• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

More relocation chat/brawling

eenfish

Bugger. It looks familiar as all hell and its getting to me, I'm thinking North Sydney or George St...

adz

Staff member
Overrated, overpaid, injury-prone has-beens not required.

I guess that's a bit wordy...

nebakke

There's one of those poster-thingies by the stairs down to the platform at North Sydney as well... Have to say, it's not the worst thing in the world to walk past Hutch holding up the toilet seat on the way home every day ;)

adz

Staff member
Quick question - do they do bus advertising, posters, and basically a massive advertising blitz like this for the games on the Central Coast?
Or are they more interested in getting people to North Sydney?

dibo

Quick question - do they do bus advertising, posters, and basically a massive advertising blitz like this for the games on the Central Coast?
Or are they more interested in getting people to North Sydney?
The ROI on this is going to be very interesting. I wonder if Ticketek divulges info on where ticket-buyers live for different events, so that the club has some sort of meaningful metric. What would be *really* useful would be cross-matching that against SFC (and even WSW) members/frequent ticket purchasers to see how many are potential fans and how many are 'tourists'.

nebakke

Yeah, ever since seeing the montre at North Sydney, I've been wondering who actually paid for it, I'm not certain it's the club... Wife suggested it might be the Council... Dunno

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
And if they are stepping up marketing for this game over and above what they normally do for the Coast, you would think that would make any results invalid.

If they get a big crowd to the game is it because there was a huge desire in North Sydney to see A-League football, or was it because of the marketing blitz?

If it was because of the marketing blitz, why wouldn't that work on the Coast also?

If they take it as a success and say let's have more games there, will they keep up this level of marketing or will it drop off, in which case will the crowds drop off and then North Sydney can cop the "use it or lose it" attitude?

So many questions...

Big Al

Yes I have seen a bus with Mariners on it on the coast. Actually got me going well they are doing something.

But why that colour blue. Looks very SFC to me & the game details are small compared to the add.

Should be yellow with blue writing - The champions are coming to town. Catch them at NSO.

Was actually thinking have they done squat to advert this game. Might be kicking into gear this week.

I am also surprised the members ticket discount is via a code instead of something to identify where you are from unless they had two codes (one for cc members & one for southern central coast members) so they could see what the turn up includes. E.g. All coastie members traveled to the game or only 5% etc.

I am going to go but more due to my wife being a bears tragic & spent most of her childhood at NSO wasting her time cheering on the Bears. So more a memorial trip for her than to support our shift into our southern central coast base.

nebakke

I'm thinking I'll go as well... I work just down the road from NSO and work has Christmas drinks on anyway, so I'll be around anyway, doesn't seem right to let the boys rough it out on their own when I'm THAT close AND we're playing a traditionally low pulling team anyway...
Plus, I have to admit, I'm a little curious about the experience there ;)

eenfish

I never saw Northern Spirit play and I have a thing for old timey looking stadiums. Just wanna experience something different, plus its like ten minutes from my place so theres that too 'eh.

Big Al

So it begs the question what is success for this game & how can that success be manipulated to suit different parties.

If MC got a Major sponsor for the game who covered all the costs including the seats at the stadium & and made a profit but no body went . Say 2k crowd. Is that success? Financially it would be as he made money for the club but from a perception point of view the media. SFC & CC members would say what a waste you had a shit crowd.

What if the same thing happened but they gave every member of Gladsville, Hornsby & Northern beaches associations free or $5 tickets & they turn up. Then you have a good crowd with financial backing. But the crowd was fake in that they weren't really dipping into the our pockets to go? The club would say great crowd we made money it's a success & the media could be blinded from digging into the truth on why the crowd went.

Then there is the reverse what if all CC members boycott & don't attend. There is a very small crowd. Suits CC members as says we told you & you pissed us off doing it. The boys & club suffer but maybe thats required to show you we have a good thing going at Gosford.

What if way more money is spent advertising this game than any other & it's a flop. The CC members will be pissed saying why waste that money on the north shore when that could buy heaps on the CC.

Either way it seems to me to be a receipe for disaster. Success makes the locals nervous but the owner happy. Failure makes the locals semi happy but the owner disappointed which effects the club which effects us again.

adz

Staff member
Complete shambles really. Melbourne Heart are playing their community round in Albury this year. Victory played in Tassie last year. I think there have been others but can't remember where.

The next time this community round thing comes around for us we should either scrap it and have 14 home, 13 away, or if we really have to do a community round, take it somewhere like Dubbo or Orange, or even Canberra, where they don't have the opportunity to see A-League football.

I thought the whole idea of a community round was to bring A-League football to areas that can't normally access it, yet we have been allowed to put it in an area that has 4 teams within an hour or so. At first I thought yeah whatever, cheeky Mariners, but now we know this is a precursor to more games being shifted away from home.

Hopefully the FFA are just as angry that their Community Round concept has been rorted like this and don't allow it again.

kevrenor

Complete shambles really. Melbourne Heart are playing their community round in Albury this year. Victory played in Tassie last year. I think there have been others but can't remember where.

The next time this community round thing comes around for us we should either scrap it and have 14 home, 13 away, or if we really have to do a community round, take it somewhere like Dubbo or Orange, or even Canberra, where they don't have the opportunity to see A-League football. ....

Coffs Harbour :thumbup: (added bonus, it would piss off the Jets, who largely neglect most of NNSW territory)

I had been told officially this is not a community round, it was just that Bluetongue was booked for the Carols - but I'm totally confused now about it all

adz

Staff member
Coffs Harbour :thumbup: (added bonus, it would piss off the Jets, who largely neglect most of NNSW territory)

I had been told officially this is not a community round, it was just that Bluetongue was booked for the Carols - but I'm totally confused now about it all

Yep if it's a community round why bother mentioning the Carols?

Not only that but wasn't this a game rescheduled from earlier this year? Why would we reschedule a home game to a day where we can't play at home?

Sounds to me like someone looked at the Bluetongue Calendar and said ooh look, Carols are on, we can say it was because of that.

Just fire off a ton of different excuses and see which one sticks.

Big Al

Yeah I thought it was planned in the offseason (we had the first fights over it)

Then Arnie was cursing our game being moved for the All whites World Cup game.

I think they might of known a long time ago the w/cup qualifier was on so planned for it but why would Arnie ark up about something planned that far in advance?

A lot of smoke & mirrors.

bikinigirl

Yeah I thought it was planned in the offseason (we had the first fights over it)

Then Arnie was cursing our game being moved for the All whites World Cup game.

I think they might of known a long time ago the w/cup qualifier was on so planned for it but why would Arnie ark up about something planned that far in advance?

A lot of smoke & mirrors.

. the reason arnie got upset was because wsw received different treatment when their game was similarly impacted. Wellington were undermanned, wanderers didn't have to play a catch up game ... win-win-win ... but only if you are the league's darling team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred