• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

S

soccersensei

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAahahahahahaa!!!  :fireup:

Well, if I wasn't already, now I'm really gee'd up!  :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:
Watched the boys train for a bit today with my son.
11 v 11. And saw Matty Simon blaze a great goal into the net!!!
Much better than omens and departing relatives was watching them train so hungry  :vhappy:
And yeah yeah, I KNOW ITS ONLY TRAINING, but as they were all working their hearts out, goals were very hard to come by, and so it was no soft goal. So take heart one and all!
Cold, rainy, miserable and they looked truly fired!!! :headbounce: :fireup: :headbounce: :fireup:
If we lose, it sure as well won't be from lack of effort!

Greenpole, your going to have a really good laugh mate, it seemed to be a 3 -4 -3 at the time when Matty scored, and he was playing wide on the right and made a pacey break down the wing!!! ;D
Thought that would make you happy! That said with a reduced field and the extra pace the confinement adds I confess I found it hard to accurately gauge just exactly what else they were trying on, but they definitely switched into 4-4-2 again also. They should be back out there tomorrow at 11 unless I guess the rains get too heavy on the pitch in the interim...so I'm hoping to get another geeze then too.

Best Wishes all
GO YOU MIGHTY YELLOWWWWW!!!!!!  :eek:verhead:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
as relates to the PHUNEX...I spent a weekend in Willington one day,the weather in Willington is very similar to the crap we been copping the past two days and the native k-1-w-1's amongst them are genetically use to the weather we been having this past two days...so ya never know ..we may only score 4 goals instead of 6...FIRE UP BOYZ...C'MON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!!

Deej

Lawrie was on seafm today saying that Brown and Owens have picked up injuries and will miss this weekend, with that in mind I would go for:

-----------Danny
Wilko---Boogs---Vidmar---Ceccoli
Gumps--Mile----Tommy---Kwas
--------Aloisi---Simon

Bench - Trott, Clark, Hutch and Sash

Our defence was a lot better with Boogs in the middle, Lawrie won't put Wilko on the right thou I'm sure, depends if Boogs is available? With Hutch and Sash 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban I wouldn't risk them for 90 minutes.....but we need a win and Hutch really deserves to be there!

Deej

Weather's not looking good for tomorrow either which is a shame as it will keep the crowd away!

~Floss~

DJ said:
-----------Danny
Wilko---Boogs---Vidmar---Ceccoli
--------Aloisi---Simon

Our defence was a lot better with Boogs in the middle, Lawrie won't put Wilko on the right thou I'm sure, depends if Boogs is available? With Hutch and Sash 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban I wouldn't risk them for 90 minutes.....but we need a win and Hutch really deserves to be there!

I reckon you're pretty spot on with everything there DJ.

Wilko in the middle - based on recent experience - is a bit of a worrying prospect at the moment IMO, very hopeful of getting Boogs back in there if possible.

Also worrying is the likelihood of Sash or Hutch getting a yellow. With the refereeing shake-up it's potentially even more of a gamble than usual. However, you'd hope that the new guys will try to avoid drawing any unnecessary negative attention to themselves(??) - here's hoping anyway.

dibo

agree with DJ but i'd swap vidmar to his socceroos/rangers/boro/bluebirds position of right back and wilko into the middle. he might be an old bastard, but he's at least 

-----------Danny
Vidmar---Boogs---Wilko---Ceccoli
--------Aloisi---Simon

floss is right - the yellows situation is a worry too but that midfield looks ok and kwas was great in NZ last time we were there even though he was sick as a dog, plus i think gumper has been playing like a man with something to prove of late so let him go wild at them.

neverwozza

Kwassie also carved up down the left hand side in the 1st half round one. Only problem is O'dor retired one week too early.

brett

Very interesting that Wilko has lost the armband!!! Look at Lawrie's habit with Spencer, when he was captain he was almost immune to being dropped. I don't LM would have taken this decision lightly. Would he strip Wilko of the captaincy...seems unlikely...maybe he's been dropped? Could we see

Clark Viddie Boogs Checkers

Very strange.

As for midfield, I think you guys have got it right. Gumps and Tommy combine so well so it could work.

Alicia

Taylor said:
Is Owens playing or still injured?

I think I read he's out for the season.  But they said that after the Sydney game and he played again.  So who knows.  He seems to play through injury.

fedelta

Yeah, I read in the Full 90 that he has ongoing back problems and hamstring tendonitis. I really hope he plays.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
:popo: Anyone think this F'N rain is gonna nick off by tonite...or should I just go unpack the poncho now???  :headbutt:

brett

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21125

Good indication of the team. I can't believe we wouldn't move Boogs back into the middle. But looks like:

Danny

Clark Wilko Viddie Checkers
            Jedi
Gumps  Tommy    Kwas
      Aloisi    Matt S

Deej

jaypee said:
RECKY said:
:popo: Anyone think this F'N rain is gonna nick off by tonite...or should I just go unpack the poncho now???   :headbutt:

Unpack it......

Definitely get it ready - rain is predicted tomorrow too, been pissing down in Gosford today.

brett said:
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21125

Good indication of the team. I can't believe we wouldn't move Boogs back into the middle. But looks like:

Danny

Clark Wilko Viddie Checkers
             Jedi
Gumps   Tommy    Kwas
       Aloisi    Matt S

Would be happy with that tbh, Boogs is a) on 3 yellows and I want him fit for the finals, and b) has been struggling with injuries so Lawrie may want to opt for someone fitter?

skilbeck

bretts link says that Kwas has a broken nose, does that mean he will be wearing one of those cool facemasks?

Deej

skilbeck said:
bretts link says that Kwas has a broken nose, does that mean he will be wearing one of those cool facemasks?

lol no - his nose was bleeding for over 12 hours after he broke it

Corkster

Good to hear the Gosford weather is going to be playing its part this Saturday.
In return it seems you'll be the first team that Costa Barbarouses will be making a start against.
(and yes I know there's a couple of ba ba's in that surname)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred