• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

pjennings

I'm not sure of my team for this week  :-\ (that's why they pay Lawrie the big bucks). Mile, Boogs, Hutch and Sasho are all in card trouble so I would like to limit their use - but we now know we have to at least get a win.

I have a good feeling about this game. We need to settle and not concede early. Then if we can nick a couple before half time and the heads drop for the Nix we have a team that has the potential to go on with it and score a lot of goals.

Matt to score his first at about 30 mins JA to knock in one just before half time. Second half we go on with it for a comfortable win.  :fireup:

pjennings

marinersman said:
I say we go for broke. Let's go all out for a big win. The way I look at it, the boys must approach the game to win big and not rely on Qld and the smurfs to draw or lose.

We don't have anything to lose really, we're in the four and can win the toilet seat from fourth spot if it works out that way.

The Premiership means everything. It proves you were the best team over the course of the season and that's the one we should be aiming for, so let's go all out and get our confidence back. A win by the odd goal against the last place team won't do wonders for our confidence so we should play to smash them.

We have everything to gain.

That is all true for an approach - but we have to be careful with card trouble for Mile, Hutch Boogs and Sash. I would rest the first three and hope that Sash does pick up another card.

-----------Danny
Clarky--Wilko---Viddy--Checkers
-----------Gumps
Matt---------------------Kwas
------------Tommy
-----Sash----------JA

Bench Trotty, Porter, O'Grady, McAndrew

If we're up a couple after 60 min bring Sash of for Stringers up front. 

Still go out there to win with the front five attacking but lets not hamstring ourselves going forward if we don't become premiers by losing players with cards.

P

Pete

pjennings said:
marinersman said:
I say we go for broke. Let's go all out for a big win. The way I look at it, the boys must approach the game to win big and not rely on Qld and the smurfs to draw or lose.

We don't have anything to lose really, we're in the four and can win the toilet seat from fourth spot if it works out that way.

The Premiership means everything. It proves you were the best team over the course of the season and that's the one we should be aiming for, so let's go all out and get our confidence back. A win by the odd goal against the last place team won't do wonders for our confidence so we should play to smash them.

We have everything to gain.

That is all true for an approach - but we have to be careful with card trouble for Mile, Hutch Boogs and Sash. I would rest the first three and hope that Sash does pick up another card.

-----------Danny
Clarky--Wilko---Viddy--Checkers
-----------Gumps
Matt---------------------Kwas
------------Tommy
-----Sash----------JA

Bench Trotty, Porter, O'Grady, McAndrew

If we're up a couple after 60 min bring Sash of for Stringers up front. 

Still go out there to win with the front five attacking but lets not hamstring ourselves going forward if we don't become premiers by losing players with cards.

I tend to disagree with your theory for this selection. Selecting anyone other than our best 11 may backfire on us, due to some players being rusty or not familiar with those around them.

We HAVE to win this, so playing the best 11 is the minimum requirement.

If we were comfortable of winning the Minor Premiership, we could have afforded some of those close to suspensions with a rest. (The players can thank themsleves for that dilemma)

But the 'Top of the League' title is there for the taking. We must go for it, otherwise if Sydney and Qld draw and we stuff up a better winning margin with a substandard peformance and scrape through with a 1-0 win or the like, we'd kick ourselves til next year for not putting on the stronger team.

And we need our best 11 to get gametime together for the upcoming finals. This Wellington match isn't a dead rubber  -and it can do more harm for us than good.

We need to play well, win convincingly, have good player discipline (no yellows), no injuries to the better players in our squad, and then hope Qld and Sydney fall over.

Deej

Andy said:
In this article here, it says Lawrie will go with the same team that played the Scum.

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna is likely to stick with the same side that went down to the Jets.

I find that hard to believe tbh.

There's 3 changes this week to the starting 11

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
DJ said:
Andy said:
In this article here, it says Lawrie will go with the same team that played the Scum.

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna is likely to stick with the same side that went down to the Jets.

I find that hard to believe tbh.

There's 3 changes this week to the starting 11

it matters not a jot!!!!!!....

lets send the buggers back across the ditch...DECIMATED....

C'MON YOU YELLOWS.....FIRE UP FARKIN !!!!

:thumbup: :vhappy: :thumbup: :vhappy: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

northernspirit

pommypete said:
I can't see both Sydney & QLD winning tomorrow so a win tonight will guarantee top 2,hopefully 1st.
thats how i feel too, i think syd is the more likely to slip up with melbourne playing so well lately... i think a win will give us 2nd and if we are lucky maybe even 1st, even so i dont really care about coming first now - i would be ecstatic with a top 2 finish

kevrenor

northernspirit said:
thats how i feel too, i think syd is the more likely to slip up with melbourne playing so well lately... i think a win will give us 2nd and if we are lucky maybe even 1st, even so i dont really care about coming first now - i would be ecstatic with a top 2 finish

I badly want that Asian CL spot, but if he have to do it by going to (and probably winning) the Grand Final then let's do it!

:pirashoot:  Fire up farken ...  :fireup:

northernspirit

kevrenor said:
northernspirit said:

I badly want that Asian CL spot, but if he have to do it by going to (and probably winning) the Grand Final then let's do it!

:pirashoot:  Fire up farken ...  :fireup:
i badly want it too dont get me wrong but id be very happy to be 2nd, we need alot of stars to align to end first but hey were not far from knowing now :D

now to everyone out there whos going to the bay tonight

[size=20pt]FIRE UP FARKEN AND SING YOUR HEART OUT FOR THE LADS![/size]
:fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

kevrenor

This is who we put on the park to beat them 3-0 in Round 2, which really boosted us on the way to top spot:

20. Danny Vukovic (gk), 13. Tony Vidmar, 16. Nigel Boogard, 7. John Hutchinson, 8. Dean Heffernan (10. Tom Pondeljak +76'), 17. Matthew Osman, 6. Andre Gumprecht, 23. Mile Jedinak (2. Matt Simon +84'), 19. Adam Kwasnik (12. Greg Owens +67'), 9. Nik Mrdja, 22. Saso Petrovski

Goal scorers, and they were 'some' goals! Nik Mrdja 7', 34', and Adam Kwasnik 13'
BOTN Player Points were: 3. Nik Mrdja (Mariners), 2. Adam Kwasnik (Mariners), 1. Matt Osman (Mariners)

mustapha_beer

:headbounce:

Just had a butchers at the A-League & Mariners websites, and couldn't see anything about pitch inspections or anything else that suggested the game being in doubt.

Anyone heard anything to the contrary? Last time I tried calling the Mariners on the weekend, there wasn't anyone around to answer.......

~Floss~

mustapha_beer said:
:headbounce:

Just had a butchers at the A-League & Mariners websites, and couldn't see anything about pitch inspections or anything else that suggested the game being in doubt.

Anyone heard anything to the contrary? Last time I tried calling the Mariners on the weekend, there wasn't anyone around to answer.......

It's barely rained today and the forecast is for "showers clearing" - so it shouldn't get any worse; certainly nowhere near the volume of water that caused the postponement in december.

Also they have improved the facilities to pump water off the pitch, even if we did get another torrential downpour like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred