• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Big Dog

I always thought that Arnold's transformation here was better. He took a team that was 8th ( after his 2010 World Cup duties) to top 2 for the next 3 years. Ange took a team from Frank Farina that was in the top 6 to narrowly avoiding the wooden spoon on the last day before his good run.

Not comparing the two but I have always been interested in coaches or players who impact the way other teams have to play. When Ange took over Brisbane teams rarely tried to build and play out from the back. I remember an post match interview early in his stint with Roar when the team conceded late against Melbourne Victory to lose a match. They turned a ball over trying to play out from the back. His response was praise for his team for trying to implement their style of play. He also brought in a fitness coach and during that time they were renowned for their fitness levels. As a result other teams began to play out from the back more and had to focus on fitness levels to be more competitive.

This is what caught my attention with what he did at the time. Barcelona playing possession, Klopp at Dortmund with the gen press, Ash Barty bringing back heavy spin into the women's tennis game, making others think differently about how they compete or nullify. I think its a great compliment for you as a player or coach.

Tevor

I've never been to Bali however very likely to go to our game. Where are people staying? Ubud seems to have a lot of accommodation options and not too far from the Stadium. As with others how do we get tickets to the game?

booney

Ange left with plaudits but no wins in 2014. If he again had no wins with probably a worse squad in 2018 then his World Cup would have read 6 games 0 points. Ange left for Ange. His team believed in him but ultimately he didn't believe in them.

I think he is a great team coach in that he can bring in players that fit his mould. As a NT manager though he doesn't have that luxury - you can only deal with the players you have.
Both coaches have done well .Ange better at coaching club teams where he has time to mould them to his ideas of attacking football.Arnie the better NT coach as he has learnt how to enthuse and utilise the strengths of players who are not playing in the top tiers ,hence he plays a counter attacking style mainly though the Socceroos can play possession football depending upon the opponent.

Wombat

I've never been to Bali however very likely to go to our game. Where are people staying? Ubud seems to have a lot of accommodation options and not too far from the Stadium. As with others how do we get tickets to the game?
Ubud is really nice and has a Blue Mountains feel to it. Some tourist things to do like the Big Swing and the Monkey Forest, The Waterfall and a lovely Temple. Denpasar (busy capital) and Sanur (laid back beach suburb with 5km beach promenade you can walk or hire a scooter or pushey) are not too far either.

Tevor

Ubud is really nice and has a Blue Mountains feel to it. Some tourist things to do like the Big Swing and the Monkey Forest, The Waterfall and a lovely Temple. Denpasar (busy capital) and Sanur (laid back beach suburb with 5km beach promenade you can walk or hire a scooter or pushey) are not too far either.
Thanks for the info, that’s the impression I got for Ubud. Was thinking it might be too quiet but then not looking for the Kuta experience either.

pjennings

Interim coach of Central Coast Mariners, Abbas Saad admitted that his team will have to show their best when they face Terengganu FC in the AFC Cup.

This is because the Turtles squad has yet to lose in 11 Malaysia League (M League) matches. In addition, this is also Terengganu's third appearance in the AFC Cup.

Thus, Abbas wants his men not only to be ready for tomorrow's match. In fact, he wants his players to be alert to the challenges thrown by the hosts.

"Yes, we have all the players (who are fit). Of course we have a complete squad. We are working hard as (captain) Danny (Vukovic) said. We can't wait, this is the first time we have played in the AFC Cup since 10 years ago.

"This is a big challenge, Terengganu is a good team. We have been working hard since last week for this match and we are looking forward to (the AFC Cup action tomorrow)," he said in today's pre-match press conference.

This is the Mariners' first appearance in the AFC Cup after previously making four appearances in the AFC Champions League (ACL).

Both teams will be looking for their first win in Group G at the Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Stadium tomorrow.

turbo

This is because the Turtles squad has yet to lose in 11 Malaysia League (M League) matches.
Going to be a big task with us yet to start our season and only 1 competitive game weeks ago. Im worried that a combination of fitness, upheaval and maybe hubris will result in a reality check but if it does hopefully we can reset afterwards.

Michael

Is it just me or do you get the sense that behind the scenes is a bit chaotic right now.
Staff have left. Comms are erratic at best.
Rough times for the club perhaps?
Tbf squad related comms have always been an issue.
I haven’t gotten that vibe personally, but I’m also just letting this whole new manager thing play out and not taking a whole lot of notice of other club matters.
Just excited to watch the boys in Asian comp again… and also to see how Abbas goes tomorrow night

Michael

You can see the full group of outfield players that went over in one photo posted just before, 17 of them. + 2 keepers. Squad of 19 travelled. Pretty standard stuff.
Keen to see how Torres goes, expecting a high quality player but probably short a gallop at the moment.

Doesn’t look like youth lads like Di Pizio, Kasa, Hammond or even Tappy travelled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred