• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

gull

Maybe it's the weather? Three home losses - three fine days!

Rain is forecast until Wednesday so here we go!!

dibo

i love the superstition of it all.

it's nothing to do with omens, be they crowds, weather or the presence of someone's brother in law.

the boys can beat anybody if they get the gameplan right on the day and avoid silly mistakes. most of this season we've played sensible calm (possibly even less than exciting) football, and it's worked. the last few weeks it's like the brains have gone on holidays and the form went with them.

the boys are going to win on the weekend, and then we're three games from a championship. we don't need anything special, just need the boys to do what they and we all know they can.

Deej

Only the players are to blame for the last 3 home games - nothing else!

If you wanna blame anyone blame Danny, 2-0 up against Bling, comes out of his box for no reason and doesn't judge the pace of the ball correctly! We'd be 3 clear and a better goal difference if it wasn't for that incident! Fish and I always said that 1 day he'll get a rush of blood to the brain and cost us a game, lesson learnt for him anyway!

I'll wait for people to say that's rubbish and abuse me now ;)

Either way that's in the past..........let start winning again!  :pirashoot:

rosko

If you are going to have a keeper such as Vuko.. You have to accept that errors will happen.. It does keep you on the edge of the seat though and make for an exciting match...

jaypee

Hey it was Brother in law that said it too me......

I agree the guys need to be up for it and yes it really has nothing to do with anyone or the crowds or the star alignment etc etc.... But its a good GEE UP...

fish

yeah I to blame DJ.
Dibo, I think the thought was simply he plays with that much intensity and excitement he always plays the game on the edge thats all and its a fine line between fear and failure.

ballantyne

I think it's odd that so many people on this thread are calling for all out attack. Sure, we need a hatful to have a chance of finishing top, but is that really the solution to conceding 12 goals in 3 home games?
The team I've been watching attacks too far up the park and defends on the goal line, and that is not championship tactics. Our midfield of Jedinak, Pondeljak, Hutchinson etc are too attack-minded. We're in the finals now, and this game is a preparation for two or more games where clean sheets are crucial.
I think Mariners have proved they can attack, but they have not proved they can control a game against quality opposition.
If Phoenix turn out to be rubbish on Saturday we'll get some goals anyway. If, as I suspect, they don't, we could be in trouble if we play all out attack.
I think one reason Petrovski fails to shine is that he's swallowed by a crowd of furiously attacking midfielders. It's not his fault we're easybeats. For next season I believe we need to play more ugly, more Italian. We've gone from heroic to heroic failure. Let's not take the next step.
Jonathan

Deej

I blame Adz - ever since we started using this new forum we started playing poor!

Alicia

A friend of mine who's an aussie living in London was here for 7 weeks.  His first game was the dreaded washout game.  Ever since then we haven't been doing very well.

He flew out at 5pm last Saturday, so I thought, since kick off was at 7pm, we'd be fine.  I reckon he was still in Australian air space, therefore we lost.

He's back safely in London now, so that risk has been eliminated.

adz

Staff member
DJ said:
I blame Adz - ever since we started using this new forum we started playing poor!

shit, never thought of that! everyone back to the proboards forum! ;D

Andy

No Peter Green either.

I find it rather stupid from the FFA TBH. The biggest ever round in the A-League's history, and they rest the three top referee's.

~Floss~

Andy said:
No Peter Green either.

I find it rather stupid from the FFA TBH. The biggest ever round in the A-League's history, and they rest the three top referee's.

3 "top" referees

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred