• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Coastalraider

Wasnt the talk at the start of the year that we were saving a roster spot (maybe international, maybe marquee) until January when we would have a better idea of what was required?? Paulo stated early it may be a central midfielder. Now we have signed Melling, all we need is for Rosey (Snr or Jnr) Bingham, Ashcroft to free up a non marquee spot, but the money should already have been at least earmarked for upgrade at this point in time.

style_cafe

Just a few strikers we could have a look at (that could be on the cheap list):-
Brent McGrath (27)- currently playing in Denmark 1st Div on loan
Anthony Carter (24)- currently playing 3rd division in Portugal

Gratis

We have a solid spine up to AM: keeper, CBs, DMs and AM all good. Little depth in cover but we do have some.

Paolo needs to shake the tree again at season's end. If the money isn't there or the rebuild doesn't cut it were in trouble

Gratis

When is Okon's contact up? I have in my head it was two years meaning end of this season...?

Winning 3 games/season means he shouldn't get poached from us too quickly

JoyfulPenguin

Just a few strikers we could have a look at (that could be on the cheap list):-
Brent McGrath (27)- currently playing in Denmark 1st Div on loan
Anthony Carter (24)- currently playing 3rd division in Portugal
Anthony Carter has been signed by Benefica and Brent McGrath has trialled at nearly every A-League club and got knocked back, but maybe if actually given the backing of a coach he would be good.
Kwame Yeboah has barely got any game time in Germany though I fear we would get out bid if he was coming back to the A-League.
Milislav Popovic is also in Germany but getting barely any game time in the third division.
Bulut of course though I wouldn't want him.
Jack Iredale was extremely highly rated by Sydney FC went over to play in the Netherlands but is now playing in the Scottish second divison.
Scott McDonald is playing in the Scottish second division.
Kenny Athiu is looking like he won't be getting a contract next year at Victory.
Milos Lujic though we would have to pay him above $100,000 to get him here.
Tomohiro Kajiyma won the golden boot in NSW NPL but would take up a visa spot.
Joey Gibbs performed well against A-League opposition in the FFA Cup.
Travis Major is playing in Hong Kong professionally so would at least be fit.
Harrison Sawyer is playing in the Philippines but was rather useless for the Jets.
George Blackwood's contract finishes with Adelaide United at the end of the season so does Apostolos Stamatelopoulos'
Nick D'Agostino, Corey Gamerio and Petros Skapetis' contracts all finish at the end of the season at Brisbane Roar
Braedyn Crowley banged them in for Northcote in the NPLV and is still young, his contract ends at the end of the season with Melbourne City
Chris Harold's contract finishes at the end of the season at Glory as does Adam Taggart's.
Matt Simon's and Charles Lokolingoy's contracts end at the end of the season, both are rumoured to be on minimum.

nebakke

I wouldn't mind Taggart and I'd take Simon back on minimum wage.

Contrary to even just a couple of weeks ago, I'm starting to wonder whether someone like Matty might not be beneficial... Both for the spirit he brings and for the size and mongrel factor he bring... There would be plenty of players around him, who can dance through defences and be generally technically astute... If he can still hit the target, it might be worthwhile having someone who doesn't mind pushing his way through a defence in a brute-force kind of way, every now and again. Someone who can also stand up for the smaller boys around him when they get shoved around. City weren't too bad like that, but I found myself pining for someone like Akinfenwa yesterday ;)

JoyfulPenguin

Adam Taggart also has a connection to Paolo through the Young Socceroos.
Sadly the rest of Paolo's strikers from his Olyroos teams are either currently contracted in the A-League or overseas
Chris Ikonomidis (Currently looking for a loan off contract 2020)
Peter Skapetis (off contract end of 17/18)
Nick D'Agostino (off contract end of 17/18)
Corey Gamerio (off contract end of 17/18)
George Blackwood (off contract end of 17/18)
Nick Fitzgerald (off contract end of 17/18)
Adam Taggart (off contract end of 17/18)
Brandon Borello (off contract 2020)
Jamie Maclaren (off contract 2020)

Playing NPL football:
Marc Marino
Dejan Panduerovic
Josh MacDonald
Chris Cristaldo
Rafa Jiminez
Nick Olsen
Travis Cooper

Unknown:
Anthony Prioa
Luke O'Dea
Alusine Fofanah
Steve Kuzmanovski

MagpieMariner

I would love to see Matt back for his size & mongrel but he's not a lone striker. He was good when he had another striker with him (as I've said before such as Macca and Sasho) but he was nowhere as effective on his own.

scottmac

Suspended
Simon wound have loved playing in this team. A strong hard to mark player who always gets in front of his defender. Can hold the ball up well and works hard off the ball especially in defence. I think things would be different for him and us if he'd have stayed.
Mind you all this is said in hindsight cause I was glad to see him go after he tried to extort the club on his new contract.

Gratis

after he tried to extort the club on his new contract.
Allegedly.

Totally agree with you though on
Simon wound have loved playing in this team. A strong hard to mark player who always gets in front of his defender. Can hold the ball up well and works hard off the ball especially in defence. I think things would be different for him and us if he'd have stayed.

true believer

Taggart yes . We need size up front as well but not a lump of wood .After seeing the first u23 oz game
Blackwood will attract top money in australia . I would expect he's europe bound

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred