• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R 19 CCM vs AUFC

bikinigirl

At the end of the day you know the club has limited resources and hands on deck - to expect this level of clarity and communication at such short notice is unfair. I know for a fact they've all been working their arses off to communicate this since it was confirmed late this morning.

It sucks and it's a shit decision (which the FFA should have made earlier), but ragging on the club for it is a bit unfair given most of the process is out of their hands.

. sorry i am going to have to call bullshit on this one. i know it was a late decision (and not the club's) and i know that they have limited resources - but nobody was at the kendall at the time they advertised - not even a note. the only signage said 'booked for private function'

And for what it's worth, someone sent me this photo from 1pm at CCLC:

CbI9A8IVIAAJrXv.jpg

. and that isn't worth much @ 1pm when people were there before 12pm ... Shaun said at the re-scheduled pre-match that all the staff went for lunch after having a busy morning

. defend them as much as you like but that was poor form

Wombat

We were absolute shite,

We had 1 shot in the 1st half ( and 30% possession) and went in 1 nil up....Wtf.

Moss like tonight. The only positive is that Arnie isn't our coach.

Fab the only bright light.
Posco again did ok.
Bingham who obviously should have started did well.
Isso is a mug. Why would you start him in front of Bray. He has played well in 1 game all season.

bikinigirl

. their third goal was what killed me ... we had given up ... and if we hadn't it would have been a draw (in theory)

... a draw despite their first coming from a freekick that looked nothing like a freekick and their second from a clear offside position - from that position i would have congratulated the boys on some success despite the adversity. but the way we conceded the third ... it's a bit hard to argue

midfielder

Were to start ....

Tonight for me anyway was clear evidence we need a new coach and good guy Tony needs to resume his old role.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was starting Garica in a No 9 lead striker role .... he has done all his damage from deep were he can also direct play ... We had no one who could give him decent service ....But he does not have the speed off the mark and can easy be closed down in a strikers position.... Also his best has been coming on not starting ...

Beyond that we seemed like a team with no idea what to do and relying on an individual brilliance of the player on the ball to create something.

Our pressing was non existence today...

The team looked today leaderless and bereft of ideas I know results per-se have not meant to count this year but the squad was to improve and on what I saw tonight we have not.

Some others matters the ref and Linie ... OMG the offside goal and the first goal IMO was a dive or more Bruce ran into our player... the last goal again in the final minutes and again beyond poor defending.

Garth

I think the half time entertainment and I really do question whether that was entertainment was arranged by a sponsor didn't I hear the demented figure wearing his underwear on the outside mention Tumbi Tyres but I could be wrong. I have never left a game before completion but tonight I left at the equalizer and candidly I don't think I'll be back for anymore! Maybe I'll follow world championship chess it's got to be more entertaining than what we are being subjected to presently both away and home games particularly when we have to contend with a procession of arsehole a league refs, Fifa had corruption didn't it someone should put the A-league under the microscope.:vomit:
Also the Hyundai A league app is as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle and tits on a bull I give it the vote for the worst app ever to grace our mobile technology!

Last edited:

style_cafe

Clear a spot in the cabinet the wooden spoon is heading our way.
When we needed Houdini to help us escape it we ended up with a knob like Super Hubert.

Although we lead at half time we were not the better team.
No matter how hard the guys tried, the endless free-kicks against us & the constant unforced errors that we made were always going to take their toll.

I thought we were very lucky Fab wasn`t called off-side for his goal.
Also, blaming Izzo for the first goal is a bit rough. Clearly Izzo set the wall & our widest defender (not sure who it as) didn`t hold the line,which left the gap.
Their second was blatently offside.
I left with a minute to go so didn`t see the other goals as the show was really over by then.

One thing that did please me though was watching Austin & Fab switch sides in the second half.
It totally changed the dynamic & afforded Austin a great run to the edge of the box by cutting inside. A more experienced player would have buried a shot but unfortunately he lost the ball.

It was my first time watching "The Budgie"too & I was very impressed with the way he tracked back & the speed he showed.
Bingers looked good too when he came on.

Very surprised also that TW played Garcia as a centre forward. Touches of Moss for sure with that one but at least he was trying something different.

Apart from that it was "same old, same old. :popcorn:

Gratis

I only just found out we scored a second. As soon as their third goal went in I walked out. I've never done that before

pjennings

I have not seen the third goal again - but at the game it seemed like Sanchez was doing his best to obstruct Josh as he was coming through to block the shot. Did anyone else see this?

ballantyne

We had the upper hand in that game when the half time whistle blew: not before nor after.
Playing the oldest player up front? Switching wingers? That confused Adelaide so much they scored.
The spoon is ours and we deserve it.

Let's stop complaining about refs. Do you think our opponents' supporters are all stroking their chins and commending the ref on another sterling performance?

If you let the opponent dominate for 90m you lose the game, ref or no.

soccer mad

Totally agree Tony had etnough time ,other clubs in the league have improved even Newcastle our team is going backwoods. ="midfielder, post: 218413, member: 120"]Were to start ....

Tonight for me anyway was clear evidence we need a new coach and good guy Tony needs to resume his old role.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was starting Garica in a No 9 lead striker role .... he has done all his damage from deep were he can also direct play ... We had no one who could give him decent service ....But he does not have the speed off the mark and can easy be closed down in a strikers position.... Also his best has been coming on not starting ...

Beyond that we seemed like a team with no idea what to do and relying on an individual brilliance of the player on the ball to create something.

The team looked today leaderless and bereft of ideas I know results per-se have not meant to count this year but the squad was to improve and on what I saw tonight we have not.

Some others matters the ref and Linie ... OMG the offside goal and the first goal IMO was a dive or more Bruce ran into our player... the last goal again in the final minutes and again beyond poor defending.[/QUOTE]
Tot
Were to start ....

Some others matters the ref and Linie ... OMG the offside goal and the first goal IMO was a dive or more Bruce ran into our player... the last goal again in the final minutes and again beyond poor defending.

soccer mad

TW is shit our team is shit . We can pick to pieces all the bad decisions that didn't go our way ,if that wasn't frustrating enough, but watching us play now that's what pissing me off. 50 k a week for Garcia let's put this in perspective what could have had for that much coin instead , these so called marques under estimate this league it's not a stroll in the park . TW is never animated on the bench our team is screaming for direction and he sits there but hey its not about winning the game ,then why f**king play at all,he's been given a license to lose. Imagine if Arnie was riding Farrerah all night how much mileage we get from him ,look what happened Pedge when he left for Sydney fc not A list anymore gone fanitto. We deserve more Mariner fan than this shit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred