• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
As relates to Izzo, I've said it before and I will keep saying it, some of the blame has to go back onto Nash don't it, izz does some bonz reflex saves but it's the rest of his game that's got a case of the shits

pjennings

Apparently we didn't put our name in the hat to try and recruit Rhys Williams.
http://www.sportingnews.com/list/46...-socceroos-utility-rhys-williams/slide/446366
Bonevacia also wants out of the Phoenix as well. He'd be an amazing signing.

Bonevacia has been great for Wellington and I'd take him in a minute. As to the veracity of the reports I am pretty sure that 'the secret agent' or at least a lot of the information is Tony Rallis's work. As such I read it with a rather large grain of salt.

Wombat

Izzo has played much better than Pasfield did for us and he is still a kid who won't reach his potential for years yet. What i like about Izzo (much like Matty) is that he hasn't let the situation get to him and seems very driven to improve his game week to week. It's not ideal he has been blooded in our worst ever season where he has been under constant pressure. Agree that it was a season too early for him but he will be a better keeper for that. I don't really understand the hate for the kid....someone has to be a scapegoat i guess.

Redders, pasfield, izzo, trott have all been poor.

The annoyance with Izzo is he doesnt get dropped when he has a shocker (most weeks) so that frustration has started to turn into abuse.
The hard thing is both the new keepers looked superior in their cameos.
So either TW is an idiot or we are missing the full picture.

pjennings

Redders, pasfield, izzo, trott have all been poor.

The annoyance with Izzo is he doesnt get dropped when he has a shocker (most weeks) so that frustration has started to turn into abuse.
The hard thing is both the new keepers looked superior in their cameos.
So either TW is an idiot or we are missing the full picture.

I agree that Bray looked a far more complete keeper than Izzo and on the little I've seen I would be choosing him. Given that we have, for all intents and purposes secured our first spoon I can see no reason not to use Bray for the next few weeks (barring his current injury) to give him an opportunity to see if he has what it takes.

Tom HB on the other hand I'm not so convinced with yet. He has the making of being a very good keeper. However, in the Geelong 3-3 game, in spite of not conceding from a corner I had my heart in my mouth every time Victory had a corner (all 15 of them). His confidence in this aspect of his game needs to improve. He may well show the requisite ability at the lower level and just needs confidence to be more confident when he steps up.

Wombat

With respect Pat.
Our defending is so poor at any set piece....that my heart is always in my mouth.
The 18yo is very raw but looks the equal of Izzo.
Bray looks superior.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
we all remember Tinkers first game...who among us didnt think "wow he shits all over Izzo" (at least for a moment or two)....of course that could be "New Face " syndrome at work

dibo

...or he's played in 9 games there and only just had a good game and scored his first goal, so maybe our coaching staff were right?

It's not like his career stats indicate he's been a superstar anywhere. He's past the point where he can afford to be a promising youngster, he needs to start producing.

Ditto for Caceres.

FFC Mariner

One good game says nothing. I remember he scored for us once as well.
Still not up to starting standard. Reasonable squadie.

Agree completely. Every so often he would score an absolute screamer (Brisbane away) and we would think he has arrived.

Then nothing for 6 months.

Squaddie at best.

gull

...or he's played in 9 games there and only just had a good game and scored his first goal, so maybe our coaching staff were right?

It's not like his career stats indicate he's been a superstar anywhere. He's past the point where he can afford to be a promising youngster, he needs to start producing.

Ditto for Caceres.

I would argue that he performed last night. He made some great passes, positioning was good, and he scored a nice goal.

Admittedly the Adelaide coach got his selections wrong, and he wasn't up against a quality left back, but it was by far the best he's played in a long time.

We'll see if it's a one-off next week.

Rowdy

My bad, just scrolled down to see that only 9 teams listed and assumed the usual media treatment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred