• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Michael

The model is our youth and players who have promise where their career has stalled and CCM see value in getting them back on track.
Theo
Denzil
Beni etc
We are a selling club, if the offer is right, we will take it. Thats how we fill the revenue hole
That’s all very true and I don’t think anyone is hiding from that.

The point I’ve been making is, I just don’t see him going to India even if that’s one of the bids to be accepted.

Michael

The vibe I’ve gathered watching him from afar and from a couple short coincidental meetings away from a football stadium tells me money isn’t the be all end all to him.
Lifestyle and happiness is. His quote the other day says absolutely everything.

Yeah obviously getting offered millions changes anyones mind though

marinermick

The vibe I’ve gathered watching him from afar and from a couple short coincidental meetings away from a football stadium tells me money isn’t the be all end all to him.
Lifestyle and happiness is. His quote the other day says absolutely everything.

Yeah obviously getting offered millions changes anyones mind though

What makes you think he can’t have lifestyle and happiness in India? Have you visited India?

Corsair

What makes you think he can’t have lifestyle and happiness in India? Have you visited India?
I haven't been to India, sounds like you have, how do you envision life there as a public figure in sport?

I'd expect JC and Hannah would stand out and be mobbed everywhere they go and have little privacy?

Could you for example just decide to go to a nightclub on a whim or would you have to plan it and have staff accompany you?

Genuine questions as I've never been there.

Huddo

I've been to India, just the southern areas.

If I'm in JC shoes, the money better be huge, the parts I saw were shitholes.

Oppressive weather to play in, the cities are poorly built, traffic and pollution up the wazoo, nothing works, health system is f**ked, saw untouchables washing in raw sewage, dead bodies in bundles floating down rivers, rats the size of cats, couldn't eat anything that was local, may be different up north, but I wouldn't be going south.

sydmariner

Oppressive weather to play in, the cities are poorly built, traffic and pollution up the wazoo, nothing works, health system is f**ked, saw untouchables washing in raw sewage, dead bodies in bundles floating down rivers, rats the size of cats, couldn't eat anything that was local, may be different up north, but I wouldn't be going south.
So its just like Newcastle then.

marinermick

I haven't been to India, sounds like you have, how do you envision life there as a public figure in sport?

I'd expect JC and Hannah would stand out and be mobbed everywhere they go and have little privacy?

Could you for example just decide to go to a nightclub on a whim or would you have to plan it and have staff accompany you?

Genuine questions as I've never been there.

I have traveled extensively and I have been to India a few times. It is the most fascinating place I have visited - friendly, vibrant, an overload on the senses. Some people can’t handle the stark reality of what the world is. Travel and you will know this.

India is a great teacher. It gives you the gift of realising how lucky you are. It teaches you grace, humility and gratitude. The poorest of the poor would offer you the shirt off their back or their last morsel of food if they had the chance. People are resourceful abs utilise what they have. They live in genuine happiness. We have have everything and still complain for more.

Calling it a shit hole is highly disrespectful and ignorant. It is far from it.

The opulence in India is very much hidden. JC and Hannah will be very comfortable. Luxury apartment, cook, cleaner, driver with car etc. If they choose to go to a nightclub or restaurant they won’t get mobbed.

They will be able to walk the streets with safety. It will be busy but they won’t be mobbed. JC is not a cricketer. There will be more people curious to what they are doing as they are westerners. I always had a crowd wherever I stopped. People were just curious and fascinated. They were not disrespectful.

The hawkers can sometimes be overbearing but they don’t touch or grab you like other countries.

They will get experiences they will not get anywhere else. Amazing experiences. They will be earning incredible money.

And if they want to get away they are only a few hours flight to other places in Asia, the Maldives or the Middle East.

JC and Hannah stated in the JC documentary that they live adventure and would be happy anywhere in the world as long as they have each other. JC said he would make the best of any situation.

I find it ironic that people would criticise this move but would easily make the choice themselves if they had a five fold increase in their wage.

marinermick

The south is amazing - Mumbai, Goa, Kerala

Ironbark

Ultimately the JC to CCM move has been a success for both parties. I'm thankful to Monty for having the vision and courage to make this happen.

The Dingo will move on at some point, sooner or later, because he has to. Only a handful of years to bank the coin for his talent and he needs to milk that. He is also a hardworking talent and needs to challenge himself at the highest level he can.

It's clear he loves it here and is genuinely thankful and loyal to the club. He will repay us however he can, maybe with a big transfer fee, or referring quality players to us, or by scoring as many goals as he can. He may even come back one day.

Either way I am also thankful to him for his output, but also for the obvious vibe and culture he has brought to the dressing room. He as much as anyone showed Garang the ropes and helped him hit the heights. And he's contributing to the NT now too.

Whatever comes next in terms of moving on it'll be too soon. My selfish preference is he signs a 3 year extension and plays one more year here then goes for a huge fee.
In reality he'll probably go at end of season, hopefully for a decent fee, and we should celebrate him and the club.

pjennings

JC and Hannah stated in the JC documentary that they live adventure and would be happy anywhere in the world as long as they have each other. JC said he would make the best of any situation.

I find it ironic that people would criticise this move but would easily make the choice themselves if they had a five fold increase in their wage.

If he wants to go good luck to him - especially if we get some decent coin. I'm sure I'd go for a five fold increase in my wage. My only concern is for his NT aspirations. Don't think that his Socceroos aspirations are recent. I've seen a picture of him from when he was around 10 in a Socceroos shirt.

Tevor

I've been and I'll happily admit it's not for me, I appreciate that others really enjoy the experience of India. How many players have been playing actual games for the National team whilst playing in India. I can not recall any, if there are some it would not be many. If he goes to India I feel we will be unlikely to see him in a Socceroos shirt again.

He could still go to india and play for good $$ in three or more years time and after the next WC, look at how old Alf was when he did his superannuation journey. My personal opinion is he is too young to go there just yet. He could easily get oil money as well in three or four years time. Why go in what are your prime years?

LG__

I know the offer for Cummings is too good to turn down, but I’m just a little disappointed he’s leaving us for a footballing downgrade, would’ve liked to see him test himself at a higher standard.

But football careers are short and he’s got to do what’s best for himself and his family.

pjennings

Is it a fait accompli. So far it is just seems to be agent and Richard talk. I've not seen anything from Jason saying he wants to go. He has a contract here for another year and may well prefer to stay here. It could be as simple as the agent trying to leverage interest for a better offer to stay here. We may not be able to match the Indian offers but we may be able to offer a bit more. Where is that Silverlake money?

As it is I've enjoyed watching him here and hope he stays but won't begrudge him a big payday OS.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trish