• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R 19 CCM vs AUFC

Luca Brasi

Well that was pretty disappointing.

Whilst not being part of the "TW out" brigade, he didnt do himself any favours by playing Garcia at #9 as said by others previously.
We need a #10 and his strength is his control, vision, passing (although as reported, he was largely ineffective last night as a #9).
TW appeared to admit the position issue in the press conference.

I think the team just lacked balance with 2 wingers who stay wide and rely on service and no genuine striker providing the pace/movement through the middle.
I am having trouble understanding how we can make the 433 work with the work rate of Austin, Garcia and Fabio.
TW must have thought that putting Monty, Rose jnr and Neill together would supplement that but the constant turnovers and fouls meant we were always under pressure.
Austin remains one dimensional, he is devastating going forward but struggles with his passing options and keeping possession, he goes missing for long periods.
Fabio tracks back more than he used to but can still be seen walking back and his stamina in the last 20 minutes is limited.
Whilst we have Garcia lets play him at #10 and let Rose jnr play the role he is comfortable with next to Monty - 2 DM, one a ball winner the other a ball player.

Izzo failed again with the wall and frustrates me how he doesnt provide the defenders with a passing option back and his lack of authority in the box where he leaves it for the defender to clear rather than claiming it himself. This contributes to the constant pressure the defence is under when they clear for a corner or a throw in the back third.
Good to see Storm control Goodwin for the most part compared to the last game.
How quick was Buhagier!

v City next week
Bray
Roux Posco Ascroft RoseJ
Monty RoseL
Garcia
Fabio Bingham Austin

subs: McGing, Buhagier, Stella, Neill, Izzo

Wonder if TW will go for the man marking of Mooy with McGing again?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What an absolute cock-up the reschedule was. What was the crowd in the end?
. their third goal was what killed me ... we had given up ... and if we hadn't it would have been a draw (in theory)

... a draw despite their first coming from a freekick that looked nothing like a freekick and their second from a clear offside position - from that position i would have congratulated the boys on some success despite the adversity. but the way we conceded the third ... it's a bit hard to argue

That was an absolutely disgraceful decision. Some offside decision are extremely difficult and you can't complain too hard about them being wrong. This one was easy, inexcusable. Players aren't moving around too quickly, they weren't crossing the offside line at the moment the ball was kicked. Less understandable an error than MV's non-goal.

It's still the fault of the defence that he won the ball though.

That goal was again 100% izzo mistake. Standing behind his wall, sick of being beaten front post, leaves the back post wide open. f**king rookie
Should put the sauce bottles in goal - half the strikers in the HAL are so bad they'd probably keep hitting it too. No player has cost us the season as much as Izzo. He's not progressing in the slightest. His amateur errors would concede goals if he was playing in CCF Div 1. I'd rather put Montgomery or somebody in goals at this rate.

Piss off Izzo and develop the stand-in. Let them make their mistakes this season when it doesn't really matter (we've got the spoon, let's be realistic) and they'll be fine next season. As it is, forcing Izzo to play all season means that next season we're either buying a new keeper, still running Izzo (f*** off!!!) or going to put Bray in goals without being properly blooded at this level. Sadly, I feel like I know which one is more likely......who's looking forward to 2017/18? lol

have to contend with a procession of arsehole a league refs, Fifa had corruption didn't it someone should put the A-league under the microscope.:vomit:
Also the Hyundai A league app is as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle and tits on a bull I give it the vote for the worst app ever to grace our mobile technology!

HAL referees screw each team equally...lol
And I've never used the HAL app. The match feed is about as quick and on-the-ball as Izzo's reflexes. A-League Live is a much better way of keeping up to date.

Luca Brasi

I thought we were very lucky Fab wasn`t called off-side for his goal.
The young bloke watched it on Fox and reckons he started his run from within his own half (just).
I thought he might have been because as he sprints to beat the defender to the ball he takes a little glance back at the linesman!

Gratis

The young bloke watched it on Fox and reckons he started his run from within his own half (just).
I thought he might have been because as he sprints to beat the defender to the ball he takes a little glance back at the linesman!
yeah Ferreira was in our half when the through ball was kicked

FFC Mariner

Anyone else notice the coordinated booing from a lot of Bay 15 everytime izzo had the ball passed back to him?

Add that to the general moaning about how shit we were and it made for s great night.

ballantyne

Anyone notice AU's procedure for a play out? One reason our play outs are suicidally dangerous is they are slow and in traffic. Amor seems to have a method for this.

Manny_ccm

Anyone else notice the coordinated booing from a lot of Bay 15 everytime izzo had the ball passed back to him?

Add that to the general moaning about how shit we were and it made for s great night.
The booing was led by a group of "supporters" in Bay 15 along with their regular references to Hutch's backpasss playing and subsequent coaching style - made for a less than pleasant experience

localpom

Like everyone else i was disappointed with the result but i can't be too critical of Tony or any of the players. Rightly or wrongly we have had a major squad reshuffle during the season and have 6 or 7 starting players that are still getting to grips with playing at this level. Izzo,Bray, Micky Neill, Ascroft,Uskok, Fletcher, Bing, McGing, HB, Liam Rose, Posco, Mitch, Trent, Adelson, Macdonald, Stella, Kalik, Heffernan amongst others. If any other A league coach could have been successful with this years squad he would have performed miracles.
To compound things Roy gets an 8 game ban.
That is a huge percentage of our team who are still a work in progress. The good news is they are young, talented and will learn from it. 5 or so of those players should be starters for next year but we need 3 players minimum for next season who are of a quality that would get them into most if not all A league sides. If this season is the massive learning curve and major reshuffle that was needed, then all good. If we don't learn from it then changes will have to be made. We can all see where we are deficient, and what is needed to get us back to been a top 6 side. I still believe next year will be a good one, let's see.

Gratis

Like everyone else i was disappointed with the result but i can't be too critical of Tony or any of the players. Rightly or wrongly we have had a major squad reshuffle during the season and have 6 or 7 starting players that are still getting to grips with playing at this level. Izzo,Bray, Micky Neill, Ascroft,Uskok, Fletcher, Bing, McGing, HB, Liam Rose, Posco, Mitch, Trent, Adelson, Macdonald, Stella, Kalik, Heffernan amongst others. If any other A league coach could have been successful with this years squad he would have performed miracles.
To compound things Roy gets an 8 game ban.
That is a huge percentage of our team who are still a work in progress. The good news is they are young, talented and will learn from it. 5 or so of those players should be starters for next year but we need 3 players minimum for next season who are of a quality that would get them into most if not all A league sides. If this season is the massive learning curve and major reshuffle that was needed, then all good. If we don't learn from it then changes will have to be made. We can all see where we are deficient, and what is needed to get us back to been a top 6 side. I still believe next year will be a good one, let's see.
I agree with this and don't blame the coaching staff. I would have used Garcia as a false 9 and had Bingham (and in a few weeks Roy) on but I get that they tried something by loading more into the DM area considering who we were playing.
Not an easy season by any measure, for any of us - club, players or fans. Hopefully with a settled squad now we'll get a few points over the final rounds but I don't expect anything off the top teams as we just aren't at their level right now. If this was the start of the season maybe but those teams are moving into their strongest where as it's like we've just come out of preseason with the players reshuffled they way they've been.
Our only hope of avoiding the spoon is the occasional upset and taking points of the likes of Perth and Newc...which is looking harder by the week as their respective forms improve.
The spoon is nearly a given this season. It hurts. But next season will be better and we'll build from there.

The remainder of this season - blood #ThatboyTrent please, his potential is exciting. Use Garcia as a 10 or false 9. Give Bray a shot and make Izzo fight for his spot back. Lock down holding onto Fabio and Austin for a couple of more seasons.

Deej

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but yesterday's performance was horrible, why the hell would you consider playing Garcia in the lone central striker role? He's a number 10 for christ sake, very poor tactics and I cannot see the group of players improving whilst we have him in charge, we need a coach who can tactically change how we play when we need it and can get the best out of players, we are so predictable for teams we play against. Don't get me wrong he's a great guy and very engaging with the fans but results count. Any manager in any league around the world with a record like his would be sacked no question, 3 wins, 3 draws and 13 losses and that's only this season, when he started 12 months ago we didn't exactly see huge improvement from the Moss days.

Charlesworth says he wants us to play entertaining football, does he honestly think yesterday was entertaining for the fans? Does he think we were entertaining the week previous when we were beaten 4 nil? Is it entertaining that we've had 4 red cards this season? If the only KPI Walmsley has is to entertain, then in my opinion he's not meeting his KPI. The mentality of our owner of results don't matter is disgusting, the fans deserve more, the players deserve more and if Charlesworth thinks our memberships base will improve or even stay the same as this season then he's not very bright as people won't continue to spend their money to watch garbage.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.........rants over

Gratis

"Bingham proved himself to be a real handful when he came on, scoring the home side’s consolation goal late on and Walmsley hinted Garcia may benefit playing in behind the powerful frontman.

"I’m looking at Josh Bingham and the power that he gives us up there, and the pace we've got out wide, Luis maybe playing as a ten is a better option," Walmsley said.

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...gk9au41sa7151f6a02718yzuq#f62g1WoDztmgywg6.99

soccer mad

TW and Super Hubert should link up together as two clowns who don't have a f**king clue . Whoever is head of promotion should join them as well ,at what point did you think he'd be great entertainment.

n4fe

Why sing "we lose every week"?!?! It's depressing and I bet the players feel some animosity toward us for it. Where is the pride. Are we a f**king joke?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred