• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Ozhammer

I’m wondering if we’ve thought ahead on what happens if Stensness or Rowles have a great Olympic performance and attract offers too good to reject? I’m guessing Nisbet could slot in for Stensness (though not exactly like for like) and Hall could partner Tongyik if he comes back. If he doesn’t we need a CB.
I know Monty rates Max Ballard from the academy very highly as a 6, so I would imagine he is likely to figure in his plans as an understudy at the very least. Kye would likely be the hardest player to replace given he is naturally left footed and thus gives good balance to our CB pairing.

Michael

"Probably looking to strengthen in fullback area and wide areas." Monty talked about seemingly everyone who will be there next season, including Ruon Tongyik who hasn't been announced as re-signed yet, absolutely no mention of Nigro so I assume he is gone.

Monty: "Myself and my assistant Sergio"
I assume that means Sergio Raimundo from our youth set-up is/will be Monty's assistant?

Monty: "We have to aim to be in the top six...Without being stupid and saying we're going to win the A-League."
Definitely lower expectations then last year.

I wouldn’t say the expectations are lower. Staj never expected to finish 3rd. Last season for the most part was a miracle. Don’t have to be a genius to know lightning doesn’t strike same spot twice.

I personally don’t expect us to be world beaters but I do expect us to be quite competitive hopefully after a couple good visa signings

Michael

I know Monty rates Max Ballard from the academy very highly as a 6, so I would imagine he is likely to figure in his plans as an understudy at the very least. Kye would likely be the hardest player to replace given he is naturally left footed and thus gives good balance to our CB pairing.

also rate Balard.
Along with him, who else do we expect to be promoted from youth? My personal hopes would be Cahill, tsekenis, Jing (if he fails his trial) and maybe Brad Tapp

JoyfulPenguin

I just want to know what the case is with these guys first. Hatch, Tongyik, Nigro, Casella & Bouman & Smylie. It sounds like Ruon is staying but it would be nice to get confirmation.
Would be great if the club announced who is staying and going. But the club seem to be focused on softening any bad news with good news. Holding onto announcing Tongyik's re-signing will let them quickly distract from any bad news story that comes out in the future.

From the way Monty talked Ruon's deal is done and dusted just not announced. Hatch also got a mention so I would say he is sticking around too.

The defeaning silence around Casella and Bouman makes me think they are going though that is pure speculation.

pinklady

I just want to know what the case is with these guys first. Hatch, Tongyik, Nigro, Casella & Bouman & Smylie. It sounds like Ruon is staying but it would be nice to get confirmation.
also rate Balard.
Along with him, who else do we expect to be promoted from youth? My personal hopes would be Cahill, tsekenis, Jing (if he fails his trial) and maybe Brad Tapp
Hatch, Ballard, Smylie and Cahill are all on scholarships for next season

JoyfulPenguin

Thanks for the summary. I'm happy with all of that.

Would be happy to keep Nigro as a sub if we can strengthen fullback
I've got a feeling that Nigro will go to Victory, considering thst they released Storm Roux. He was well liked by Victory fans, he's from Melbourne and it's an area that they only have scholarship players in and Popovic needs results immediately.

Hatch, Ballard, Smylie and Cahill are all on scholarships for next season
Good to hear that we have got that organised. Leaves room for a scholarship keeper!

turbo

Holding onto announcing Tongyik's re-signing will let them quickly distract from any bad news story that comes out in the future.
Or they want some clean air from those allegations

Casella and Bouman makes me think they are going though that is pure speculation.
Casella seems worth another punt as a sub or squad player. I dont think Bouman is what we're after unless we are intending to use him as a sub for Urena. May be off overseas again after missing the olympics?

scottmac

Suspended
I'd defs want Casella again. Showed a good desire to go forward when possible. I'd also want Bouman again because he covers all across the front and the wide spots at a stretch. Loses nothing in defence no matter where he plays. I think our money should be spent on a genuine attacking midfielder that covers right across the field and at least one brilliant wide defender.

marinermick

I'd defs want Casella again. Showed a good desire to go forward when possible. I'd also want Bouman again because he covers all across the front and the wide spots at a stretch. Loses nothing in defence no matter where he plays. I think our money should be spent on a genuine attacking midfielder that covers right across the field and at least one brilliant wide defender.

And one that can take set pieces including corners.

Stephen Gibson

Tomi Juric
Both sign for bulls macArthur today sad we did not get Craig noone at central coast Mariner he will be good player for us

Craig Noone

Stephen Gibson

I've got a feeling that Nigro will go to Victory, considering thst they released Storm Roux. He was well liked by Victory fans, he's from Melbourne and it's an area that they only have scholarship players in and Popovic needs results immediately.

Good to hear that we have got that organised. Leaves room for a scholarship keeper!
How do you know that nigro is go Melbourne victory? Show us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred