• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Luca Brasi

From June last year
Tony Walmsley has added more venom to his front third in signing 24-year-old Australian attacker Mitch Austin from English side Cambridge United FC on a two-year deal.
He is still contracted to us for next year and doubt he would be on much coin so he either sits the season out or use him as leverage to get a player we need and allow him to leave.

Wombat

I think Makarounas would make a good back up creative midfielder he's definitely an improvement on Stella if he's signed as a starting eleven player I think it's a mistake but as a backup he could be very useful considering we have no players currently in that position.

I'd sign both Maka and Donachie.
Donachie is starting 11 immediately.
Maka is a direct replacement for Stella and good squad player with good potential.

Forum Phoenix

No surprise he'd like a release. But club would be out of it's mind to give him one. TW took a chance on him, and it has given his career a new trajectory.

The leverage is ours. He can rot on the pine for a year, then someone will offer a pittance when he hasn't played for a year and he can go somewhere else and start again.

OR...

He can say sorry, put his head down, play a year of even better football and increase his fee and better his trajectory.

Forum Phoenix

Combo of sick kid and Thomas' stellar performance has "rumour going 'round the town, that they don't want him around" to lightly paraphrase The Sweet ;-)
Anyway there's been all that talk that he'd like to get back Sydneyway to be around family and that MV is happy for him to go if he can find a role, so they can clear him off the cap.
Right, thanks.

JoyfulPenguin

Kilkenny keeps an eye open down under
Out-of-contract former Socceroo Neil Kilkenny says he’s open to a move back to Australia this off-season.

Kilkenny, 30, was released by Championship outfit Preston North End last month and is in search of a new club.

The Brisbane-raised Arsenal junior was a regular in Preston matchday squads last term but only managed 15 first-team appearances.

“We’re open to anything,” Kilkenny told FourFourTwo.

“We’ll just see what comes along in the summer and take it from there.”

Kilkenny, who is holidaying with his young family in Greece for the next week, was linked with Perth Glory last year and has been linked with Doncaster Rovers this off-season.

“There’s nothing at the minute,” Kilkenny said. “It’s still early in the summer.

“Obviously a lot of managers are on holiday in England.”

The 14-time Socceroo, who last played for Australia in 2011, insisted he felt he had many years ahead of him, despite already beginning his coaching badges.

The ex-Bristol City, Leeds United and Birmingham City midfielder added he can still succeed in the Championship, or even higher.

“I feel the Championship is where I can play,” he said. “I feel I can play higher but I need to prove myself a bit more still.

“I’m 30 now but I feel I’ve got loads more to give. I feel I’ve got five to eight years left in me.

“I’ve never really relied on my physical attributes. A lot of my game is through my head and reading things.

“I feel I’ve still got a long time. I’ve looked after my body really well and hopefully I’ve still got a few years in me.”
Sauce: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/kilkenny-keeps-eye-open-down-under

Big Al

Big clean outs in the big 3 clubs mean there will be a lot of underhanded tactics used to improve their squads. Us being a complete shambles doesn't help protect our assets.

Got to stay strong unless we get what we want.

Is Danny's head in the game to make it a good swap?

pjennings

Big clean outs in the big 3 clubs mean there will be a lot of underhanded tactics used to improve their squads. Us being a complete shambles doesn't help protect our assets.

Got to stay strong unless we get what we want.

Is Danny's head in the game to make it a good swap?

Danny's family is in western Sydney. his wife's is on the coast. Having a support network surrounding them should help him to focus.

style_cafe

It really makes me wonder who`s running this place or indeed if anyone is.
Do we really want to sign players that can lift us from being the worst team in A League history to a respectable position on the table?
My faith in the Mariner`s hierachy has taken a massive hit tonight.
From MC to Walmsley & to a lesser degree Shaun.(I`m giving him the benefit of the doubt).
At the moment ,to me I`m sad to say,the Mariner`s are really on the nose! :redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred