• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Corsair

Not long until the first AFC Cup game, no details from the club about any arrangements for away games yet....

Is anyone planning to go to any of the away games?

Corsair

righto, what the actual f**k Paramount !, our first AFC game is on the 20 th of September at 10pm BUT we aint on the tv list for games to be shown ...you now we won the f**king GF 6-1 right?...arseholes

View attachment 2863

"You will be able to watch all the matches from both teams live and free on 10 Play.

If you missed any of the action, then 10 Play will have the full match replays as well as highlights on demand."

turbo

Sydney FC are currently wrapping up an Australia Cup win against Western United. 10 minutes to go, 3-0.

I keep thinking it should have been us playing, not the Sky Blues.

Maybe it’s all part of a greater AFC Cup plan? Fresh legs for our mighty Mariners.
Dare say we would have got our match scheduled earlier in the week like the NPL sides did so that wouldn’t have been a major issue. Sydney have strengthened significantly since our game.

pjennings

What Ange did at the Roar was pretty remarkable not just for Brisbane but for the A-league.
I always thought that Arnold's transformation here was better. He took a team that was 8th ( after his 2010 World Cup duties) to top 2 for the next 3 years. Ange took a team from Frank Farina that was in the top 6 to narrowly avoiding the wooden spoon on the last day before his good run.

booney

Arnie rehabilitated his career after that disastrous Asian Cup of 2007 when he took over the Mariners.He had spent time working with Pim Verbeek for the Socceroos but his stint at the Mariners really launched his coaching career.

Almost at the same time Ange took over the Roar and moulded them into a mighty force-he was very smart in signing up Broich who was the linchpin of that team.Possibly Craig Foster's attack on his coaching of the young Socceroos gave him pause for thought and he rethought his whole approach.

The rivalry between the Roar and CCM made both coaches better at their jobs.I feel both men have been great for Australian football and the A-league( though Ange leaving the NT job after qualifying for the 2018 WC still puzzles me).

pjennings

Arnie rehabilitated his career after that disastrous Asian Cup of 2007 when he took over the Mariners.He had spent time working with Pim Verbeek for the Socceroos but his stint at the Mariners really launched his coaching career.

Almost at the same time Ange took over the Roar and moulded them into a mighty force-he was very smart in signing up Broich who was the linchpin of that team.Possibly Craig Foster's attack on his coaching of the young Socceroos gave him pause for thought and he rethought his whole approach.

The rivalry between the Roar and CCM made both coaches better at their jobs.I feel both men have been great for Australian football and the A-league( though Ange leaving the NT job after qualifying for the 2018 WC still puzzles me).
Ange left with plaudits but no wins in 2014. If he again had no wins with probably a worse squad in 2018 then his World Cup would have read 6 games 0 points. Ange left for Ange. His team believed in him but ultimately he didn't believe in them.

I think he is a great team coach in that he can bring in players that fit his mould. As a NT manager though he doesn't have that luxury - you can only deal with the players you have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred