• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

pjennings

Ozhammer

If Mark Orudan wins it I'll lose my shit. I know they froth over how he built his new squad from the ground up or whatever, but that's nothing compared to developing an Olyroos captain and a bunch of Socceroos
He bought his way to success, I’d like to see that arrogant knobhead build a top two side on the money Monty has available to him.

No comparison between the two achievements this season and if Monty isn’t head and shoulders above the rest then it’ll be just another example of ALM nepotism.

turbo

If Mark Orudan wins it I'll lose my shit.
Depends how far they go. If they make the GF and especially if they win it he'll get it. The narrative of him turning around WSW after so long and others failing will be too strong to ignore. What Monty has done is fantastic but doesnt write itself so easily when we've overperformed in recent years.

Tevor

It will be the Irish fella for sure, the media and O'Rudan continually try and call the Drive bye supporters back and the APL need them to be pulling big crowd numbers and not just against Shitney.

marinermick

Mariners get gyped at the major awards, I remember when kisnorbo beat staj for the coaches award, was rediculous noting where both teams came from.

Disagree. The plastics had years of underachievement and entitlement. PK totally changed the culture of the club to one of merit and hard work. It was thoroughly deserved.

Huddo

Disagree. The plastics had years of underachievement and entitlement. PK totally changed the culture of the club to one of merit and hard work. It was thoroughly deserved.

And all he needed was an endless supply of money. ??

I'm with you, PK did do a great job, my point is Staj was incredible, a rookie coach in the men's game, he took a baseline spending team that had been in the bottom for 6 seasons previous (3 consecutive spoons), and took them to 3rd. You just have to look at what he was able to get out of DDS.

Corsair

And all he needed was an endless supply of money. ??

I'm with you, PK did do a great job, my point is Staj was incredible, a rookie coach in the men's game, he took a baseline spending team that had been in the bottom for 6 seasons previous (3 consecutive spoons), and took them to 3rd. You just have to look at what he was able to get out of DDS.
This is true, what fond memories of Dabney we have to look back on from that season :p

Big Al

Pop quiz to keep us entertained while we have a week off

1Rule. Don’t google the answers have a guess. I’ll know if you google because the answers are not obvious

Q1. Who were the best teams (top 5) for goals against on the table (so who had the least scored against them - best defense). Name the teams in order
Will let it run till Tuesday afternoon.
NO CHEATING

Hint Mariners are in both questions

1. 27 Goals against -
2. 32 Goals against -
3. 33 Goals against -
4. 34 Goals against -
5. 35 Goals against -

Q2. Goals Scored by the team. Best offense

1. 61 Goals for -
2. 55 Goals for -
3. 53 Goals for -
4. 43 Goals for -
5. 40 Goals for -

Stats As per ESPN.
Sorry should of been and was supposed to go in the Mariners Season thread.

Goals Conceded
1. 27 Goals against - WSW
2. 32 Goals against - City
3. 33 Goals against - Roar
4. 34 Goals against - Victory
5. 35 Goals against - Mariners

Roar and Victory with very good defense but no attack

Goals Scored
1. 61 Goals for - City
2. 55 Goals for - Mariners
3. 53 Goals for - Adelaide
4. 43 Goals for - WSW