• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Avoca

If the Northern Beaches cluster and the one Central Coast Covid positive result are the tip of the iceberg the A League may be halted-what a mess! Let's hope this ain't so and our NPL standard team can do the Jets NPL standard team.
Let’s hope it doesn’t get worse. Teams could potentially leave Sydney and form hubs elsewhere. EG: Newcastle & Wollongong would see more games.

marinermick

His YouTube highlights list him as a defensive midfielder. Played deep in the highlights but looks mobile. Looks a very similar player to Ollie.

turbo

DDS usually works hard but contributes nearly nothing and stalls attacks.
I consider him only bench-worthy until he shows me otherwise.
I doubt the coaching staff will see it that way and will start him regularly still but I disagree.
I feel DDS has suffered from our lack of creativity and quality going forward. It’s clear we were hoping he would be the player to provide those options but he hasn’t been providing that final ball. Maybe, and it’s a big maybe we can get more out of him if that pressure is relieved and he plays more of a box to box role. He works a lot in defence and often drops back to pick up the ball but that places him in direct competition with Oli, Stens (a different kind of player) and Nisbet (similar to DDS in some ways).

How he performs this season will have a big bearing on where his career goes from here. If he finds himself relegated to a bench role with us of all teams his options and earning power plummet. I’ve got no doubt he’ll get a gig but whether it’s bench or starting is very much up in the air.

Insertnamehere

If the Northern Beaches cluster and the one Central Coast Covid positive result are the tip of the iceberg the A League may be halted-what a mess! Let's hope this ain't so and our NPL standard team can do the Jets NPL standard team.
And I'd just planned a trip down to the coast for this coming week. FFS.

Insertnamehere

I feel DDS has suffered from our lack of creativity and quality going forward. It’s clear we were hoping he would be the player to provide those options but he hasn’t been providing that final ball. Maybe, and it’s a big maybe we can get more out of him if that pressure is relieved and he plays more of a box to box role. He works a lot in defence and often drops back to pick up the ball but that places him in direct competition with Oli, Stens (a different kind of player) and Nisbet (similar to DDS in some ways).

How he performs this season will have a big bearing on where his career goes from here. If he finds himself relegated to a bench role with us of all teams his options and earning power plummet. I’ve got no doubt he’ll get a gig but whether it’s bench or starting is very much up in the air.
I reckon you're right re DDS. We have expected too much creativity from him, but neither party has learnt to pare that back. He still tries to tricky dicky shit and noone seems to have bailed him up and said 'pass and run'

marinermick

I reckon you're right re DDS. We have expected too much creativity from him, but neither party has learnt to pare that back. He still tries to tricky dicky shit and noone seems to have bailed him up and said 'pass and run'

It’s there but he has fallen away badly. I watched a game in Wellington a couple of years where he was just supreme. Every pass stuck, he was everywhere on the park and had a goal and an assist.

Backed it the next week at home to put us to fourth I think. All downhill from there.

One brief week of brilliance in an otherwise shit shower.

Wombat

And I'd just planned a trip down to the coast for this coming week. FFS.

Dont worry. They are on top of things. There will be a bit of anti Sydney hysteria and then hopefully back to normal in a couple of days.

We had a record day today so I think the Coast will be jumping this Christmas season.

The Coast was fairly unaffected during the peak of the original pandemic so I really wouldn't be too stressed.

midfielder

Heard this bloke is on the market and willing to come to the A-League...the Drive Bys were considering him...

Shaun if this guy is available and can be got for Ziggy money... worth a look...

Costa Rica CB 32 years old with lots of MLS and Central American experience

Pirate Pete

Dont worry. They are on top of things. There will be a bit of anti Sydney hysteria and then hopefully back to normal in a couple of days.

We had a record day today so I think the Coast will be jumping this Christmas season.

The Coast was fairly unaffected during the peak of the original pandemic so I really wouldn't be too stressed.
I really think we'll have to see how the Killcare / Wagstaffe case goes first.
Rumoured to be two cases, but I'm not sure about that.
Killcare beach shut today. All the things at the surf club off this weekend.

Everyone does realise we are no longer playing the under 23's tomorrow do they?
https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/event-update-carols-coast

marinermick

Ancient Mariner

Nisbett passes, DDS runs into dead ends. The only similarity may be in the ground covered. Niz is a great DM with great vision. I am still not sure what DDS is.

Ancient Mariner

We have Bouman, DDS and Olly.
From what I have seen DDS is not the CAM we are looking for. Maybe Olly could play the role but I see him as our first pick DM. I am not a fan of playing your best player out of position. As MIck points out, also says Jankovic from his highlights reel appears to play deep as well. Hopefully he can play #10 with Bouman as a backup. However I am talking of a traditional #10. With 4 2 2 2 it looks like 2 DMs and 2 AMs.
A lot will depend on the formation Staj has them play. I am worried that if he plays 4 2 2 2 again that the players will be able to cope. With this formation you need to have a lot of movement and all players must have enough vision and perception to cover the gaps that appear with the movement.
From what I could see last year many players had trouble fitting in to this structure. Nizz was one who seemed to understand it and covered a lot of ground and was more often than not in the right place. He also could see where others should be.
A lot will depend on how well they are trained and how well they can execute the plan.

I do not have a great football background nor do I have any coaching quals. However viewing from on high gives a good view of the whole field and unlike tv shows more than just around the ball.

I would be interested to hear views from others who know more about the game whether I am talking crap or whether I have understood a bit of Staj's tactics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred