• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Forum Phoenix

No way Mulvey, Monty and Shaun aren’t working their butts off. Rushing now would be a mistake even if it means going out of the cup first round again. We need players with the right attitude and ability on a budget. That has to be a big challenge.

Offsider

No Mate, I`m one of those rare people that actually appreciate what MC has done in keeping us afloat....

So ........ If mc is responsible for keeping us afloat ????

Who is responsible for allowing us to sink ???. Are my recriminations ( there's a big word ......... Being wasted on the wrong person ????

Just seeking clarification not having a shot across your bow :doh:

Offsider

We do have a fieldable 11. Hopefully we will have a better one soonish, however most likely:

KENNEDY

McGing — Cisse — Rowles — Clisby

Hiariej — Melling

Hoole — weemac — Pain

Simon

I do not share your optimism.
Cisse and Hiariej might hold their own in other a-league starting squads although Cisse is an unknown quantity at the moment. Kennedy is no worse than most other keepers and I hold out a lot of hope for McGing this season ............. I see the rest as having been discarded and unwanted by other teams even as bench warmers. Rowles, Melling and Pain have the opportunity of rising to the level required but I see another spoon coming up with that squad.
I'm not really a '' naysayer" I just prefer to measure things in real terms and believe that the club is not competing in the spirit of the league to be competitive.
I can understand that this post will attract a lot of disagreement red crosses but I would really like somebody to change my mindset. :-|:-|

Gratis

So ........ If mc is responsible for keeping us afloat ????

Who is responsible for allowing us to sink ???. Are my recriminations ( there's a big word ......... Being wasted on the wrong person ????

Just seeking clarification not having a shot across your bow :doh:
MC's decisions have totally wooden spooned us multiple times. It hurts and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
But it is also true that we only have a club because of him. I'd rather a club in the long term that had a dark ages period than no club at all.
But that's just me.

localpom

I do not share your optimism.
Cisse and Hiariej might hold their own in other a-league starting squads although Cisse is an unknown quantity at the moment. Kennedy is no worse than most other keepers and I hold out a lot of hope for McGing this season ............. I see the rest as having been discarded and unwanted by other teams even as bench warmers. Rowles, Melling and Pain have the opportunity of rising to the level required but I see another spoon coming up with that squad.
I'm not really a '' naysayer" I just prefer to measure things in real terms and believe that the club is not competing in the spirit of the league to be competitive.
I can understand that this post will attract a lot of disagreement red crosses but I would really like somebody to change my mindset. :-|:-|
Think we are underestimating the likes of Gameiro, Shabow,Aspro and Berry.Good young players. Yes, we still need 3 or 4 quality players but i'm sure that will happen, we just haven't spent anywhere near enough. Think we are probably on par with our starting side last season even with several signings left.

adz

Staff member
Wondering how the other clubs operate. Do they have owners throwing in millions of dollars every year out of their own pocket?
Or are they somehow generating more money and doing things CCM isn't?

Offsider

MC's decisions have totally wooden spooned us multiple times. It hurts and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
But it is also true that we only have a club because of him. I'd rather a club in the long term that had a dark ages period than no club at all.
But that's just me.

If that is what is transpiring ?? ......... Then I suppose that can be lived with .......... But once the golden goose's eggs have been sold and relegation is imminent what is the future from there. Will the main source of income not then fall to the centre of excellence that I expect the owners commitment to finish is fully committed. The problem for me is that he is making good business sense for himself, which he is entitled to do, but I am not convinced that having an a-league club has any allure for him whereas the international quality centre is offering quality preseason facilities high profile overseas teams is.
"Jobs and growth'' rings in my ears as does ''culture and attitude ''............. One is to distract and sell a good deal for top end of town while the other is to appease a disappointed fan base.

Insertnamehere

If that is what is transpiring ?? ......... Then I suppose that can be lived with .......... But once the golden goose's eggs have been sold and relegation is imminent what is the future from there. Will the main source of income not then fall to the centre of excellence that I expect the owners commitment to finish is fully committed. The problem for me is that he is making good business sense for himself, which he is entitled to do, but I am not convinced that having an a-league club has any allure for him whereas the international quality centre is offering quality preseason facilities high profile overseas teams is.
"Jobs and growth'' rings in my ears as does ''culture and attitude ''............. One is to distract and sell a good deal for top end of town while the other is to appease a disappointed fan base.
I like your cynicism.

Offsider

Wondering how the other clubs operate. Do they have owners throwing in millions of dollars every year out of their own pocket?
Or are they somehow generating more money and doing things CCM isn't?

Once again the concept of millions of dollars out of the owner's own pocket is floated. Millionaires don't accumulate their funds by spending their own cash. To put it simply .......... They can pay tax on their profits or their accountants can write off the profit on business expenses like advertising etc or donations to political parties and charities.
Other owners are in it to wallow in the success and popularity of being an owner and are competitive in their nature.>............. Whereas mc looks to me like he is using his football connections and experience to complete a business opportunity in the industry rather than compete in the sport.
Yes it is his prerogative to spend his money the way he wants but it appears to be at the ccm fans expense.
To me I struggle with the combined team and centre which since they were combined under the one ownership has been the start to the teams demise????.

I think I have said too much :doh::(:(.

Offsider

I like your cynicism.

Yeah ..... nah ??? >........... but is it cynicism ???
I remember and refer to things that have happened and said in the past. I like to keep a time line on certain topics that interest me. Where other people / fans can move on .......... I get stuck tripping over lies and bullshit from the past.:(:(>.

Gratis

My concern also... if we're not genuinely competitive again soon then when relegation comes in our days are genuinely numbered. It'd be a slippery, heavily oiled, cashless slope to doom
Tick tock tick tock

Offsider

My concern also... if we're not genuinely competitive again soon then when relegation comes in our days are genuinely numbered. It'd be a slippery, heavily oiled, cashless slope to doom
Tick tock tick tock

I thought that the application for the women's inclusion in the spare spot would have been good for both us as a club and for the ffa ........... But the rejection I hope is not a reflection on the position that ffa holds mc.

Big Al

Tick tock tick tock
Mike wants relegation so he no longer needs to spend the salary floor

Insertnamehere

Yeah ..... nah ??? >........... but is it cynicism ???
I remember and refer to things that have happened and said in the past. I like to keep a time line on certain topics that interest me. Where other people / fans can move on .......... I get stuck tripping over lies and bullshit from the past.:(:(>.
It's certainly not deluded positivity like many in here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred