• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

PEC

Anyone know when Trent's knee will be OK to play on...

I expected him to be back on the pitch by now. It was said that the injury would take 3 to 4 weeks, but that was in February. Since then it has been very quiet. I hope he'll be able to play this season. On another note, PEC Zwolle plays an important game tonight, semi-final of the cup against NEC Nijmegen. The chance of getting in the final is big since we play at home. If Ajax wins the other semi-final against AZ Alkmaar, PEC Zwolle will play in the Europa League next season which would be a first for the club.

Big Al

I expected him to be back on the pitch by now. It was said that the injury would take 3 to 4 weeks, but that was in February. Since then it has been very quiet. I hope he'll be able to play this season. On another note, PEC Zwolle plays an important game tonight, semi-final of the cup against NEC Nijmegen. The chance of getting in the final is big since we play at home. If Ajax wins the other semi-final against AZ Alkmaar, PEC Zwolle will play in the Europa League next season which would be a first for the club.
Goodluck - Reading twitter he ducts the question on the knee abit. Must have been worse than first thought & being new do you think they might just shelve him for the season & let him heal properly & train with the team to learn more of the teams style etc? How are the guy's in his position going?

PEC

Goodluck - Reading twitter he ducts the question on the knee abit. Must have been worse than first thought & being new do you think they might just shelve him for the season & let him heal properly & train with the team to learn more of the teams style etc? How are the guy's in his position going?

I have also seen that he doesn't want to respond to the injury. A broken kneecap sounds pretty bad. Healing properly, yes, but I don't think the club is shelving (?) him, since I haven't seen him train with the team since his injury. It's just out of the hands of the club.
The most noteworthy CB's we have are Maikel van der Werff (24), Joost Broerse (34) and Darryl Lachman (24). The last one is leaving after this season to FC Twente. You could say Sainsbury is bought to replace him, although I have the idea that Sainsbury is a different player (more technical, good at passing) than Lachman (strong defender, makes rushes with the ball). Joost Broerse (invisible defender but most of the time in the right place, devastatingly good shot or as I would say in Dutch 'he has a flamethrower in his legs') has just signed a new contract for next season. His current nickname is 'Man of the Match' to give you an idea where he stands. Maikel van der Werff looks like a bouncer in football clothing. His main quality is to eliminate, although he scored the winning goal yesterday. A shot from 30 meters which was poorly dealt with by the goalie. We have some younger CB's, Haico Epe (18) and Steven Fernandes Pereira (19), but they hardly ever play, so I reckon they don't really form a threat to Sainsbury yet. I guess the club will see how the injury is goin to see if PEC needs another CB.

PEC

please explain pec so we know what to watch . your in the Europa league play off ?

Hell yeah! AZ-Ajax 0-1, so Ajax is in the final of the KNVB Beker (like the FA Cup in England). The winner of the KNVB Beker will play in the 4th round of the Europa League play off. Since Ajax is most certainly going to win the Eredivisie (like the Premier League in England) they will play next season in the Champions League. If the winner of the KNVB Beker also has a place in the Champions League then the other finalist of the KNVB Beker (in this case PEC) will take the spot in the Europa League.

PEC

Hell yeah! AZ-Ajax 0-1, so Ajax is in the final of the KNVB Beker (like the FA Cup in England). The winner of the KNVB Beker will play in the 4th round of the Europa League play off. Since Ajax is most certainly going to win the Eredivisie (like the Premier League in England) they will play next season in the Champions League. If the winner of the KNVB Beker also has a place in the Champions League then the other finalist of the KNVB Beker (in this case PEC) will take the spot in the Europa League.

Or in other words: people in Zwolle are not going to work today because of a strange head illness.

eenfish

Also, if I'm reading right, PEC Zwolle haven't got much of a history in the way of winning comps? So this will be their first European adventure then? Never been very competitive in the top league?

Reactions: PEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred