• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

bikinigirl

Quite possible but why would the club fight so hard to keep his contract? He clearly was Arnie’s toy in Japan and as with Arnie failed miserably. There was never ever going to be a transfer fee for him and you can’t sell him to other A League clubs.
He left for Japan because he and Arnie wanted it. It may have suited the club as we are in the business of selling players. The free loan pissed me off as well so club aren’t blameless.

McGlinchey had to pay out his own contract so he clearly wanted out.

. I think the Club fought to keep the contract (or supposedly change the contract under a different ownership) because Arnie referred to Mikey as the best in the league ... and the Club still wanted to cash in ... at some point

. anyway one thing I don't understand and I think has complicated things is that we were unwilling to take Mikey back into the squad after the Japan failure - not his fault or the Club's but where did it leave him ... uncertain I s'pose - so he took an opportunity available to him

Manny_ccm

anyway one thing I don't understand and I think has complicated things is that we were unwilling to take Mikey back into the squad after the Japan failure - not his fault or the Club's but where did it leave him ... uncertain I s'pose - so he took an opportunity available to him
From memory we had got Ibini back on loan from China when WeeMac went out on loan in Japan and the club was not unwilling, it was unable to take him back until Ibini's loan ended - we had a full squad when he bailed early from his Japanese loan after Arnie got axed and we had no immediate room for him.
If we are going to apportion blame, it should be to Arnie who ditched us and took one of our better players and then left both parties in disarray when things went south for him

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/loans-mcglinchey-sendai-ibini-back-ccm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-23/mcglinchey-leaves-mariners-to-link-with-arnold/5173308

Reactions: adz

Forum Phoenix

442 has maybe 5 decent posters and the rest fall over themselves posting chic memes or just negative drivel.

Having said that, barely a day goes by that I don't have a lurk there.
I gave up on the forums. Too painful for me. Just occasionally check to see what the unwashed masses and self acclaimed geniuses think on something. Then regret it. And promptly go away for a long while again.

Forum Phoenix

From memory we had got Ibini back on loan from China when WeeMac went out on loan in Japan and the club was not unwilling, it was unable to take him back until Ibini's loan ended - we had a full squad when he bailed early from his Japanese loan after Arnie got axed and we had no immediate room for him.
If we are going to apportion blame, it should be to Arnie who ditched us and took one of our better players and then left both parties in disarray when things went south for him

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-23/mcglinchey-leaves-mariners-to-link-with-arnold/5173308
Put me all in for blaming Arnie thanks

JoyfulPenguin

I gave up on the forums. Too painful for me. Just occasionally check to see what the unwashed masses and self acclaimed geniuses think on something. Then regret it. And promptly go away for a long while again.
Definitely, used to be on there everyday and getting all my soccer news from FourFourTwo, but that forum takes the joy out of everything. It's a horribly toxic and incredibly mean place that attacks anyone for having even a slightly differing opinion.

Forum Phoenix

I got the email.
Have you called Mr Charlesworth "Pikey" or something?
That could have got you excommunicated.
If calling MC names got fans excommunicated... not many would be left.

I like your line of thinking though. How about
If anyone Blasphemes Tommy... then the club burns you at the stake as the half time show.

Offsider

If calling MC names got fans excommunicated... not many would be left.

I like your line of thinking though. How about
If anyone Blasphemes Tommy... then the club burns you at the stake as the half time show.

Not very keeping with the mariners theme ???? and would be subject to fire bans in summer eh !! >............... Maybe somebody could thinkup a punishment involving a plank and the top deck mezzanine /?? :popcorn:

Forum Phoenix

Born 1975, signed with us 2010, so that's 34/35.
Thanks Magpie, i thought I remembered 34. Arguably Hal’s best ever CB performance given his goal scoring and leadership.

Good shape. Very experienced. Great mentality. Which is exactly what they purport of Cisse. Fingers crossed.

Just saw him and weemac having lunch together at Terrigal. Both look lean. And Cisse looks mean. :headbounce:

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Not very keeping with the mariners theme ???? and would be subject to fire bans in summer eh !! >............... Maybe somebody could thinkup a punishment involving a plank and the top deck mezzanine /?? :popcorn:

Yes I was rolling with the catholic angle.

Keelhauling for me if nautical theme required. :pirashoot:

Or maybe we could keel haul them first, THEN burn them alive!

Ok back on topic:
Given PJ’s spending guesstimate, Interested to hear how and where peopl think it should be spent?

bikinigirl

. oh absolutely blame Arnie ... but also remember his was one of those big salaries that MC was happy to be rid of - a slew of 'budget' coach signings followed and we know how that has worked out

midfielder

I getting excited about these new half time actives.

Keelhauling
Walking the plank off the top deck mezzanine
The club burns you at the stake
Burn them alive

I assume at some stage would need permission, but if they insult Tommy then I am sure it would be granted, saying slagging off Hutch.

We would need a Judge I nominate Bikini Girl for the role of Judge,
FP to write the rules of what punishment is required for what crime
Wombat to be the prosecutor
Pat J to be the head of the jury and call on forum members to determine if a crime [OK a tad over the top but writers licence]
SydneyMariner to carry out the verdicts.

Middies role to inform the press so people will come if not for the game but to see the half time punishments.

scottmac

Suspended
If your completely dedicated to the club and don't want to miss anything get Facebook. Those without it missed a pure gold exchange between the club and a naysayer yesterday. The naysayer was then destroyed by a lot of long term members of this forum and the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred