• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

style_cafe

Pirate Pete

Has the fans forum been cancelled yet?

Oh, actually I just realised I have the invite emailed to me. Obviously still on at the moment

But, I didn't realise that the questions would only be the ones already summited.
Unless there is time at the end. There won't be.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

They`ll be a lot of booing when we play WSW

Courage he says...
More like cowardice to me,taking the easy option to leave his mates in the face of battle.
Well F**k Ziggy Gordon.
There`s no honour in what he has done, William Wallace would be turning in his grave...:fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup:
LtOz.gif

shipwreck

It's pretty obvious how this turn of events happened.
1. Ziegler gets citizenship
2. WSW, hmmm we have an extra visa now? Who is around that we could easily steal within a few days and doesn't even have to move.
3. CCM get shat on.

I'm not buying into the whole "well atleast they're trying to better their own situation" bullshit, this is clear cut violation of business ethics, if we had a transfer system in place is say it was fair but to simply poach under contract players knowing you can get a free release with loopholes and shady Doctors etc is absolutely uncool.

Big Al

I think we should thank Ziggy.
1. he wasn’t very good but people loved his attitude (now everybody can see that was fake)
2. Dan Hall is maybe closer to some game time. He is the future at that the back. We not winning shit so blood him.

Last edited:

Drew

This club man seriously! ? beyond ridiculous that they allow things like this to happen! the only way the club can make it up to us fans is by signing a very good CB replacement, but we all know that’s not gonna happen. We may as well just forfeit this season and go compete in npl, we will be lucky to get 3 wins this year with our current squad, while janota is a good signing, the timing of the announcement is absolutely terrible and was done to try and cover Ziggy leaving, get keen for another spoon this year! ?

Tim

I am a lawyer by profession and it’s pretty clear to me that a “binding contract” in the A-League is anything but - clearly there’s no sanctity in contracts in this competition or they are drafted in a manner that invites (and permits) a party to seek “mutual termination” at the drop of a hat. Further, surely there are A-League conduct rules in place to prevent clubs approaching contracted players and “encouraging” them to request termination with their current club?

As for the manner in which certain clubs have gone about their off-season recruitment in 2020...

Wombat

I'm expecting them to announce a quality CB tonight. They have a history of ineptitude but I think they have let him go for a reason. We killed ourselves last year not having an experienced CB and sacrificed our best defensive Mid to fill the Void. I refuse to believe they would allow another Pikey fuelled debacle to happen again this year.

shipwreck

I'm expecting them to announce a quality CB tonight. They have a history of ineptitude but I think they have let him go for a reason. We killed ourselves last year not having an experienced CB and sacrificed our best defensive Mid to fill the Void. I refuse to believe they would allow another Pikey fuelled debacle to happen again this year.
I'd love that too bro, but if that was the case why rush the Janota announcement?

Big Al

I am a lawyer by profession and it’s pretty clear to me that a “binding contract” in the A-League is anything but - clearly there’s no sanctity in contracts in this competition or they are drafted in a manner that invites (and permits) a party to seek “mutual termination” at the drop of a hat. Further, surely there are A-League conduct rules in place to prevent clubs approaching contracted players and “encouraging” them to request termination with their current club?

As for the manner in which certain clubs have gone about their off-season recruitment in 2020...
Until the players are getting screwed then it’s all about the contract

shipwreck

This 100%. Is there anything in place saying that if a club approaches an under contract player who then subsequently requests a contract termination is a violation of conduct? If there isn't... There should be

midfielder

This looks our likely run-on team for the next few weeks…

Can someone at the forum ask how we have managed to be in this position…

-------------------------Birighitti------------------------------
Miller ………..Nigro---------- Rowles------------Hall …
--------------Nisbet------------------Bozanic-----------------
De Silva---------Bouman -----Stensness ----------

-------------------- Kuol ---------

Subs
Hatch, Tongyik, Simon

Coming..
Known Michal Janota

Maybe Coming
Two more visa players
One maybe two senior Australian players.

Last edited:

turbo

The problem is the small clubs dont have the funding to carry expensive dead weights if they crack the sads and just half arse it out of protest. Burgess wanted out of WU but they have the resources for Rudan to play hardball. We don't, Newcastle dont, Adelaide had troisi on a back ended deal so they weren't prepared to put 300k in to having him sooking and going missing more than usual.

If you have millions of dollars and no salary cap you'd tell them to go play NYL until they change their tune.

More chance of us fast tracking one of those NPL visa players like Sekiya at this point.

pjennings

This looks our likely run-on team for the next few weeks…

Can someone at the forum ask how we have managed to be in this position…

-------------------------Birighitti------------------------------
Miller ………..Nigro---------- Rowles------------Hall …
--------------Nisbet------------------Bozanic-----------------
De Silva---------Bouman -----Stensness ----------

-------------------- Kuol ---------

Subs
Hatch, Hall, Tongyik, Simon

Coming..
Known Michal Janota

Maybe Coming
Two more visa players
One maybe two senior Australian players.
With that back 4 it would more likely be

Miller--------Hall---------- Rowles------------Nigro

Blackadder

Wish I could share your optimism, the club is a clusterf**k and until the arms of Pikey grow to reach his pockets, as long as he is involved with the club it will continue to be the same way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred