• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

Big Al

I have also seen that he doesn't want to respond to the injury. A broken kneecap sounds pretty bad. Healing properly, yes, but I don't think the club is shelving (?) him, since I haven't seen him train with the team since his injury. It's just out of the hands of the club.
The most noteworthy CB's we have are Maikel van der Werff (24), Joost Broerse (34) and Darryl Lachman (24). The last one is leaving after this season to FC Twente. You could say Sainsbury is bought to replace him, although I have the idea that Sainsbury is a different player (more technical, good at passing) than Lachman (strong defender, makes rushes with the ball). Joost Broerse (invisible defender but most of the time in the right place, devastatingly good shot or as I would say in Dutch 'he has a flamethrower in his legs') has just signed a new contract for next season. His current nickname is 'Man of the Match' to give you an idea where he stands. Maikel van der Werff looks like a bouncer in football clothing. His main quality is to eliminate, although he scored the winning goal yesterday. A shot from 30 meters which was poorly dealt with by the goalie. We have some younger CB's, Haico Epe (18) and Steven Fernandes Pereira (19), but they hardly ever play, so I reckon they don't really form a threat to Sainsbury yet. I guess the club will see how the injury is goin to see if PEC needs another CB.
Cheers
Yeah Trent is different to all of those described - Potentially more dutch could we say - A good passer - good timing on the tackle but no leg breaking bouncer or thunderbolt wanna be striker. I reckon they will shelve him until pre-season due to injury & team playing well without him.

rbakersmith

First day back training with the full squad...
BkNoSLmIMAAK3xC.jpg:small
https://twitter.com/Tsainsbury92/status/451319049398792192/photo/1

eenfish

Good news for all involved!

Also, just a round up, with the extended Socceroos squad announcement getting closer, lets have a look at former Mariners who have a chance to make a spot:

Mile Jedinak (no brainer)
Oli Bozanic (news of him has been quiet, anyone know how he has been? Tough position but may benefit from injuries to Kruse et al)
Maty Ryan (again, no brainer. only question is if he will start all 3 games or just 2)
Alex Wilkinson (unlikely, didn't perform quite well enough in his first cap. Still has a chance if he gets called up to the squad)
Trent Sainsbury (depends if he gets healthy enough for some playing time. Lack of international experience goes against him)
Tom Rogic (his form isn't helping, and how Muscat plays him isn't helping either, but we all know his quality and he may get in on reputation alone)
Cheeky mention… Bernie Ibini? (scoring plenty of goals of late, playing well, worth a shot)

Anyone else? Apart from Reddy, of course. As the best keeper in Australia at the moment he is sure to be worth a shout ;):pirashoot::piralaugh:

Roy Law

Also, just a round up, with the extended Socceroos squad announcement getting closer, lets have a look at former Mariners who have a chance to make a spot:

Anyone else? Apart from Reddy, of course. As the best keeper in Australia at the moment he is sure to be worth a shout ;):pirashoot::piralaugh:

ROFL

style_cafe

Musti..playing regularly with reserves & learning bucket loads.

Bojic - do we need a hat supplier?

Last edited:

Wombat

Just joking PEC.

I've been there but only to the Dam, which is a remarkable place.

Great food, great beer and GREAT smoke.

Reactions: PEC

Big Al

Oli Bozanic (news of him has been quiet, anyone know how he has been? Tough position but may benefit from injuries to Kruse et al)
Maty Ryan (again, no brainer. only question is if he will start all 3 games or just 2)
Alex Wilkinson (unlikely, didn't perform quite well enough in his first cap. Still has a chance if he gets called up to the squad)
Trent Sainsbury (depends if he gets healthy enough for some playing time. Lack of international experience goes against him)
Tom Rogic (his form isn't helping, and how Muscat plays him isn't helping either, but we all know his quality and he may get in on reputation alone)
Cheeky mention… Bernie Ibini? (scoring plenty of goals of late, playing well, worth a shot)

Oli - Hasn't been given a great hope & has gone quite in Switzerland - the goals have dried up - would be under pressure from someone like Troisi - Still seems to make the match day squads - Squadie at best
Wilko/Sainsbury - It will be one or the other IMO - If Sainsbury can get some games I'd pick him on age & potential
Rogic - Is no brainer with Ryan & Mile (should never have rejected us should have known better)
Ibini - Would be a real dark horse (excuse the pun) but would be a great super sub - can dribble at pace out of trouble which will be vital against the teams we playing. Don't think Ange loses anything by giving him ago.

Big Al

On the bright side they all look good in yellow. Except M Ryan who rocks the pink

true believer

Ibini - Would be a real dark horse (excuse the pun) but would be a great super sub - can dribble at pace out of trouble which will be vital against the teams we playing. Don't think Ange loses anything by giving him ago.

based on anges brief to do what you can in the world cup. but get ready for 2015 Asian championship.
Bernie really fits the bills.

Wombat

OI!!!!!! You want to take this outside at the next game!? ;)

ANYONE should be proud to be called Danish!

Haha
I used to play Football with a couple of Danes for Hornsby RSL.
Both very decent players.
I stopped talking to them after Kim Neilson disgraced your nation....LOl....only joking.

nebakke

Haha
I used to play Football with a couple of Danes for Hornsby RSL.
Both very decent players.
I stopped talking to them after Kim Neilson disgraced your nation....LOl....only joking.

I like to think most of us are alright ;-)
Funny how this language thing works... I had to go look up Kim Nielsen, because in Denmark he is referred to as Kim Milton...
And I thought he did alright... I mean, he's no Jarred Gillett, but still! ;-)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Aha so he was talking to me... No I live in the Netherlands. You should check it out on Wikipedia, or even better come over!
hahaa....I'm from Maastricht..(about 43 years ago that is)...MVV rule !

Reactions: PEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred