• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

nebakke

What am I missing? Didn't he sign with MV last year on a 3 year deal? Why and how would he come to us?

Combo of sick kid and Thomas' stellar performance has "rumour going 'round the town, that they don't want him around" to lightly paraphrase The Sweet ;-)
Anyway there's been all that talk that he'd like to get back Sydneyway to be around family and that MV is happy for him to go if he can find a role, so they can clear him off the cap.

Wombat

I'd take Danny over Ivan any day.
Maybe only a 12 months contract to see if he still has it.

Gratis

Victory would have to release him for us to get him, I'd refuse to swap Austin for a keeper, would rather keep searching to buy keeper

JoyfulPenguin

Rumours about Austin abound:
Austin asks for release
Central Coast Mariners forward Mitch Austin has asked for a release.

Austin is said to be considering offers from Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory, but the Mariners have rejected the approach.

The Gosford-based side would only consider a release if they could get a player in return as well as salary cap compensation.

We are told that Austin is considering not returning for pre-season with the Mariners.
Sauce: http://www.sportingnews.com/footbal...the-way-out/xc3cg268k0vs1dxcm38zlxb07/slide/2

Coach

First - we do not need Makarounas or Donachie we have plenty of those sort of players now, 21 yr olds with little experience. If, as rumored, we don't want Covic then please don't take Necevski he is simply not up to standard, Danny is the minimium. If we can swap Austin for a seasoned player and some cash please please do so. Look at the stats - 5 goals, just 18 tackles, 20% cross success rate, can't play a full game sub'ed 15 of 23 and that doesn't include the send off! If he is to stay it must be as a shock weapon off the bench. We stiil need an experienced CB and AM.

style_cafe

First - we do not need Makarounas or Donachie we have plenty of those sort of players now, 21 yr olds with little experience. If, as rumored, we don't want Covic then please don't take Necevski he is simply not up to standard, Danny is the minimium. If we can swap Austin for a seasoned player and some cash please please do so. Look at the stats - 5 goals, just 18 tackles, 20% cross success rate, can't play a full game sub'ed 15 of 23 and that doesn't include the send off! If he is to stay it must be as a shock weapon off the bench. We stiil need an experienced CB and AM.

I disagree with the Makarounas /Donachie & think they are actually better than what we currently have & would fit what we are looking for.
I was not a big Danny fan when he was here,I thought he was too big headed & wasn`t surprised at the send-off,in saying that a water of water has flowed under the bridge & I`d like to see him back.Long term I think he could last a decade here.
As for Austin,where did you get those stats? I really have a problem with them, in so far as I think the 18 tackles has been massively inflated!

Coach

I agree to a certain extent in that Donachie is very good but we have similar already on contract. I was being nice, Makarounas is a fabulous attacking player but hates the hard stuff and of course Musky hates that. Stats - official FFA stats go to the CCM web page look up players select Austin and then stats. Any decent manager would immediately ignore such a player.

FFC Mariner

Austin is a squad player (at best) for a side running say 4th to 8th.

He plays like a rugby winger and was punted from a league 2 side dont forget.

Excites the "take more shots" NRL part of our crowd but i think we ought to get what we can

Big Al

Neither of those teams have anything to offer that we might want.

Maybe Elgy or what ever the left CB's name is.

MV might be using Danny's situation to try forge a deal.

If Austin has asked for a release, then that is very disappointing. One of the few positives of last year and I think he would be better with taveras

JoyfulPenguin

I think Makarounas would make a good back up creative midfielder he's definitely an improvement on Stella if he's signed as a starting eleven player I think it's a mistake but as a backup he could be very useful considering we have no players currently in that position.

pjennings

Mitch refused to sign a new deals months ago so it comes as no real surprise. I would be quite happy to trade Mitch for Danny for a number of reasons.

1) We need a first team quality keeper.
2) If he doesn't want to be here then Mitch's output will drop
3) We need a first team quality keeper.
4) We have Bingham, Fletcher, Trent and McDonald that can all fill Austin's role - some better than he does - some worse.
5) We need a first team quality keeper.
6) We don't have anyone that can fill the first choice keeper role that would fill you with any confidence.
7) We need a first team quality keeper.

style_cafe

Mitch refused to sign a new deals months ago so it comes as no real surprise. I would be quite happy to trade Mitch for Danny for a number of reasons.

1) We need a first team quality keeper.
2) If he doesn't want to be here then Mitch's output will drop
3) We need a first team quality keeper.
4) We have Bingham, Fletcher, Trent and McDonald that can all fill Austin's role - some better than he does - some worse.
5) We need a first team quality keeper.
6) We don't have anyone that can fill the first choice keeper role that would fill you with any confidence.
7) We need a first team quality keeper.

Middy did you mention we need a first team quality keeper...just a thought :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred