• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R 19 CCM vs AUFC

VicMariner

I pretty much agree with what has been said already.
TW has got to maximise LG. False 9 or outright 9 is not the answer.
Garcia should play as #10, feeding Austin, Ferreira and a #9.
Bingham to start and #TBT to sub for him. Roy to go into the side when he gets back.
And give the gloves to Bray already!!

Adelaide have been on a winning run recently, was always going to be a tough game.
All the low teams just above us winning has really hurt.

Hang tough! COYY!!

FFC Mariner

No Kpi's and look at the outcomes.

Walmsley is hopelessly out of his depth and can't even coach the basics.

He has just realised that Garcia is a 10? FMD

FFC Mariner

Why sing "we lose every week"?!?! It's depressing and I bet the players feel some animosity toward us for it. Where is the pride. Are we a f**king joke?

Agree. The players have no pride in the shirt and we are a f**king joke.

The whole league is laughing at us

style_cafe

Steady on guys & girls.
Did you honestly think we would make the top 4 when we started the season?
It was always going to be a tough season,we knew that.
Last years re-build was a total failure unfortunately.
This year TW has cleaned the decks & got rid of the deadwood. He has also unearthed some exciting prospects.

Austin has grown as a footballer. He still needs to toughen up but he has made tremendous strides & is probably the most fouled player in the League
McGing & Ascroft at the start of the year were cabbage. Now look at them, they`ve both hardened up & are now about 50% better than 6 months ago.
Posco now leads the back 4 in his second season.
Bingers is also greatly improved & will probably be a starter from now on.
The Budgie also had an impressive game v the REDs & will improve greatly.
L Rose is also great improved & will benefit immensely from this tough season.

We have the basic ingredients.
We have a coach that is patient & has confidence in his players.
We have an owner that has made great inroads to creating a sustainable football team in our region.

It`s easy to come here & vent, we all do it.
But let`s not piss before our water comes. Be patient, good times are around the corner.:popcorn:

Last edited:

pjennings

Steady on guys & girls.
This year TW has cleaned the decks & got rid of the deadwood. He has also unearthed some exciting prospects.

Austin has grown as a footballer. He still needs to toughen up but he has made tremendous strides & is probably the most fouled player in the League
McGing & Ascroft at the start of the year were cabbage. Now look at them, they`ve both hardened up & are now about 50% better than 6 months ago.

We have an owner that has made great inroads to creating a sustainable football team in our region.

But let`s not piss before out water comes. Be patient, good times are around the corner.:popcorn:

All is not great - and I can't agree with all the tactics employed by TW (a 37 year old playmaker playing as a #9 is one, Izzo in front of Bray is another) - but looking at the squad we have there is improvement across the park from earlier in the season. I still would like an experienced CB.

Next season maybe Chris Herd might be worth a shot. Can also cover/replace Monty when he retires as well as operate as a RB. Liam as well is coming along well at HM. We will either need to retain Luis and get him fitter for next season or if he goes then we will need another first choice #10. Striker is less of a problem with Bingers looking good and Roy coming back. Trent looks like he will be able to grow into cover for Mitch and if we could get a similar prospect on the right to cover Fab.

Still not a very 'flashy' squad - but a young one that can grow and get better together.

Wombat

All is not great - and I can't agree with all the tactics employed by TW (a 37 year old playmaker playing as a #9 is one, Izzo in front of Bray is another) - but looking at the squad we have there is improvement across the park from earlier in the season. I still would like an experienced CB.

Next season maybe Chris Herd might be worth a shot. Can also cover/replace Monty when he retires as well as operate as a RB. Liam as well is coming along well at HM. We will either need to retain Luis and get him fitter for next season or if he goes then we will need another first choice #10. Striker is less of a problem with Bingers looking good and Roy coming back. Trent looks like he will be able to grow into cover for Mitch and if we could get a similar prospect on the right to cover Fab.

Still not a very 'flashy' squad - but a young one that can grow and get better together.

Impossible to get any worse seeing as we are about to get our first ever Spoon.
Does the blame lie with TW or MC????

pjennings

Impossible to get any worse seeing as we are about to get our first ever Spoon.
Does the blame lie with TW or MC????

With 2 games against the Jests I am not conceding that. If we can pick up 6 points there then we need to one 1 more game than them of the remainder to go in front. Nix also do not have a great run in.

FFC Mariner

The singing (brief and sporadic as it was) came from in front of us and I understand people vent their disgust at how we are set up and the lack of basic football sense we have.

We were just sat mute watching yet another tactical disaster unfold.

Is that 3 games running he has got his selection and tactics wrong?

The 5,000 there on Sunday were the core. The die-hards. I'd guess mainly members. To piss your core off so badly says a lot about how the club regard us.

Ancient Mariner

Steady on guys & girls.

But let`s not piss before out water comes. Be patient, good times are around the corner.:popcorn:

Good post.

With the smallest fan base, the poorest owners, and squeezed between three other large clubs we are always going to do it tough and have some very lean years.

This club will always have to punch above its weight and use a different strategy to SFC, Victory and the others who can spend their way to the top.

The strategy that has been put in place is correct both in terms of survival and future success.

If people on this forum cannot see this, and are not prepared to be patient through the tough times, but would rather throw shit and feast on goo, then they are supporting the wrong team.

Ancient Mariner

And just to correct a misconception I see here often.

When someone is described as an apologist for a point of view it does not mean they are apologising for it, rather they are explaining the reasoning for that point of view.

localpom

Good post.

With the smallest fan base, the poorest owners, and squeezed between three other large clubs we are always going to do it tough and have some very lean years.

This club will always have to punch above its weight and use a different strategy to SFC, Victory and the others who can spend their way to the top.

The strategy that has been put in place is correct both in terms of survival and future success.

If people on this forum cannot see this, and are not prepared to be patient through the tough times, but would rather throw shit and feast on goo, then they are supporting the wrong team.
Great post Ancient. Look, we are all disappointed with the season so far but it is what it is. We have a very young inexperienced squad ( and coaching staff), and of all the teams in the A league we have the most improvement in us. Several of our young players will become very good players in the next 2 or 3 seasons, we just have to ride out a couple of development years. We don't have the money for quick fixes like the 2 Melbourne and Sydney sides. What is critical for next season is that we must sign the right 2 or 3 experienced quality players who can guide the youngsters and also add the football know how to the raw talent we have. Yes, TW and the young players have made mistakes but they will learn from them. Personally i find some of the comments about the young guys disappointing. We will be much improved next season.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Singing crap like that won't help.

When you're faced with a heap of shit, the problem is not helped by piling more shit on top.
I think it's just the supporters trying to keep their own spirits up. When your two choices are to laugh or cry, can't blame anybody for choosing the former.

dibo

There are lots of perfectly rational reasons behind both our current position at the foot of the table and behind my (and others') optimism that we're not going to be at the bottom forever.

But singing shit like that (briefly or otherwise) might well get the players wondering to themselves if the 'supporters' have lost faith, then why should they have any?

Pirate Pete

I think you nailed it with that first bit there. I thought the loss at home to Melbourne was our worst game, until Sunday. Knowing that Phoenix had got three points, it was a must win game.

I thought one of the reasons Luis was bought here was to help us with his experience. Now I would have thought that during the week after the Brisbane loss TW & Luis would have had a chat
about how to improve things. I can't for the life of me think that Luis said " play me as a number 9". Maybe he did but I just can't see it.

I was going to type more, but I've got work to do. Just can't get across how disappointed I was with the display on Sunday.

Big Al

Highlights:
  • Spring rolls at the club.
  • Bingers is looking good, looks fit and up to match speed now. Will be a good combo with O'Donovan
  • The budgie screaming back from Niagra Park to shut down there attack and getting waves from a nice looking girl post game. Enjoy your youth son
  • Monty calling it how it was post game, shit touchy
  • The coast chant catching on with the whole stadium clapping along
  • WDWS east side all couple hundred going off.. Sounded awesome for the amount of people on that side. Well done
  • Congrats to the parents who acknowledge the mariners are more important than school

Last edited:

Big Al

Pretty sure Garcia was effective upfront against NIX might have scored a little gem;)

Was played upfront so he doesn't have to defend.

He had some poor touches tonight as well.

He was very vocal which was great and was getting the shits when they didn't pass to him, including Monty. You can't take competitive spirit out of a guy no matter how old he's getting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred