• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v $ydney FC

Sonic_beats_Mario

Is what i am reading correct is Mile really an Indefinate injury? Thats a big loss if so!

Given we have so many long term injuries is it possible to have some guest players? Sort of like in the AFL if you have a long term injury you can bring someone in from the rookie or top up list

Jaza_SFC

Sonic_beats_Mario said:
Is what i am reading correct is Mile really an Indefinate injury? Thats a big loss if so!

Given we have so many long term injuries is it possible to have some guest players? Sort of like in the AFL if you have a long term injury you can bring someone in from the rookie or top up list

Any player who is out for 4wks or more can be replace by a YOuth Team Player (at least that's my understanding of it)

Arabmariner

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
I'm guessing that Redman James is just another victim of the 'sms' generation. 
Would that be the same as the 'please don't get eye contact with me while we're talking or I'll look at my feet and mumble' generation.........most of whom work at KFC! ;)

mariners4ever

just found an interesting article on the foxsports website:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24224392-23215,00.html

further down the article it states that simon will come in for ossie and boogs will come in for Da'apuzzo and that macca will have to wait till next week

marinermick

mariners4ever said:
just found an interesting article on the foxsports website:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24224392-23215,00.html

further down the article it states that simon will come in for ossie and boogs will come in for Da'apuzzo and that macca will have to wait till next week

that is exactly how it will happen come tomorrow

midfield and forward formation will pick itself but it will be interesting how lawrie lines the defence

wilko will defintely play in the middle, but where and on which side will boogs, clarky and bojic play?

FFC Mariner

Singo gets into it (from Foxsports)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24222136-5000940,00.html?from=public_rss

ingo stokes bitter rivalry

By Christian Nicolussi
    August 22, 2008

MEDIA mogul John Singleton likens the A-League grudge between Sydney FC and Central Coast to that of bitter league rivals Manly and Western Suburbs in the 1970s.

"Central Coast work on a minimum budget, yet whenever they get a good player Sydney try to knock them off," said Singleton, on the eve of the first showdown between Sydney and the Mariners on Saturday night at Bluetongue Stadium.

"Sydney poached John Aloisi from us. They tried poaching our coach (Lawrie McKinna). The Central Coast has just signed goalkeeper Mark Bosnich for seven weeks, but don't be surprised if Sydney turn around and throw $1 million at him."

Singleton loves the fact that the Mariners have exploded to life on the picturesque coastal strip just north of Sydney. He loves the banter with Sydney FC. He thinks it's good for the game.

The two sides are both coming off season-opening round draws.

Singleton hopes the Mariners will prevail on Saturday night.

They have beaten Sydney just once in four games at Gosford.

Singleton pumped $1 million into the Mariners when they first started out, as did his good mate Frank Lowy.

Central Coast were the eighth and final team to be admitted to the new A-League.

"And now they have one of the best followings in the country. Walk down the street and you'll see Mariners flags everywhere," Singleton said.

McKinna recalls people asking him where the Central Coast was when he said he was moving to the region in 2005.

"We had 20 players wearing the same shirts and shorts for a training session in March of 2005 at Mingara and people were asking, 'who are they?"' McKinna said.

"Now we get thousands of people turning out for our fan days. I went back home to Scotland a few months ago to watch Kilmarnock and I had people coming up to me and asking me about the Mariners."

For all the hype off the pitch, McKinna is also heavily devoted to churning out the results on the ground.

He knows Sydney will be tough. They have a roster every coach in the A-League would die for.

Zippy striker Alex Brosque and returning Olyroo Mark Bridge were just two of the players he named as big threats.

Brosque, who steps out for his first game of the season after missing the opener against Melbourne through suspension, rates Bluetongue Stadium one of the toughest venues to secure three competition points.

He recalled a funny sign referring to his former teammate Ufuk Talay.

Brosque also enjoyed the pre-season hit-out between the two sides which attracted more than 7000 people.

"Every time we play the Mariners it's always tough and physical but always produces some goals," said Brosque, who was part of the come-from-behind 5-4 victory last year.

"Bluetongue is a great pitch for football and the crowd is really vocal which lifts the local side.

"I thought we put in a good effort last weekend against Melbourne when we were under-manned and under-strength.

"We've got a few players returning this week, including myself, Mark Bridge, Stuart Musialik and Dez Giraldi.

"We've still got a few more players to come back, but after last weekend's results, Kossie (coach John Kosmina) said there is nobody we should fear, including the Central Coast."

Singo would disagree

Arabmariner

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
Bring the kids in the family area and take turns to keep an eye on them. Don't miss the lucky door at 4.30 - 5.00!
Might do that.

Was thinking though will the Kendall be open to watch the Q'land game next week...I believe you can take kids in then?

You going to Q'land Greenpole?

If not fancy a couple of ales watching football on a Sunday afternoon.......

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:
Budget doesnt stretch to Qld away trips (sadly).

Sunday sounds like a plan
Nor mine.Mind you we are discussing the possibility of a boys weekend away to Melbourne for the game against the Tards on the 16th Jan.......could be messy!!

Next Sunday then......I'll have my 9 yr old with me....part of the deal for being allowed out to play...take one of the kids with you lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred