and that clubs can have an extra two designated players outside of the cap.

This is seemingly the only information available publically on the salary cap for next season: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league-ready-to-unleash-david-beckham-rule

Does Charlesworth even have to spend the floor anymore?
The cap seems voluntary these days anyway. I dont believe for a second that WSW operated within the cap last season. Probably a few questions about how Sydney worked it with Bobo and ALF as well.

Kripple

So not counting scholarship players and including Ruon we have ten players contracted for next season. Sydney have a list with 22 on contract. We are starting a long way behind. Not one signing from outside what we had last year.

pjennings

If Monty wants to strengthen the squad and build on last season I would be looking at a backup keeper, a starting LB, a starting RB, a starting LW, a starting RW, a backup RW and a starting CS.

We won't get them all. i.e. Nizz while a central player can play as RW.

Michael

If Monty wants to strengthen the squad and build on last season I would be looking at a backup keeper, a starting LB, a starting RB, a starting LW, a starting RW, a backup RW and a starting CS.

We won't get them all. i.e. Nizz while a central player can play as RW.

definitely won’t get all of those covered with high quality senior signings. So let’s look to who can fill those spots from the academy. Not short on exciting attackers from the academy.
I’d say the full back spots will be priority for monts to bring someone in. But even then Lewis Miller is very capable on the RB slot, Matt hatch definitely needs a senior player to learn from in LB.

scottmac

Suspended
Plus throw in the still to be announced one way or another of Nigro, Bouman, Casella, and even a call up for Tsekenis?
Id love to get the first 3 signed up again. Would be the first time in a long time we had 90% of the starting side lining up for a second go. Then you add one full back and maybe a creative mid, which could be Bamjothingy, and with a new gaffer with new ideas, we'd play cohesively and sides would be to work us out again. Then if we are behaved enough to get desserts, another 9.

Ben10

Players off contract in the Championship, happy window shopping (disclaimer: no idea how accurate this is):

Corsair

Don't really know what to do about Bouman, want him to succeed just not sure. Hopefully he'll improve this year.

Stephen Gibson

Where too
With Ruon I think we need to worry about victory.
what do you mean by ruon victory ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred