• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

PEC

From what I understand is that they have only 4 CBs. Two are currently out injured which means Trent should start. The next two games are against Ajax and FC Etrecht so a massive test for him. I think he will do very well.,

That's right, al lot of injuries on the other side of the world. Last Saturday we lost two of our CB's. We do have two left, next to Sainsbury, but one of them is 18 and hasn't played all season. On top of that it was announced yesterday that our DM (22 year-old, South-African Kamohelo Mokotjo) will need surgery and is out for 10 weeks, which makes it even more likely that Sainsbury will play. And all this with a heavy schedule in prospect. Thursday away at Utrecht (they played against Ajax yesterday which resulted in a 1-1 draw) and on Sunday at home against Ajax.

style_cafe

Hi PEC, welcome to our forum & thanks for the information.
Players like Tesco are coveted by the Mariner`s fans. He`s a good lad,a fine player & he`ll be a bonus to your team.
We`ll enjoy following his career with you although I don`t think he`ll look as good in your shirts as the girls in your pic....

Lowlander

Hahaha, thanks! It's not all me though, some credit must go to google translate.
There is a good reason people know little about the Dutch Eredivisie. It is known by pessimists as the Mickey Mouse league since we can't match the leagues around us, and in most cases probably never will. For instance the EPL, the Primera Division, the Bundesliga, Serie A, the French Ligue 1 and even the Portuguese and the Russians are doing better at the moment. On the other hand, optimists say, that makes us an ideal stopover for future stars on their way to the top. Romario, Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), Ibrahimovic they all played in the Eredivisie.
Next to that we seem to be pretty good at scouting and developing young athletes. In my opinion I think we could be compared to Australia. Both countries have like 20 mill inhabitants but nonetheless excell in sports.
Our coach (Ron Jans), who just signed a new contract, has a teaching background (I've always preferred coaches with an educational background). He's a great guy, which is not of the greatest importance, but I guess if Trent seems shy he is a coach that will try to make him feel right at home.

Question: If you would compare Trent Sainsbury to a more well-known player, who would that be?

Welkom op het CCM internet Forum PEC, houd ons nog even op de hoogte hoe Tesco zig in de Eredivisie aanpast

I think you are selling the Eredivisie a little short, its a very good league.

eenfish

Agreed. Ajax is still very highly rated, as far as I'm concerned, and much respect to others like PSV and Utrecht (for having some Aussies). People in the know in football know to keep an eye on the Eredivisie. Netherlands is a factory of talented of players and always has been, nobody with half a brain would ever underestimate the Dutch.
Plus even look at the Dutch players who have played in the A-League recently. Zwaansijk is probably the best defender in A-League's history, and Jaliens and Engelaar have both shown their quality, some other Dutch players not so much though.

Reactions: PEC

PEC

Hi PEC, welcome to our forum & thanks for the information.
Players like Tesco are coveted by the Mariner`s fans. He`s a good lad,a fine player & he`ll be a bonus to your team.
We`ll enjoy following his career with you although I don`t think he`ll look as good in your shirts as the girls in your pic....

I hope he plays on Thursday! Ahh yes, the girls...

true believer

I hope he plays on Thursday! Ahh yes, the girls...
hay pec you know we want the highlights package . it doesn't matter if it's in dutch
that sort of makes it even better.
like the spainish do the goooooooooooooooooooal thing . don't your guys go
tooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ?

cheers

sydmariner

hay pec you know we want the highlights package . it doesn't matter if it's in dutch

cheers
I think that they show Dutch league games over here on stetanta

PEC

cheers

Hahaha, no that's German. We say 'doelpunt' or just goal and our commentators are normally very reserved, except for this goal.

PEC

Hahaha, no that's German. We say 'doelpunt' or just goal and our commentators are normally very reserved, except for this goal.

This is legendary stuff in Holland! I know people that actually have this as their alarm on their alarm clock. Still gives me goosebumps. Couldn't find one with better quality unfortunately, but that's the nineties for ya.
Perhaps some of you can hear that the commentator (Jack van Gelder) just before the pass by Frank De Boer says that he has a feeling that the Netherlands are gonna go through to the semi-final. "Nederland... Nederland gaat in de halve finale komen. Ik heb opeens zo'n gevoel dat we in de halve finale gaan komen." What a moment to say something like that! And of course repeating his name over and over after the goal is scored, like he is having an orgasm. But I guess that why this sport is so great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred