• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

PEC

G'day Pec "skippy" will get better as he learns your style .
I see Stefan Nijland wear's your No 10 jersey .
how do you rate him ? I was disappointed when he played for Brisbane .

When Nijland was young he earned a transfer to PSV Eindhoven. I guess they hoped for a similar career for him as Arjen Robben who also came from FC Groningen. But he is turning out to be a player that will never fulfill his promise. I guess he didn't have the luck at PSV. He went on loan to Willem II for half a season, during which they almost relegated. The next season he went on loan to NEC Nijmegen where he didn't get a lot of playing time. Of course as a supporter of Zwolle I hope he will change that, but I'm not expecting anything. He has a good touch on the ball, but he misses intensity and I've never seen the true will to win with this one. I believe the reason he earned a contract with PEC Zwolle is because of our headcoach Ron Jans. When he was headcoach of FC Groningen Nijland made his debut. I guess Jans is hoping for the same thing as me, but has more confidence. Although he hasn't had much playing time at Zwolle either.

Capt. Awesome

Oh no.....

@Tsainsbury92: Out for up to 3/4 weeks. Fracture in knee cap from landing on sprinkler during match vs Utrecht! S#%t happens.

That's sucks so bad.

true believer

thanks PEC , Nijland scared the life out of me when he turned out for Brisbane .
they are the mariners boogie team . but like a lot of loan players , that arrive
in Australia (oz) they seem to resent being here .
cheers again.

eenfish

We all know his quality, if he can come back quick enough to full fitness he'll be able to impress in the time he does get and he'll get more time accordingly.

Ange'll be mad if he doesn't pick Trent for the World Cup. Gotta get the kid ready for the very winnable Asian Cup.

PEC

What a week! We beat Utrecht, but lose Sainsbury making it 7 injured players at the moment of which 3 are CB! Then we draw against Ajax, with clearly not our best eleven on the pitch, but in the second half we hit the post and the bar within 3 seconds. Ajaxcoach Frank de Boer stated after the game: "In the end, we should be glad that we didn't lose." It's such a shame Trent is injured, he could have played himself into the squad. I know that two other CB's that are also injured for 3 to 4 weeks, but have already been recovering for a week or two. I guess it's not going to be easy to get into the squad as his first game.

PEC

PEC how was Tesco playing before the injury?

In my humble opinion Sainsbury played alright especially as it was his first game for the club. He wasn't doing magical things, but that's ok. Our public newsagency speaks of 'poor defending by Trent Sainsbury' prior to the 1-0, I disagree. Midfielder Klich passed the ball to Utrecht making the counterattack even possible. If I would say more about how he was playing before the injury I wouldn't be telling the truth. I need a couple of games to judge a player. But based on his first 72 minutes he did alright.

promdi442

In my humble opinion Sainsbury played alright especially as it was his first game for the club. He wasn't doing magical things,
He rarely does "magical" things but more the "thank goodness he was there" things during a game. Not very many CB's do magical things during games.
He will fit in very well as the season continues and he gets over the injury. Looking forward to your continued reports.

Big Al

Better yet he wont do - Oh F***ING God what was he thinking.

While you can't tell if someone is good after 72mins you can tell that there bad & in over there head. So sounds like this didn't occur or your being nice to us which is good.

So the speed of the game wasn't to much for him or he didn't look out of place that is a good start if that's what you are saying

style_cafe

In my humble opinion Sainsbury played alright especially as it was his first game for the club. He wasn't doing magical things, but that's ok. Our public newsagency speaks of 'poor defending by Trent Sainsbury' prior to the 1-0, I disagree. Midfielder Klich passed the ball to Utrecht making the counterattack even possible. If I would say more about how he was playing before the injury I wouldn't be telling the truth. I need a couple of games to judge a player. But based on his first 72 minutes he did alright.
Thanks PEC we all look forward to your updates

PEC

Better yet he wont do - Oh F***ING God what was he thinking.

While you can't tell if someone is good after 72mins you can tell that there bad & in over there head. So sounds like this didn't occur or your being nice to us which is good.

So the speed of the game wasn't to much for him or he didn't look out of place that is a good start if that's what you are saying

Clearly he coped. We have an excellent Technical Director, Gerard Nijkamp. He worked as scout for Netherlands U21/U19/U18 and was assistant coach to the Dutch U21 team that won the UEFA U-21 Championship in 2006 and 2007. He has connections all over the world and all the players that have been coming to Zwolle so far have raised the level of the squad, so it never crossed my mind that he wouldn't be good enough.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
fark moi...poor tesco, wonder what fkn odds Sportsbet would give you of that happening ?...I have to ask though, isnt it too cold to be using the sprinklers?...and (or) the head groundsman is legally blind...i'm sure the boys at BT know if a sprinkler is busted

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred