• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

eenfish

Oh boy can see it now… Sainsbury and Wilko as starting CB due for Australia at the World Cup and Asian Cup!

Okay, Asian Cup is a possibility, but my money is on Ognenovsky, Spiranovic and Lucas sharing the duties, and doing not so spectacularly.

nebakke

Let's hope he actually gets to play this time... I know it's the life of a footballer, but seems a bit harsh to fly him out this late in the piece, just to have him warm the bench again.
Besides... I REALLY want to see him in Green and Gold :D

Roy Law

Great news for Danny (do we get a cut of the fee? LOL); unlike last time he went overseas (not including Welly) he knows the coach isn't going to dump him from a great height. He could make the Socceroos at this rate ;)

VicMariner

eenfish

Should do well, even more reason to watch VS now.

I wonder if Arnie tried to sign Galekovic? Would have been my first choice as far as HAL keepers go.
Probably didn't have a big enough crow bar to get him out of Adelaide??

Adelaide would never loan him and would only sell him for top dollar. As far as A-League keepers go, he is pretty irreplaceable.

MagpieMariner

I didn't think he was too bad. His back four were the problem. I didn't think any of the goals were his fault, and he very nearly saved their 2nd, or should I say he very nearly capitalised on their stuff-up. It wasn't a bad effort seeing it was a two-on-one.

nebakke

Should do well, even more reason to watch VS now.

I wonder if Arnie tried to sign Galekovic? Would have been my first choice as far as HAL keepers go.
Probably didn't have a big enough crow bar to get him out of Adelaide??

I was thinking about this... Tbh, my personal view on Galekovic is that, while obviously an excellent keeper, he and Theo, tend to invite at LEAST one goal per game by suddenly switching off their brains for a minute-or-so and running WELL outside the box to get to a ball that they don't necessarily need to run for.
In many cases, they get away with it OK but...
I'm thinking that it might be a different story in the J-league... That maybe they only get away with it because of the relative quality of our league... Vuk might not always have the best saves, but looking at him over the last season of two, he doesn't tend to sweep much either and so, I think he tends to think of the box as the limit ;)
I'm wondering whether that could leave him as at least, a middling keeper, in J-league terms with perhaps, some growth potential... Which isn't too bad if you know that he's likely to at least not INVITE goals ;)

tsd

On the other end of the spectrum, pedj Bojic, who has missed half the season for Sydney so far, is about to announce he needs back surgery.

Bullet dodged

Golly

pedj Bojic, who has missed half the season for Sydney so far, is about to announce he needs back surgery.

really its gone that far up!
well no surprise really most who join sydney are up themselves

UnitedsNo9

Thinking back to Mile's humble beginnings starting off with us where he was commuting while not being paid, wondering if it would all be worth it. Mile is probably the best example of decent stepping stones in recent times. NSW PL > MARINERS XI> best player in A-league > regular starting player in european league with Genclerbiligi > Championship > Captain > EPL> EPL Captain > CAPTAIN of AUSTRALIA.... forgive me if I've missed some steps but much deserved granted this has taken only what 5 years or so.. Shows the character of this club legend and I couldn't be happier for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred