• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Michael

It was refreshing to see Jase come out and say what I knew he would. And after that I’ve come to the conclusion it’s now onto what Rich considers is a can’t say no transfer fee…. And then, it’s onto where jase wants to live because to him, after what he went through in the UK it’s about living where he’ll be happy, good money is just a bonus or after thought. I’m sure he’s in our top 2 paid players atm just quietly. And I also refuse to believe India will provide the lifestyle he and his partner have here.
It is also annoying when rich tries to hide the money the club made in the past 12 months with transfer fees, World Cup bonuses and even the few youth lads that left that we got development payments for.

So after all that, basically jase doesn’t want to leave this club this region and this lifestyle but is willing to help the club IF the right club in the right country comes offering a good enough transfer fee.

Tevor

What chance Cummings is granted some time in the Indian league to collect a handsome pay cheque and then returns to CCM like Le Fondre did with Syd FC?
I was thinking exactly the same thing he could always come back after a few years, not sure going to India will help with the national team and the WC qualifiers over the next few years. To be honest with the goo fest over Borello at the moment and after the friendlies I get the feeling Borello is now in front of the Dingo. Has the Dingo just ticked off a bucket list by going to a WC and is now content?

I've been to India, would be a tough place to live in my opinion even if you are well paid. If Duke and Taggart can make it in Japan I feel so can the Dingo. Would rather he go there than India.

FFC Mariner

The lifestyle in India would leave his here for dead. Gated mansion? Servants? Drivers? I know a guy who is GP on the coast who's family even had staff who went shopping for them in India.
Rich people in India live a life of luxury.

midfielder

The lifestyle in India would leave his here for dead. Gated mansion? Servants? Drivers? I know a guy who is GP on the coast who's family even had staff who went shopping for them in India.
Maybe.... I have a client who spend five years there as a very senior executive.... maids, help even had his own personal boy [boy refers to a person the company appointed to accompany him when out to look after him] ... the money was unbelievable but they did not enjoy the lifestyle...

Insertnamehere

I know a heap of Indians (thanks to a decade of cricketing in brisbane) who wouldn't go back for anything. They're all highly educated and would lead a more comfortable lifestyle there than here. But fkn hate the place.

Tevor

If that is what he holds in high regard then yes, it's not for everyone though. From what I've seen he and his partner like the freedom to go places and enjoy the country side so a gated community may not be high on their priority list. Pizza and a bottle of red down on the beach not really an option over there.

Michael

Straight away, he wouldn’t be on that kind of money if he went there.

turbo

To be honest with the goo fest over Borello at the moment and after the friendlies I get the feeling Borello is now in front of the Dingo. Has the Dingo just ticked off a bucket list by going to a WC and is now content?
I doubt he is content but he may see the writing on the wall from his time with Arnold.

I’m still of the opinion that Cummings gives us a different kind of forward that we need to have up our sleeve to help break down tougher opponents or tackle a game a different way. Borello is more of a Duke type player that he can wind up and point him at the ball or last man, in crazy form at the moment mind you.

Problem is we can’t hope to switch to a supporting striker without actually practicing it and the limited minutes Arnold has given Cummings have not given him the chance to shine. Especially at the World Cup whilst being mauled by France. I think these recent friendlies were an opportunity lost in that respect.

Wombat

Continuing the raid on Western for Seb Pasquali would be good.

Would love to have Scott Galloway back or Stefan Nigro, both haven't been getting much gametime.

Stefan Colakovski has seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth, same with Terry Antonis, wouldn't mind either of them.

Jaiden Kurcharski seems to be another destined for the Corica scrap heap. If we couldn't get him a minimum wage deal for Patrick Wood would be interesting.

Don't know what's going on with Al Hassan Toure at the Bulls but he seems to be on the outer with Mile Sterjovski, wouldn't mind us going after him.

If we could get Joe Knowles or minimum wage he could be a decent option of the bench.

Bernardo seems to have been leapfrogged by Adelaide's other starlets, could be another to chase.

Pierce Waring is leading the NPL Victoria Golden boot, definitely at least worth a trial. Same with Josh Hope and maybe Yitay Towns, Marcus Schroen, Anthony Pantazopoulos, Josh Bingham.
Bingham and Nigro are backward steps tbh.

Omni

If that is what he holds in high regard then yes, it's not for everyone though. From what I've seen he and his partner like the freedom to go places and enjoy the country side so a gated community may not be high on their priority list. Pizza and a bottle of red down on the beach not really an option over there.
I mean you could in some places

Omni

The reality is footballers only have a short time to make money that needs to last the rest of their lives. I’m never going to fault someone for leaving for money, I’ve left jobs for much smaller pay increases than we’re talking about here. I still hope he doesn’t go but best of luck to the guy.

Ads

So to confirm do we think the club would get a decent fee for Cummings?

Or did I read he might have a free release clause?

Ads

Likely we have prepared to make the money.

Presumably still have Tulio, Moreshe, DWH, Silvera, Beni, Durate, L Bayliss, Theo who are all capable of scoring goals.

+ Nizzy the goal machine
+ Ballard that should have shot and scored

Will be an interesting off season to see who else we buy and sell

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member