• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Wombat

All those mugs that predicted we would get smashed in the last 4 weeks need to look at the subtle improvements we have made under Okon. He is stubborn and sometimes maverick but he is the best coach we have had since Arnold. I'd resign him for another 2 years. I still have doubts about Jolic but the back 4 were much improved tonight so i give him credit tonight as well.

Ozhammer

Yeah six weeks or so, though Charlesworth never seems to want to spend the cash.
He was running laps at the CoE today, so I doubt he will be out for long. My post about wanting him gone was primarily borne out of my frustration about his lack of defensive effort. No team can afford passengers and we can afford it less than any other team. He simply needs to offer more than he has this season if he wants to retain a starting spot imo.

Ozhammer

Fabs was at the Sydney game tonight and not to support FC..... Not sure he is what we need but he is available and known to Okon.

Wombat

I dont think so TB.
Not much good with the head.
Doesn't really like the physical stuff.
BUT can slot a chance.
But......Its a no from me.

Forum Phoenix

We I’ll have to eat my words. Okon is looking for another striker. Preferably an Aussie one because of visa processing time.

Who is available???
Timmy???

Where did you read this Capt? Did Okon say something in his presser?

From what I saw tonight, I think there’s a lot to like in Skapetis. Sign another proven striker and throw in Melling. And we have significantly improved our squad and depth.

JP you’re great at this sort of thing, who are likely/possible targets?

PJ you also.... hmmmmm something suspicious but just can’t put my finger on it :tinfoilhat:;)

Last edited:

Gratis

All we need is a few more goals - that's the difference between us and points. Feels like we're getting closer, and another striker would surely help

Forum Phoenix

That really is the plain simple truth. For the want of taking a few of our chances in games, ( and not getting quite so f**ked over by the VAR might have helped) by my reckoning we should have had 12 more points, and when you look at the table, we’d be coming third.

pjennings

From what I saw tonight, I think there’s a lot to like in Skapetis. Sign another proven striker and throw in Melling. And we have significantly improved our squad and depth.

PJ you also.... hmmmmm something suspicious but just can’t put my finger on it :tinfoilhat:;)

I think it will be Yeboah on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach. Hasn't been prolific playing for their reserves but with Powell finally back from injury as well as Skapetis and Yeboah we would look a lot more threatening than we have. Fits the profile Aussie and cheap in need of first team football.

Capt. Awesome

Yes he said it in the press conference and direct to Fox sports after the game. He didn’t seem confident of finding a decent striker though.

pjennings

That really is the plain simple truth. For the want of taking a few of our chances in games, ( and not getting quite so f**ked over by the VAR might have helped) by my reckoning we should have had 12 more points, and when you look at the table, we’d be coming third.

With Powell back from injury, Skapetis here and hopefully another striker to come hopefully we can take a few more chances. Next five games will define our season. We play the three teams below us and the two teams above us. These are the games we need to pick up a lot of points from because in the final five games we have games against the top four teams.

Forum Phoenix

I think it will be Yeboah on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach. Hasn't been prolific playing for their reserves but with Powell finally back from injury as well as Skapetis and Yeboah we would look a lot more threatening than we have. Fits the profile Aussie and cheap in need of first team football.

Really hope you’re right, I’d be very happpy with that,

Forum Phoenix

With Powell back from injury, Skapetis here and hopefully another striker to come hopefully we can take a few more chances. Next five games will define our season. We play the three teams below us and the two teams above us. These are the games we need to pick up a lot of points from because in the final five games we have games against the top four teams.

And given we can pick up points from the top sides too. Pick up a few wins and we’re clearly a strong finals chance.

Ozhammer

And given we can pick up points from the top sides too. Pick up a few wins and we’re clearly a strong finals chance.
I would use the term possible rather than strong chance, as we have been prone to underperforming at times. Consistency is what we need to show in the coming weeks and that is the key thing the boys need to show in the coming weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred