• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

true believer

The only thing worse than off season, is off season in lock down.

DDS is a loss. (At least in a coming off contract year) but tbh, I’m thrilled with how little our pantry has been raided given our history. We’ve kept most of our most important players. Certainly our top 3 in Birra, Olly and Marcos.
DDS has killed his career . went to a club with davila and playing okon ball .
we may get him back in two years for a third of the price .

scottmac

Suspended
DDS has killed his career . went to a club with davila and playing okon ball .
we may get him back in two years for a third of the price .
It's 50/50 for him at the Bulls. He could look good in a shit structure next to or wide of Davilla....... or he'll sit on the pine because he holds the ball longer than Davilla does, is slower (mind) than Davilla is, and can't strike the ball like Davilla does.
I think he'd be devo that Davilla was announced before him seeing as though this deal was done yonks ago.

scottmac

Suspended
Also very interested to see who Mont brings in as #2 ‘keeper with Pearce moving on
I was very nervous about his appointment but now I'm excited to see who he brings in. He's got a fair amount of latitude and he's got 2 or 3 (if we're lucky or if he's frugal) import deals also. I'd take Jags, Vela and Mcmanaman and then just fill it with yoof......

Wombat

We have taken the piss with only 2 keepers for the last two years. If anything had happened to Birraz we would have been murdered as Pearce is no where near AL standard. We dodged a bullet!

I dont really care about Zois coz Birraz is quality already. Here is a left field suggestion if we are going to go Pikey standard (i.e stupid ) with our keepers and keeper coaches maybe hire a Coach that can actually cover our keeper if he gets injured or suspended.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

We have taken the piss with only 2 keepers for the last two years. If anything had happened to Birraz we would have been murdered as Pearce is no where near AL standard. We dodged a bullet!

I dont really care about Zois coz Birraz is quality already. Here is a left field suggestion if we are going to go Pikey standard (i.e stupid ) with our keepers and keeper coaches maybe higher a Coach that can actually cover our keeper if he gets injured or suspended.
With the way A-League rules are why don't we just sign an injury replacement keeper if Birrighitti gets injured? If our scholarship keeper is not up to it then we just nab whoever the standout keeper in the NPL NSW is at the moment for an injury replacement contract.
It's what every other A-League club does because it maximizes the value we get out of our salary cap spend, especially when the injured player's wage is covered by insurance.

Ozhammer

What about our S&C guy? He did a fantastic job. As well as the physios. Supreme fitness and very few soft tissue injuries.
Ken mentioned on the MMD stream that head Physio Dave McGuinness has moved on and that will be a big loss. He did a lot of good work keeping the boys on the park last season, so it is vital we appoint someone equally good for the coming season.

Forum Phoenix

Ken mentioned on the MMD stream that head Physio Dave McGuinness has moved on and that will be a big loss. He did a lot of good work keeping the boys on the park last season, so it is vital we appoint someone equally good for the coming season.

Yeah I thought it was a pretty remarkable season injury wise. You can’t do much about DDS kicking the ground. Only other real injury outs I remember were Nizz and Stens?

Proved how important achieving a high level fitness base in pre season is and how much we’d been missing it. One of our biggest complaints over the horror spell was our obvious lack of fitness.

Madness. As the smallest club we will always need to work harder than anyone else and being fit is one of the simplest and most effective things you have in your control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred