• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Big Al

Pop quiz to keep us entertained while we have a week off

1Rule. Don’t google the answers have a guess. I’ll know if you google because the answers are not obvious

Q1. Who were the best teams (top 5) for goals against on the table (so who had the least scored against them - best defense). Name the teams in order
Will let it run till Tuesday afternoon.
NO CHEATING

Hint Mariners are in both questions

1. 27 Goals against -
2. 32 Goals against -
3. 33 Goals against -
4. 34 Goals against -
5. 35 Goals against -

Q2. Goals Scored by the team. Best offense

1. 61 Goals for -
2. 55 Goals for -
3. 53 Goals for -
4. 43 Goals for -
5. 40 Goals for -

Stats As per ESPN.

Ironbark

Pop quiz to keep us entertained while we have a week off

1Rule. Don’t google the answers have a guess. I’ll know if you google because the answers are not obvious

Q1. Who were the best teams (top 5) for goals against on the table (so who had the least scored against them - best defense). Name the teams in order
Will let it run till Tuesday afternoon.
NO CHEATING

Hint Mariners are in both questions

1. 27 Goals against -
2. 32 Goals against -
3. 33 Goals against -
4. 34 Goals against -
5. 35 Goals against -

Q2. Goals Scored by the team. Best offense

1. 61 Goals for -
2. 55 Goals for -
3. 53 Goals for -
4. 43 Goals for -
5. 40 Goals for -

Stats As per ESPN.
ha, I was literally reviewing these stats last night - so will refrain from playing

midfielder

IMHO only LM & GA, managed to produce players that are serious contenders for best ever Mariner….. I have listed those from LM & GA sides I consider are worthy of honour … with a couple of maybes…

Question then is does anyone in Monty time deserve to be on the list, Kyle Rowles and so does Macka at right back IMO deserve consideration does Koul get a nod and which Koul…. And others as well… interesting to consider from Monty's time who would be a must pick… in an all time best ever Mariner side...

LM

Tommy P, Grumps, Jedi, Danny V

Maybes,

Wilko,

GA

Musty, Rogic, Dutchie, Sains, Matty Ryan, McBreen

Maybes,

Olly, WeeMac, J Rose, Pedj

Monty

?????????????????

Corsair

IMHO only LM & GA, managed to produce players that are serious contenders for best ever Mariner….. I have listed those from LM & GA sides I consider are worthy of honour … with a couple of maybes…

Question then is does anyone in Monty time deserve to be on the list, Kyle Rowles and so does Macka at right back IMO deserve consideration does Koul get a nod and which Koul…. And others as well… interesting to consider from Monty's time who would be a must pick… in an all time best ever Mariner side...

LM

Maybes,

Wilko,

GA

Maybes,

Monty

?????????????????
For me Rowles is a club legend. I watched him come up and petitioned on his behalf, his self belief was well below his ability in his early days. A foreboding of his humble character. Watching his growth into his pivotal role, that ultimately led to his socceroos selection is one of the greatest memories I carry forward as a CCM fan. He'll always hold a special place in Mariners history for me.

Hello Sailor

LM

Maybes,

Wilko,

GA

Maybes,

Monty

?????????????????if we are including imports
I dont think all of these were 'developed' by the coaches eg Dutchie. So if we are including inspired imports, shouldn't Cummings and Perez also be on the list? In any case did LM and GA have the same financial constraints as Monty? If not, is it reasonable to compare players of those eras with the likes of Niz or Faz who by necessity were thrown into the deep end at a very young age but swam superbly?

ryan

LM

Maybes,

Wilko,

GA

Maybes,

Monty

?????????????????
Not sure how Wilko is a maybe. For me our best defensive pairing was him and Zwanny. Wilko never seemed to get as much credit as he deserved. Very rarely put a foot wrong. I'd have him down as a club legend. I was very sad when he came back from overseas and went to Sydney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trish