• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Wombat

I always wished Kewell and Ryan Giggs had made themselves available for England (Giggs played schoolboy Football for England even though he is a Taffy). Instead we got Tony Dorigo (who doesn't even have any english blood)!!.....thanks alot Australia.:doh:

Last edited:

style_cafe

I always wished Kewell and Ryan Giggs had made themselves available for England (Giggs played schoolboy Football for England even though he is a Taffy). Instead we got Tony Dorigo!!.....thanks alot Australia.:doh:

LOL so the talent pool wasn`t deep enough already ?

Wombat

Apparently James Donachie from Roar is available.
This player is above anyone in our current back 4??!!

Jessie Makarounes looked decent from what i saw and the player that caught my eye Marc Marino has been missed by us and gone to Adelaide.

pjennings

If we aren't going for any high profile players I would be happy to have Donachie to complement Faty, Ascroft and McGing.

As attacking midfielders given that Kalik, Caceres and Garcia are gone I would also be looking at Mate Dugandzic and Dejan Pandurevic.

style_cafe

As I`ve said here numerous times Cansdell-Sherriff should be targetted.
He would have been happy to come here last season but no-one made contact.
He`s a Sydney boy with 4 young sons, 33years old with 16 years as a proffesional behind him.
He`s been a part of 2 winning sides in the past 2 years & can play centre back,left back.
He`d be ideal to toughen up our defence.

If anyone from the club wants to get in touch with him pvt message me.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4024...dell-sherriff-targeting-successful-a-?ICID=SP

style_cafe

If we aren't going for any high profile players I would be happy to have Donachie to complement Faty, Ascroft and McGing.

As attacking midfielders given that Kalik, Caceres and Garcia are gone I would also be looking at Mate Dugandzic and Dejan Pandurevic.
I`m a fan of Dugandzic to.He`s always been a pain in the arse when he`s played against us.

FFC Mariner

Dugandzic is a good player and would be reasonably cheap.

That would be because he is rubbish i expect

Sadly after our season just gone, our reputation for wages and a no name coach we will get dregs

Dugandzic it will probably be then

JoyfulPenguin

That would be because he is rubbish i expect

Sadly after our season just gone, our reputation for wages and a no name coach we will get dregs

Dugandzic it will probably be then
He hasn't been the same player since he broke his leg. After he came back he was shoved onto the wing at Heart and at Adelaide I personally believe he played his best for Heart in creative midfield which is a position we desperately need players in.

Rowdy

how about Giggs as player coach? given the news he's leaving Man Utd.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...s/news-story/da0ba11abfe96debba5ca4f4e4990ce9

I like your train of thought BUT realistically, there were strong suggestions by those in England that Giggs could & should take over from LVG, so I'm sure there'll be better opportunities available to him than the A-League.

A more likely candidate for the A-League would be Nemanja Vidic, (& NO - I'm no ManU fan)
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/vidic-ready-manage-england#:OlJYEAys5UQl-A

he retired last January from Inter, has completed his badges & has expressed a desire to Coach ( stated hed5 like a job in UK 1st) but I see the HAL as a good start for someone like him, maybe even player/coach depending on the severity of his injury at Inter.

Rowdy

Hey Walmsley, pick up the the phone NOW for Covic !!! ......

Perth Glory sign ex-Celtic shot stopper:

feely.jpg

Perth Glory has boosted its goalkeeping options with the signature of former Young Socceroos and Celtic shot-stopper Nick Feely.

Western Australia-raised Feely, 24, joins Glory on a one-year deal having spent time with the club on a short-term contract during last year’s FFA Cup run.

The future of Glory’s veteran number one stopper Ante Covic remains up in the air, with a return to Sydney to be with his family likely, while back-up Jerrad Tyson has already left.

If Covic doesn’t re-sign with Perth, the club will sign another goalkeeper, with young gloveman Jordan Thurtell also set to extend his stay.

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/perth-glory-sign-ex-celtic-shot-stopper#qTW153YukrYOJ55U.99

Rowdy

Atacking Midfielder ?

James Troisi about to become 'homeless' with an exit from Liaoning Whowin and Dario Vidosic all but signed and sealed as his replacement, with WSW agreeing to terms & allowing a release from his contract.

Triosi may require more dollars than we have in the kitty though.

nebakke

Atacking Midfielder ?

James Troisi about to become 'homeless' with an exit from Liaoning Whowin and Dario Vidosic all but signed and sealed as his replacement, with WSW agreeing to terms & allowing a release from his contract.

Triosi may require more dollars than we have in the kitty though.

Maybe we could set him up as a cheap marquee for a year, on the guarantee that if he performs well, he's guaranteed a lucrative offer from Sydney, the following year, and nobody will even expect him to perform once he's there ;).. He can get a busy year, with a bit of a kitty here and a chill-out year or two, to reassess his life and hang around Sydney, to follow ;)

Forum Phoenix

No way Troisi would come here. Would have been hard to get him under Arnie... and now? Zero chance. Rated him when he was young. But I don't think he's improved very much over the past six years and I'm not convinced by his work ethic or consistency. But anyway, almost certainly a moot point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred