• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

scottmac

Suspended
Unfortunately Niz looked out of depth in that AM role when he got his chance. Now that isnt to say dont play him there but he needs a buttload of work. Least of all he isnt a goal scorer which is a key part of what we need there.
Did we ever teally play Niz in a traditional AM role? I was a big fan and critic of him at certain stages throughout the year but I feel the times we played him with more attacking responsibility he was asked to be a wide player who drifts centrally. I think purely in a central role with Stens and Ollie behind he could deliver what we all know he's capable of. Once again, that would require some amazing wide defenders with serious motors and some brilliant wide forwards/midfielders.

Insertnamehere

Did we ever teally play Niz in a traditional AM role? I was a big fan and critic of him at certain stages throughout the year but I feel the times we played him with more attacking responsibility he was asked to be a wide player who drifts centrally. I think purely in a central role with Stens and Ollie behind he could deliver what we all know he's capable of. Once again, that would require some amazing wide defenders with serious motors and some brilliant wide forwards/midfielders.
Yeah late in the season, can't remember the one specific game emblazoned in my memory. The team was terrible and Niz was barely sighted.

Ozhammer

He would be well suited to the AM role if Monty elects to play in a 4-2-3-1 system imho. He has the skill set to see plays and the touch and mobility to create time and space for himself. Yes he needs to start scoring goals but that never stopped the likes of DDS being called a 10 despite his modest return in that department.

turbo

His Instagram tends to differ ? I reckon WSW, WU or Victory
Doubt WSW after they got Hemed. WU maybe but Victory on marquee wages seems the most likely if he is coming back. Must have been a big offer but then again they need to dig deep to restore some faith. COVID is a big factor but they lost almost 15k from their average attendance compared to 18-19 and 230k less people through the gate across the season. They cant afford another crap season.

turbo

He would be well suited to the AM role if Monty elects to play in a 4-2-3-1 system imho. He has the skill set to see plays and the touch and mobility to create time and space for himself. Yes he needs to start scoring goals but that never stopped the likes of DDS being called a 10 despite his modest return in that department.
Maybe as a substitute or injury replacement option but he can't be the 10 we aim to start the season with. I'm on the Nisbet bandwagon but decisions like that are the kind of thing we got conditioned to accept through years of mediocrity. The only other reason would be if we spend up big on some wide attackers and couldn't find a good established 10 for the money.

JoyfulPenguin

Monty talking all things Mariners on the Insert Sport Here podcast this week.
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1435900/...s-qld-bubble-l-l-victorious-van-gisbergen.mp3
"Probably looking to strengthen in fullback area and wide areas." Monty talked about seemingly everyone who will be there next season, including Ruon Tongyik who hasn't been announced as re-signed yet, absolutely no mention of Nigro so I assume he is gone.

Monty: "Myself and my assistant Sergio"
I assume that means Sergio Raimundo from our youth set-up is/will be Monty's assistant?

Monty: "We have to aim to be in the top six...Without being stupid and saying we're going to win the A-League."
Definitely lower expectations then last year.

turbo

Monty: "We have to aim to be in the top six...Without being stupid and saying we're going to win the A-League."
I wouldn’t say that, just avoiding making a noose for himself and reminding people not to get carried away with last seasons fairytale. Remember how tight the table was at the end.

turbo

I’m wondering if we’ve thought ahead on what happens if Stensness or Rowles have a great Olympic performance and attract offers too good to reject? I’m guessing Nisbet could slot in for Stensness (though not exactly like for like) and Hall could partner Tongyik if he comes back. If he doesn’t we need a CB.

Ironbark

"Probably looking to strengthen in fullback area and wide areas." Monty talked about seemingly everyone who will be there next season, including Ruon Tongyik who hasn't been announced as re-signed yet, absolutely no mention of Nigro so I assume he is gone.

Monty: "Myself and my assistant Sergio"
I assume that means Sergio Raimundo from our youth set-up is/will be Monty's assistant?

Thanks for the summary. I'm happy with all of that.

Would be happy to keep Nigro as a sub if we can strengthen fullback

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred