• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Big Dog

also rate Balard.
Along with him, who else do we expect to be promoted from youth? My personal hopes would be Cahill, tsekenis, Jing (if he fails his trial) and maybe Brad Tapp
Not sure Michael. Tsekenis is worth a punt to at least be in the training squad given his form before injury. I know Cahill and Jing have had stints o/s but have we seen enough to suggest they are ready for A-League. I'm not convinced Smylie can cut through there either. Not saying he shouldn't be in the squad but all those players I just mentioned are competing for the same position and I think we need something better than them and Matty Simon to partner Urena. I think the x-factor in the Academy is Harry MacArthy. He may be a little inconsistent but the kid can produce something out of nothing and he is getting stronger. Would love to see him get a taste of top league football in a midfield role, including #10. Maybe FFA Cup might be a good spot to test the waters.

JoyfulPenguin

With Vince Rugari saying how expensive international flights into the country are I doubt we will be recruiting anyone not already in the country. Would love to be surprised, but with how tight our budget was before the Pandemic I can't see it happening.

If we're looking for a 10 that leaves us with visa players currently in the country like Baumjohann, Muller, Puyo or even Butterfield.

An Australian option might be Bradden Inman. Nahuel Bonada trialled last season and was rejected, but has scored 12 goals in 17 in the NPL Victoria this season in a side that is second last. Maybe a good use of money would be if we signed him as a striker and pushed Urena back to 10?

turbo

or even Butterfield
If we went for Butterfield I'd be tempted to look at more of a 4-3-3 with him Olly and Stensness across the middle 3. Would need to invest in two wide attackers for Urena to bring in to play but it wouldnt be the craziest suggestion. But I think our money would be better spent on a more attacking option.

priorpeter

I think the x-factor in the Academy is Harry MacArthy. He may be a little inconsistent but the kid can produce something out of nothing and he is getting stronger. Would love to see him get a taste of top league football in a midfield role, including #10. Maybe FFA Cup might be a good spot to test the waters.
Love this. Have always enjoyed watching McCarthyyyyyyyy play and has scored & been involved with some superb goals over the last couple of seasons. Probably not ready for a full season at this point but would love to see him integrated with the first team.

Wombat

With Vince Rugari saying how expensive international flights into the country are I doubt we will be recruiting anyone not already in the country. Would love to be surprised, but with how tight our budget was before the Pandemic I can't see it happening.

If we're looking for a 10 that leaves us with visa players currently in the country like Baumjohann, Muller, Puyo or even Butterfield.

An Australian option might be Bradden Inman. Nahuel Bonada trialled last season and was rejected, but has scored 12 goals in 17 in the NPL Victoria this season in a side that is second last. Maybe a good use of money would be if we signed him as a striker and pushed Urena back to 10?
We need a decent stiker to partner Urena not a rejected trialist wallowing in the NPL. I'm thinking UK League 1 or 2 established quality or East European? Inman is a good player and worth thinking about.

JoyfulPenguin

JA was hopeless. I really hope he goes to WU as they are a shitful club.
Was absolutely useless at Heart and should never have been considered for the job at Heart let alone have got it. He wasn't any better at Roar and just assembled an ancient side while shunning younger players which shows he learnt nothing from being in charge at Heart as that was his biggest mistake there. He decided Maclaren and Borrello weren't up to it and signed useless 35 year old foreigner after useless 35 year old foreigner. He is completely incapable of improving any player and just gets jobs because he scored that penalty. If Western picked Aloisi over Staj then their management is even more incompetent than I thought.

Insertnamehere

Was absolutely useless at Heart and should never have been considered for the job at Heart let alone have got it. He wasn't any better at Roar and just assembled an ancient side while shunning younger players which shows he learnt nothing from being in charge at Heart as that was his biggest mistake there. He decided Maclaren and Borrello weren't up to it and signed useless 35 year old foreigner after useless 35 year old foreigner. He is completely incapable of improving any player and just gets jobs because he scored that penalty. If Western picked Aloisi over Staj then their management is even more incompetent than I thought.
JP you sound just like my die hard roar mate. Its all true

Stephen Gibson

Not sure Michael. Tsekenis is worth a punt to at least be in the training squad given his form before injury. I know Cahill and Jing have had stints o/s but have we seen enough to suggest they are ready for A-League. I'm not convinced Smylie can cut through there either. Not saying he shouldn't be in the squad but all those players I just mentioned are competing for the same position and I think we need something better than them and Matty Simon to partner Urena. I think the x-factor in the Academy is Harry MacArthy. He may be a little inconsistent but the kid can produce something out of nothing and he is getting stronger. Would love to see him get a taste of top league football in a midfield role, including #10. Maybe FFA Cup might be a good spot to test the waters.
I've got a feeling that Nigro will go to Victory, considering thst they released Storm Roux. He was well liked by Victory fans, he's from Melbourne and it's an area that they only have scholarship players in and Popovic needs results immediately.

Good to hear that we have got that organised. Leaves room for a scholarship keeper!
Let

Did Staj leave because he was angling for the Western job?
ask Shaun. @ Peter

JoyfulPenguin

JP you sound just like my die hard roar mate. Its all true
He had Aziz Behich at Heart, a left back who after he left Heart has reguarly started in the Turkish Super Lig for 8 years , and chose to never play him and promote Iain Ramsey as a left back instead.

He either destroyed of or set back all of the careers of young players under his tutelage at Heart, such as Mauk, Vrankovic, Garrucio, Dugandzic, Williams, Retre and Walker. To instead go and promote Michael Mifsud, Massimo Murdocca and a bloke from Italian fourth division to go on, at the time, the longest winless run in A-League history.

He created such a terrible culture that it took three years and a sizeable chunk of CFG's money to reform it.

He frankly should be nowhere near an A-League gig when there are so many terrific coaches at NPL level just begging for a chance. People like John Anastasiadis, Damien Mori, Mark Crittenden or Ben Cahn should be far, far closer to an A-League job then John Aloisi, how he was picked over Staj shows how shambolic the operation over at Western United is.

Big Al

Fantastic news Staj was snubbed. He should not be coaching A League this year.

Makes you wonder if his 3yr deal was a 2 + 1 with the 3rd yr option in Staj’s favour hence he let management know during the season he was leaving.

To loose to JA is even better. Another job for the boys. WU sucks anyway

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred