• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Stephen Gibson

I think he could definitely play 'main striker' depending on how we are looking to attack. I appreciate that he did a great job dropping deep to get on the ball try and help open an attack, but as the season progressed and his fitness lifted he also did excellent work both in direct play counters and really surprised me with his pace and hold up play.

I get your point, but honestly, we could do a hell of lot worse than Marco as the tip of the spear and disagree with SM that we can be sure he needs a formation where he can sit in behind to be effective. Personally, from what he's said and how he played later in the season, I think he wants to get on goal a lot more, and this season was doing what he could and what he had to, to help the team and manage his physical limitations due to late arrival etc. But I think there's every chance as the tip of the spear he could bag 12 plus imo with the right players feeding him.

I thought I knew what kind of striker he was, but as his fitness grew, he changed more and more, making fast breaks, running off the last man, and like any good south American footballer, he seemed to thrive on constant movement, creativity and link play. So again, I think a 433 could be a possibility... But to be truly effective, we'd need need the right wing backs, so they can also get forward to support the wide forwards. Miller can do this I think. Hatch may not have the defensive ability yet... but he can at least definitely do this in attack and get back. And we need two real wingers, though In Casella and Bouman I think we have very decent subs for wide forwards in a 433.

Interesting times.

Pete, Josh and anyone else who's been attending, How has Monty been setting up his academy sides these past two years?
I go to game at pluim park he does two foward up front Monty does in Academy

Insertnamehere

On Marco one of the things that really impressed me this year was his support/education of the youngsters.
Many times both live and on tv I saw him coaching on the field. Once, as he came off for Kuol, he spoke rapid fire to Alou about what was happening in the game and the ways he should play from there.

If you rewatch one of the games where he partnered Reec upfront, can't remember which though I looked, you see him talking Reec through the game and directing his runs constantly and it led to a goal.

He is a massive player for us, much more valuable than what he can do alone (i.e. score in world cups).
He's a smart player who reads the game well and brings the youth up with him. His 2 years re-signing is as big a signing as we've ever pulled off imo
I think all that is absolutely why Marcos was signed. Leader, teacher, quality forward. Genuinely believe we'll see the best of him next season. Hopefully with those 10 goals and 5 assists I think hes worth

shipwreck

If Sydney take Ruon I can deal with that. I don't think they will get as much out of him as we did, but if he wants to chase that dream then so be it.

What I won't take well is if Sydney announce Staj as their new coach on a 3 year deal, that would be an absolute shit bloke move.

true believer

If Sydney take Ruon I can deal with that. I don't think they will get as much out of him as we did, but if he wants to chase that dream then so be it.

What I won't take well is if Sydney announce Staj as their new coach on a 3 year deal, that would be an absolute shit bloke move.
has sydney canned corica ?

FFC Mariner

I'd like (hope) RT stays here at least 1 more year then test himself in Asia or Europe. He would suit Korea who seem to like our CB's (Wilko etc).
Arnie always said if players followed what he said they would be millionaires. Not sure a 3 year deal for another few $$ at Sydney does that for him.
Mind you, thats my wishful thinking

Pirate Pete

Certainly a bit of a worry I'm hoping GA is in Ruon's ear telling him to stick to partnering Kye at a club level so that they can both progress together.
I hope you're right.
I was thinking the opposite actually. GA getting in Ruon's ear to go to Sydney.
Couldn't persuade him during the World Cup games so decided to call him up for the Olympics
to have another word.
I'd be really disappointed if he went to Sydney. I know there's not much loyalty around these days
however I feel Ruon owes us. Picked him up when his career was going nowhere.
To walk out now wouldn't look good.
I hope I'm wrong and we can re sign him & flog him off overseas next year if need be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred