• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Hello Sailor

IMHO only LM & GA, managed to produce players that are serious contenders for best ever Mariner….. I have listed those from LM & GA sides I consider are worthy of honour … with a couple of maybes…

Question then is does anyone in Monty time deserve to be on the list, Kyle Rowles and so does Macka at right back IMO deserve consideration does Koul get a nod and which Koul…. And others as well… interesting to consider from Monty's time who would be a must pick… in an all time best ever Mariner side...

LM

Tommy P, Grumps, Jedi, Danny V

Maybes,

Wilko,

GA

Musty, Rogic, Dutchie, Sains, Matty Ryan, McBreen

Maybes,

Olly, WeeMac, J Rose, Pedj

Monty

?????????????????
I've been scratching my head and wondering what a WORST ever Mariners team would look like. [Based not just on in ability but also being a dick] Walmsley managing, Gordon, Asdrubal, Wolfy Bolt-anyone else???

marinermick

I've been scratching my head and wondering what a WORST ever Mariners team would look like. [Based not just on in ability but also being a dick] Walmsley managing, Gordon, Asdrubal, Wolfy Bolt-anyone else???

Oh god, let’s not open that can of worms. Wolfrey and Bolte aren’t eligible because they aren’t capped. Gordon was in no way in the top ten list of worst defenders. He was quite decent for us.

Walmsley > Sully > Mulvey

Last edited:

pjennings

Cummings to Al Nasr here we go!! Just imagine our Cumdog paring up top with Ronaldo!!!
The Indian rumour seems to have died down. I'd love to keep him.

Assuming we keep our squad together, I'd just be happy with a couple of loan deals for Garang and Josh Rawlins (with another season of experience) and see how the rest of the NPL guys develop. BTW - I prefer Sasha as a RM RW than a RB

midfielder

The Indian rumour seems to have died down. I'd love to keep him.

Assuming we keep our squad together, I'd just be happy with a couple of loan deals for Garang and Josh Rawlins (with another season of experience) and see how the rest of the NPL guys develop. BTW - I prefer Sasha as a RM RW than a RB
Storm IMO should not have been resigned at the start of the season by seasons end his improvement had me scratching my head were has this form been all these years.... we could do better but Storm has earn the right on this years form to be in the team and hhhhmmmm start unless someone come along of great quality....

In my mind there is no doubt when the rot started and that was with Moss, the side he was left was amazing, his recruitment to replace those that left was beyond poor, he did not know how to manage a low budget team...

It took to Staj to understand how we need to be managed, Monty understands and whoever is our next coach also needs to understand how to manage our small budget youth based teams...

pjennings

Storm IMO should not have been resigned at the start of the season by seasons end his improvement had me scratching my head were has this form been all these years.... we could do better but Storm has earn the right on this years form to be in the team and hhhhmmmm start unless someone come along of great quality....
Rawlins is a good quality youngster not getting much game time. I see Sasha as a RM or RW and Storm at this stage first choice RB and probably first backup for CB. Assuming Faz is staying at LB. Given we will have suspensions, injuries and junior NT duties I'm sure Josh would see plenty of game time. Hopefully we have 7 Australia Cup games, 10 AFC Cup games and 29 ALM game in the 12 months from July.

priorpeter

Rawlins is a good quality youngster not getting much game time. I see Sasha as a RM or RW and Storm at this stage first choice RB and probably first backup for CB. Assuming Faz is staying at LB. Given we will have suspensions, injuries and junior NT duties I'm sure Josh would see plenty of game time. Hopefully we have 7 Australia Cup games, 10 AFC Cup games and 29 ALM game in the 12 months from July.
We’ve also got Jimmy Bayliss who is a very handy RB. Will be interesting to see if that’s where he slots in when Brad Tapp returns from injury, as tappy is a very good 6 and will be eying off that spot when he returns for Academy.

Melange

We’ve also got Jimmy Bayliss who is a very handy RB. Will be interesting to see if that’s where he slots in when Brad Tapp returns from injury, as tappy is a very good 6 and will be eying off that spot when he returns for Academy.
Who was the young fella who got injured with a horror tackle in the NPL? @priorpeter you had a high opinion of his ability, was that Tapp?

priorpeter

Who was the young fella who got injured with a horror tackle in the NPL? @priorpeter you had a high opinion of his ability, was that Tapp?
Ayden Hammond - fractured leg on starting debut against Hills last season. He’s been getting some first team minutes off the bench over the last few weeks and has looked lively.
Tappy did his ACL in the grand final last season, he’s a few weeks away

pjennings

So at this stage, given who Monty has given game time to and making a couple of heroic calls I squad for this season could be.

This is assuming a few re-signings and not losing anyone (no guarantees there). Am I missing anyone?

At the beginning of next season that squad would have

10 players 20 or less
10 players 21 to 23
10 players 24 to 30
Danny at 38

DannyVukovic
JackWarshawsky
AnthonyPavlesic
JamesMcGarry
JacobFarrell
ZacZoričić
NectariosTriantis
BrianKaltak
CameronWindust
DanHall
JoshuaHong
DeanLarson
StormRoux
SashaKuzevski
MaxBalard
JoshuaNisbet
BradleyTapp
HarrisonSteele
Maksim
Kasalovic
MiguelDi Pizio
SamuelSilvera
ChristianTheoharous
JamesBayliss
JasonCummings
MarcoTulio
DylanWenzell-Halls
Lachlan
Bayliss
Olayinka
Sunmola
BeniNkololo
MatheusMoresche
AydanHammond

Last edited:

pjennings

Hammond impressed me greatly that day before the disgusting tackle as did Tappy filling in as a centre back before the ACL.
I look forward to seeing more of both of them.
Yep - I was hopeful before I realised the extent of Aydon's injury that he would have featured a great deal after Garang left.

Allreet?

Nominee for worst ever team?

Some will hate me for this, but Kwas.

Yes, he did get one or two important goals, but he absolutely did my head in with his selfishness - shooting at hopeless angles when there were men inside begging for a tap in. It really cost us on numerous occasions.

Corsair

Western United letting 11 players go so far if you include Diamanti and Topor-Stanley retiring.

Seems like there's going to be a lot of movement this off season, hopefully not including our players...

Attachments

• 230508_WUFC-ALM_ThankYou_1920x1080.png
    230508_WUFC-ALM_ThankYou_1920x1080.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Tevor

Western United letting 11 players go so far if you include Diamanti and Topor-Stanley retiring.

Seems like there's going to be a lot of movement this off season, hopefully not including our players...

If you are a young player at CCM you would be hesitant to go however I suspect some will be targeted and if Thurgate is commanding $350k a season some of these basket case clubs have some cash to splash around.

crock

If you are a young player at CCM you would be hesitant to go however I suspect some will be targeted and if Thurgate is commanding $350k a season some of these basket case clubs have some cash to splash around.
they cant target them if they are still under contract with us in regards to the basket case clubs in aleague

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andreas