• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Big Al

Wales is not in the 23. I thought he was. I thought they kept 1 spot open and were using Wales to cover it. Then when Wales played assumed he was part of the squad.

On the club website he is not in the squad.

It’s 21 (no ashcroft) + the two new signings gets us 23. With no Wales

Ozhammer

Wales is not in the 23. I thought he was. I thought they kept 1 spot open and were using Wales to cover it. Then when Wales played assumed he was part of the squad.

You beat me to it Big Al! :headbounce: We were free to sign Melling with space we had in the squad, so Skapetis makes 22 with a visa spot still remaining.

I would sincerely doubt the visa spot will be utilised this window unless it is for a player already in Australia, as it takes 3-4 weeks to organise a visa and there are potentially only 10 or so weeks of the season remaining (finals notwithstanding).

Surely it is time for Okon to reward Wales at the end of the season, as he has had to wait a long time on paltry money and his work ethic is apparently second to none outside the main squad.

Last edited:

Coastalraider

Interesting that the rumour has Skapetis replacing Bingham.

Maybe if Astroboy does leave we may have some decent coin to use for another front third player???

Ozhammer

Can’t say I am honestly going to lament his departure but I do wonder what that means going forward about a replacement?

Forum Phoenix

Well there you go. Big January shake up happening with our strikers... coincidence? Not having a bar of it. Great work by the club. We still have a chance to make the six and we’ve managed to sign one new striker and maybe we can pull in a visa striker.

Club surely didn’t start thinking about this just after the last game. And these machinations may have been in the works for a bit also as the issue upfront have been bad for a while.

So theres a decent chance the club might already have a few targets and it’s no skin off my nose if there was only six or seven games left by the time a visa cleared. Thats 20-25% of the season and it’s still 18-21 points to play for which can change the season for us still.

Central Coast Machiavellians - has a nice ring :headbounce:

Capt. Awesome

Sorry disappoint you all but Peter Skapetis is the new striker. There isn’t going to be a shiny new 15 goal a season player coming our way. This is the Mariners not a normal club.

Forum Phoenix

he did cop a lot of shit last week from bay16 with some people saying that hes worse than suttonn

I’m not much for sledging your own players when there’s 11 opposing ones and a perfectly good referee or two nearby. But the way he played, not very surprised he copped some stick.

Can’t help but imagining him standing before the bay shaking his little fist and screaming: I curse you Pete Prior! I curse you all!!! I am not worse than your lousy John Sutton!!

Gratis

Like Sutton, in the right environment he can and has done well. This isn't it and it wasn't working. Best for all if we move on and ideally replace him with someone who does click. I'm really hoping there is an attacker lined up and there's an imminent signing.

We'd have been fine if we could have kept Royo. I'm annoyed he went but I can't begrudge him his decision (once in your 30s money has to be a factor), and from all accounts from people who knew him on the coast he's a top bloke.

Forum Phoenix

Sorry disappoint you all but Peter Skapetis is the new striker. There isn’t going to be a shiny new 15 goal a season player coming our way. This is the Mariners not a normal club.

I don’t think we’re done playing in the sand box just yet Captain A. Okons career is kind of on the line here and he knows he’s close to winning enough games to make the six. He now has one more card he can try to put in play, and it’s a decent one: a Foreign Visa spot with Adsrubals wage in the January transfer window...

In no universe can I not see him trying to play it.

Good times as far as I’m concerned.

JoyfulPenguin

I don’t think we’re done playing in the sand box just yet Captain A. Okons career is kind of on the line here and he knows he’s close to winning enough games to make the six. He now has one more card he can try to put in play, and it’s a decent one: a Foreign Visa spot with Adsrubals wage in the January transfer window...

In no universe can I not see him trying to play it.

Good times as far as I’m concerned.
We don't have squad space unless Bingham actually does go to Malaysia or one of Pearce, Berry, Buhagiar or Rowles is on a scholarship which means we would be spending outside the cap which is unlikely.

JoyfulPenguin

Wales can play A-League on his youth league contract:
Players on a Club’s Foxtel Y-League Player Roster, including Scholarship Players, are also eligible to participate in the Hyundai A-League.
Masterfood Quality Sauce:
https://www.a-league.com.au/salary-cap-system

Gratis

We don't have squad space unless Bingham actually does go to Malaysia or one of Pearce, Berry, Buhagiar or Rowles is on a scholarship which means we would be spending outside the cap which is unlikely.
What have I missed? We had one spot left before January, and since then 2 out and 2 in

Timmah

Well there you go. Big January shake up happening with our strikers... coincidence? Not having a bar of it. Great work by the club. We still have a chance to make the six and we’ve managed to sign one new striker and maybe we can pull in a visa striker.

Club surely didn’t start thinking about this just after the last game. And these machinations may have been in the works for a bit also as the issue upfront have been bad for a while.

So theres a decent chance the club might already have a few targets and it’s no skin off my nose if there was only six or seven games left by the time a visa cleared. Thats 20-25% of the season and it’s still 18-21 points to play for which can change the season for us still.

Central Coast Machiavellians - has a nice ring :headbounce:
When I suggested post-Melling signature that we weren't done in the marketplace and there was still plenty of time to go and for things to happen I was shouted down (from memory on the basis Paolo was telling the media we had no money)...

Since then we've released two (nearly three), signed another promising young player.

Given we still have a *little bit* of room to move I wouldn't be surprised if we landed one more coup. We picked up Garcia two years ago, did we not?

Reactions: adz

Big Al

Last year in Jan Paulo was trying to get Tom but couldn’t pull it off. He was saying he wanted someone for more than just 6 months.

The quality of Tom may have played a factor.

As FP says maybe Paulo lays it on the line. I hope so but Strikers are hard to come buy and we have little money for a decent one. Asdrubal looked cheap.

10 games left and the usual adjustments to Australia plus possible fitness issues with the heat.

I’m not convinced we get a new one but hope so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred