• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Corsair

Astonishing news about Ziggy. However I'm not that upset, he was mostly talk and actually not that great. He made some howlers last season that resulted in goals against us and he's a year older.

I can see why he'd want to leave, he got slower and more unfit as the season progressed, which seems to happen to all our foreign players. He'd have been surrounded by kids 10 years his junior.

I was thinking maybe i wont renew at all but actually at least I'll be guaranteed to see loads of goals....just at the wrong end.

I expect it won't be long before we see the back of Staj one way or another. When what we probably really need is someone with experience from a better club who can negotiate and close deals more effectively. Very poor to be in this position with so few players and lack of experience in the squad. Not taking away from our excellent youth talent, but they cant do it all by themselves.

Everyone now expects us to go on a losing streak and spoon again, very hard to change that mindset with the same old faces at the top.

Corsair

At least Janota showreel looks decent. Good movement and positional awareness. He looks like he's not afraid to score.

Ozhammer

This looks our likely run-on team for the next few weeks…

Can someone at the forum ask how we have managed to be in this position…

-------------------------Birighitti------------------------------
Miller ………..Nigro---------- Rowles------------Hall …
--------------Nisbet------------------Bozanic-----------------
De Silva---------Bouman -----Stensness ----------

-------------------- Kuol ---------

Subs
Hatch, Tongyik, Simon

Coming..
Known Michal Janota

Maybe Coming
Two more visa players
One maybe two senior Australian players.
Nitro at CB? I don’t think so....

Josho Howe

Still trying to figure out why WSW even bothered signing Zig. They're already pretty stocked with defenders. Using a visa on a player who plays in positions you've already got covered is just strange.

WSW has stuffed over 3 clubs with the Troisi, Zig, and expected Bernie signing. Thanks, more reason to hate them.

Edit: I see this has already been said in another thread. Typical me.

FFC Mariner

Robinson apparently tried to sign him in the MLS - obviously sees something few others do. I would have said that no other AL team would have him as a visa player - looks like I was wrong.
Troisi
Bernie
Ziggy
Not exactly what you want to spunk large amounts of cap on. Troisi was Adelaides highest paid player. Bernie was the scums'.

Coastalraider

Robinson apparently tried to sign him in the MLS - obviously sees something few others do. I would have said that no other AL team would have him as a visa player - looks like I was wrong.
Troisi
Bernie
Ziggy
Not exactly what you want to spunk large amounts of cap on. Troisi was Adelaides highest paid player. Bernie was the scums'.
I see your point, but every one of those players is a big step up on anyone else we have in those positions. Is it ok to feel pissed and jealous at the same time?!?

localpom

Nitro at CB? I don’t think so..

This looks our likely run-on team for the next few weeks…

Can someone at the forum ask how we have managed to be in this position…

-------------------------Birighitti------------------------------
Miller ………..Nigro---------- Rowles------------Hall …
--------------Nisbet------------------Bozanic-----------------
De Silva---------Bouman -----Stensness ----------

-------------------- Kuol ---------

Subs
Hatch, Tongyik, Simon

Coming..
Known Michal Janota

Maybe Coming
Two more visa players
One maybe two senior Australian pl
That's pretty depressing reading. Great kids but we have literally no experience there save Ollie. You would have to add Clisby to LB and Matty to start. We desperately need 4 quality starting players ASAP.

Tevor

According to the video of Lawrie posted on the Jets thread, Ibini was Newcastle’s highest paid player! :oops:
Not surprised by that, Ziggy was probably our 2nd highest paid and I’m sure Troisi was close to the Reds highest after others left for overseas. Plenty of $$$$ at the drive byes it seems. It was a real cash splash just before the start.

Big Al

Still trying to figure out why WSW even bothered signing Zig. They're already pretty stocked with defenders. Using a visa on a player who plays in positions you've already got covered is just strange.

WSW has stuffed over 3 clubs with the Troisi, Zig, and expected Bernie signing. Thanks, more reason to hate them.

Edit: I see this has already been said in another thread. Typical me.
Wasn’t Gorjeski (woeful attempt) wanting out of WSW? Is that why they want Zig. Zig may prefer to play RB as shit as he is at it than CB.

Avoca

I can’t see Ziggy having much game time at WSW. At the Wanderers, he’ll be a little fish in a big bowl. Here, at the Mariners, he was a cult character, but because he’s reputation is now tainted, I doubt WSW will include him in any leadership groups. For Ziggy, a man who craves respect, this will be a harsh lesson.

Big Al

Troisi
Bernie
Ziggy
Are WSW showing there hand that overseas players are to hard to get and are taking quality aussies in Ibini and Trosi over visa players that may not make it for quite a while.
They have the striker and i am not sure how many other visa players.

Big Al

At least Janota showreel looks decent. Good movement and positional awareness. He looks like he's not afraid to score.
Just watched the club video.
looks like a more mobile version of Duric. Lethal from distance (i am sure he missed 100 more he didn’t score but can crack
them).
and can take a penalty (maybe the end really is close for Simon)

Corsair

looks like a more mobile version of Duric.
That's exactly what i thought. Watching it i was thinking actually the passing is good enough that he might give Simon a chance. Matty can finish he's just not very dynamic in movement anymore if he goal hangs and gets the ball passed to his feet...maybe.

How desperate is this.. lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred