• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

JoyfulPenguin

With him off the books does that *gasp* free up any dolla?
If it's a mutual release, which it appears it is because he found a new club, then we have his wage to spend. Sadly I doubt Harry was on more than $100,000 but combine that with money from insurance for Connor's injury and maybe we have a decent enough sum to get someone in on loan?

Timmah

Official! https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-sign-peter-skapetis

Attacker too :vhappy:

The Central Coast Mariners have today signed 23-year-old attacker, Peter Skapetis from Brisbane Roar until at least the end of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season.

Skapetis arrives on the Central Coast from Brisbane Roar where he signed in August 2017.

The former Youth International returned to Australia after plying his trade in England for six years and has already made 14 Hyundai A-League appearances for the Roar this season.

Skapetis made an immediate impact at Brisbane, finding the back of the net in his competitive debut that saw the Roar overcome Peninsula Power 4-2 in the FFA Cup. Skapetis’ impressive form continued when he scored from distance against Melbourne Victory, also in the FFA Cup.

Melbourne-born Skapetis ventured to England as a 16-year-old and ultimately signed with English Premier League Outfit Stoke City after a stint in West London with Queens Park Rangers.

webembed1_0.jpg

Skapetis has represented Australia at under 20 and under 23s level where he bagged 11 goals in eight appearances.

Skapetis is available for selection for the Mariners’ Hyundai A-League round 17 clash with Sydney FC this Saturday and can’t wait to get started with his new club.

“I’m really excited to start training with my new team and hit the ground running,” Skapetis said. “Everything happened very quickly and I’m really happy to be here and looking forward to meeting all the boys.

“The type of football Paul Okon has the Mariners playing was a big factor for me - I’ve always respected him. I know a few of the players personally who are all great guys and great players so it just seemed like the perfect fit, so when the opportunity presented itself I wanted to take it.

“I want to put the ball in the back of the net, play finals football and offer everything I can to get the team higher up the ladder.

“I’m really grateful for this opportunity, I’m ready to go if called upon this Saturday. It’s a tough opposition, the best in the league currently but if you can’t get excited about a game like that then you don’t love the sport. I’m looking forward to it,” Skapetis said.

webembed2_0_0.jpg

Mariners Head Coach Paul Okon welcomed Skapetis to the Mariners.

“Peter is fit and ready to go,” Okon said. “He will add to our depth in the front third as he can play anywhere in attack.

“With plenty of football still to be played we're confident that Peter can contribute to helping us win football games,” Okon said.

Ozhammer

Well that happened quickly!

I am hoping that Okon will play him as striker but he also looks like a more composed option at RW than Appiah.

Reactions: adz

Big Al

With him off the books does that *gasp* free up any dolla?
Was going to say his spot and probably money went to Melling then bang new striker who was killing it in preseason but actual season not so much. Hoole anyone

But where is the squad spot?

JoyfulPenguin

Brisbane have been creating next to nothing and Skapetis with our midfield behind him will hopefully help him fulfill his undoubted potential. I would say Paolo would have only signed him to lead the line, he likes Hoole too much to take away his right wing spot.

Coastalraider

Paulo's presser was not very positive about Astro-boy, it wouldn't surprise me to see Astro play very little part once we have all our players back on deck.

Glad we could add some spice up front, at the very least it crates competition for spots which is good.

Big Al

Brisbane have been creating next to nothing and Skapetis with our midfield behind him will hopefully help him fulfill his undoubted potential. I would say Paolo would have only signed him to lead the line, he likes Hoole too much to take away his right wing spot.
Probably for Pain with his injury then we will see

Spacks

Should start using that Everton link up to get some hot prospects to come here and get some play time.

pinklady

Paulo's presser was not very positive about Astro-boy, it wouldn't surprise me to see Astro play very little part once we have all our players back on deck.

Glad we could add some spice up front, at the very least it crates competition for spots which is good.
Asdrubal will be gone by next week - going back to Spain apparently

Wombat

We could have had Ross Barkley for 15 mill GBP. He would have been the best player in the A League by a mile and won back his England spot. We would have sold him for a huge profit to China or back to the UK after he helped us win the League.
You missed that opportunity Mike:(

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred