• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Timmah

I don't think this says anything about Liam. I think Paolo is worried that while DDS is gone if we lose a cb or midfielder to injury or suspension then we are f**ked. Ashcroft off to Malta to trial and Melling in. Now that I know about Ashcroft this seems a straight swap.

Still doesn't add anything to the squad in the problem area of finishing chances.
I agree with this but at the same time we're literally at the start of the transfer window, it's not like this is our only activity the whole month (hopefully...)

priorpeter

The unforgotton DM 304 is Wales.

Another sign our kids aren’t cutting it under Paulo.

We don’t need Maila. We need a foreign LW of total quality. Doubtful this season but hopefully next.

Sorry al, he's definitely not a DM. Out and out winger.

shipwreck

So Djite signs for a shit Indonesian club and we sign a mediocre DM whilst not scoring in over a month.

Your squad is not working Paul, fix it.

Forum Phoenix

We didn’t have much before to be fair. It wasn’t that he was awesome it was the rest sucked.

However our problem was loosing guys around that 50 game mark after we got them there. If i were Liam I’d leave as the dutch duo aren’t going anywhere and coach just played DDS in there when it’s your turn.

Melling is obviously on a 6 month trial

When next to Monty he also really played more like a CAM than a DM imo.

Forum Phoenix

I have always believed that Liam has the potential to play as a No.10 and now that Danny is away, perhaps it is time for Okon to see if he can fill what is arguably our biggest need. I know others on here will shoot this post down but he has the control, touch, vision and ability to create a bit of time and space for himself to arguably be more useful further forward.

I am also happy with Melling being signed as he has previously shown he has a good engine and can compete physically. I will admit to being a fan of him since his Adelaide days and think he could develop into a very good player, given a decent run of games. He has had a tendency to pick up silly cards in the past, so if he can rein that side of his game in, he could be a real asset.

I would still like to see Okon sign Mitch Malia, to give Pain some proper competition at LM. I get that he might be considered as NPL by some but the kid is hungry and managed to find the net in his brief stint at PGFC.

Not sure the club will look to sign another striker but it is arguably the biggest thing missing at the moment and unless Asdrubal or Powell can really step up, this will likely be another frustrating season.
I was actually just posting how I felt he never really played like a DM for us and more like a 10. But that said. He’s still not in the running for a spot at ten imo either.

VicMariner

So Djite signs for a shit Indonesian club and we sign a mediocre DM whilst not scoring in over a month.

Your squad is not working Paul, fix it.
I like Djite but he is hot and cold as a striker. We need better imo to be competitive.

Other teams have signed unknown foreign players who turned out to be gems. Why can't we recruit like that?
If MC is going spend some coin maybe the best place would be some quality scouts.

pinklady

I am a fan of Lachie Wales but he is a right-sided player, so wouldn’t solve the LM issue.

Hopefully though he will get some game time whilst TBT is away, so we can see how far along his development path he has come.
Wales is in the squad travelling to Geelong. I think Melling and Rowles will be left out and play NYL against Wanderers.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred