• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
NEWAUSSIECAPT0002_zps385f4313.jpg

midfielder

Given this was as much a trial as anything else for spots ... Ryan left with a clean sheet ... Mitch and Brad sent off and four goals ... Difficult to see Ryan not being given the starting spot..

Big Al

Given this was as much a trial as anything else for spots ... Ryan left with a clean sheet ... Mitch and Brad sent off and four goals ... Difficult to see Ryan not being given the starting spot..
Yep unless he suddenly looses confidence he is definately No. 1 - His distribution is a big plus
Mitch will be 2IC (Bad miss today)
3rd Keeper - Best seats in the house with no responsibility might have opened up a bit. I don't rate Jones Eugene for me

VicMariner

The half Ryan was keeper was totally different to the other two boys but the fact remains, the two or three times Ryan was called into action he was calm, assured and effective. Plus his distribution is valuable.
Langerak did himself no favours. That was not a slick move.
Jones made some good saves but looked shaky IMO.

I agree with Big Al, Ryan No.1 and give Galekovic a run and shot at No.2, after all he is getting regular game time, the others simply are not.

eenfish

Theo is Greek, isn't he?

But Ante has World Cup history. So does Eugene. Either of those two would be good. Personally, I'd be inclined to take Federici.

nebakke

Good lord! Theo would be worse than Hugene... Actually... That's not fair, I do rate Galekovic, but as previously mentioned, I also reckon that he is guaranteed to give away at least one goal per game against an opponent who can actually hit the target (so... NOT us!)... On the upside, he moves up so far at times, that he might actually score one day.
But Theo... THEO!??? He shouldn't even be playing for Brisbane, let alone for the Socceroos, the guy is well past it and makes some insane decisions sometimes.... In case you're in doubt, I don't rate him at all since his Samsonesque name change.
Covic probably not a bad idea, or give Vuk a run for it, seeing as it's third keeper anyway, although his temper could be expensive if he ever got to play.

eenfish

Lets be honest, we're only gonna be playing 3 matches. Give Ryan the gig in the first two, Mitch the third match (unless we some how pick up a win and have a sniff at qualification), and our third bloke is simply just a injury cover.

nebakke

Actually, fair point eenfish - I think I got a little overexcited myself... I don't actually think Langerak should be dumped just because of a red card in a friendly, these things happen... I think his lack of game time does meant that it could've been worth looking move him down the list, except I'm not sure that there's anyone better than him, on-a-whole.

eenfish

Totally agree with that. Nobody plays in a league as high as him, and he does have exposure to the Champions League this season. Mat Ryan's got the regular playing time in a top Euro division, nobody else has that not even Mitch.

Depends on what Ange wants, I guess. Everyone here would pick Maty every day of the week, but go to Melbourne Victory forum and they'd all pick Mitch. People probably pick Mitch because BVB is a bit more visible than Club Brugge, but nothing is more visible than shutting out a side in your 45 minutes whilst the other guy gunning for the job gets a red card in a Socceroos match.

nebakke

Totally agree with that. Nobody plays in a league as high as him, and he does have exposure to the Champions League this season. Mat Ryan's got the regular playing time in a top Euro division, nobody else has that not even Mitch.

Yeah... But then... They also follow Melbourne Victory and their coach is Kevin Muscat so really... What do they know? ;)

Big Al

Ange dumped Covic from MV so he definately won't be No 3

No. 3 should be a keeper playing week in week out in case disaster strikes & they need to play.

Langerak in No2. Has been good for BVB when plays & is prob our 2nd best keeper - Beats the should be playing rule because of talent & won't play unless Ange gives him the 3rd game for experience because we are out.

Eugene was great in the East Asia mauling against S Korea. Federici I like has lost his spot, Jones sucks so Eugene for me.

Reactions: tsd

bikinigirl

. i didn't see the game the other day but i wouldn't have a problem with jones going ... if for nothing other than sentimental reasons. considering people think it is a purely passengers position anyway

. of course if that was to happen you know he would be called upon ... so to continue the fairytale:
  • ryan starts as no. 1 in the first two games ... is handed a yellow card in each for time wasting (protecting our lead)
  • langerak starts in the third game ... but is sent off once again, this time jones saves the penalty to send us through to the next round
  • maty comes back in as first choice and scores the winner in a shootout

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred