• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

JoyfulPenguin

I believe that he did train with us for a little while
Great to see that there is still a good relationship there.
His time in a professional environment in India will improve him as a player. Depending on our future squad situation it might be good to have him back one day.

JoyfulPenguin

From watching that a proper replacement for De Silva will be an impreative. Nisbet along side an experienced visa attacking midfielder seems the likeliest solution, unless we're willing to back in Balard or another Academy graduate in that creative midfield role?

Seeing as it was reported we made a pretty big offer for Najjarine and lost out to the Wanderers we're clearly in the market for a fairly direct replacement. There doesn't seem to really be any other Australian attacking midfielders on the market at the moment, at least for the quality we are after.

I suppose that's all assuming Monty keeps Staj & Arrante's system in place and from what I have heard from his coaching with our Academy side that seems the most likely.

Insertnamehere

From watching that a proper replacement for De Silva will be an impreative. Nisbet along side an experienced visa attacking midfielder seems the likeliest solution, unless we're willing to back in Balard or another Academy graduate in that creative midfield role?

Seeing as it was reported we made a pretty big offer for Najjarine and lost out to the Wanderers we're clearly in the market for a fairly direct replacement. There doesn't seem to really be any other Australian attacking midfielders on the market at the moment, at least for the quality we are after.

I suppose that's all assuming Monty keeps Staj & Arrante's system in place and from what I have heard from his coaching with our Academy side that seems the most likely.
A foreign 10 seems most likely. But given the season starts at the end of Oct I wouldn't expect the club to finalise till sometime near October if not the same sort of timing as Urena's deal.

pjennings

A foreign 10 seems most likely. But given the season starts at the end of Oct I wouldn't expect the club to finalise till sometime near October if not the same sort of timing as Urena's deal.
I find that Oct 30 date a bit sus. JJ said that the FFA Cup GF would be on a stand alone weekend and that is scheduled for Oct 30. 13-14th Nov are FIFA dates. I think a start date of the weekend of 20th Nov seems likely

Ironbark

I get the impression that the academy teams model their systems on the first team. The benefit is the academy players can step into the 1st team knowing the structure, their roles and responsibilities.

You would think this is determined by the head coach and so there's no reason Monty can't play the system he wants and the academy would likely follow suit next season

Ozhammer

I really can’t see that being the case tbh, Monty will no doubt want any key players on board in time for them to complete a full pre-season, not showing up just prior to the season starting (whenever that may be).

That said, it’s not always possible to do what you want to, when you want to, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Insertnamehere

I find that Oct 30 date a bit sus. JJ said that the FFA Cup GF would be on a stand alone weekend and that is scheduled for Oct 30. 13-14th Nov are FIFA dates. I think a start date of the weekend of 20th Nov seems likely
Its really irrelevant to what I was getting at. IMO we aren't likely to sign foreign 'big money' players till closer to the kick off date for financial reasons. Its not ideal because you want a full preseason in them

marinermick

I get the impression that the academy teams model their systems on the first team. The benefit is the academy players can step into the 1st team knowing the structure, their roles and responsibilities.

You would think this is determined by the head coach and so there's no reason Monty can't play the system he wants and the academy would likely follow suit next season

Staj and Monty hardly talked. All requests for Academy players went through Ken.

Ironbark

Staj and Monty hardly talked. All requests for Academy players went through Ken.
I've heard Ken talk about this before, I think on the pod. He said the academy mimics the first team structures for those reasons. But that the philosophy of play is set by the first team head coach and then ripples down the age groups

Stephen Gibson

would you guys take baumjohann at the club? he's left sydney and is keen to stay in the aleague, he would be decent for us i think, although i do expect he will want too much money and therefore not come here, but what do you guys think?
I would like him at at central coast Mariner

JoyfulPenguin

would you guys take baumjohann at the club? he's left sydney and is keen to stay in the aleague, he would be decent for us i think, although i do expect he will want too much money and therefore not come here, but what do you guys think?
I don't know if he is the right player culturally for us. Whenever he didn't get game time or the team was unsuccessful, at both the Wanderers or Sydney FC, he seemed to respond very poorly. He also had a rather poor defensive work rate across his time at two A-League sides and I don't know if we can carry a player like that especially one that would be expected to be a leader in our side.

booney

Baumjohann is a very talented attacking midfielder who can put some killer passes through to strikers who play off the shoulders of their markers.As Joyful Penguin has pointed out he is not reknown for his defence and perhaps has attitude problems.Possibly because of these flaws he is not the sort of player Monty would want.However if the club had more money to spend he would be an asset.

Insertnamehere

Nah. As other have mentioned seems lazy and a bit egotistical. Also seems to get lots of injuries.

Fine to have some ego about you if you're best player going, and we as a fanbase will cop it if you're also the hardest working.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred