• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

pjennings

I've been told the vibe is definitely all over the place for the players, feeling very much in limbo and uneasy
Quite understandable until a decision is made. You have to trust that they are professional enough to get on with the job at hand and not get caught up with the turmoil happening (easier said than done). It will be resolved one way or the other in a reasonably short time you would imagine.

Big Dog

I spoke with Tappy a week ago. Asked how he felt about the staffing changes. He was very positive. Said the culture was good and as long as they stayed focused and together things should go well.
I’d suggest I t’s not just the coaching changes that contribute to feeling in limbo and uneasy. There’s a host of new players and starting positions to be won. Lots of competition and uncertainty around that too.

Stuartmcateer

Quite understandable until a decision is made. You have to trust that they are professional enough to get on with the job at hand and not get caught up with the turmoil happening (easier said than done). It will be resolved one way or the other in a reasonably short time you would imagine.
The older players will be ok. They will have seen this before.

The younger players will need good leadership. This is where vuka, brick wall and storm can really make the difference.

Corsair

I reckon a point tonight is a decent result.

Away from home, unfavourable weather conditions, opponent is 21 games into the league plus cup games, coaching cloud over us.
I wonder what size crowds they get, the stadium looks enormous from the training photos. I think we've got the quality to do them, it just depends on how cohesive we are at this early stage. Great experience for a young squad either way.

Stuartmcateer

I wonder what size crowds they get, the stadium looks enormous from the training photos. I think we've got the quality to do them, it just depends on how cohesive we are at this early stage. Great experience for a young squad either way.
Wiki says stadium is 50k but top tier closed due to safety reasons so capacity is effectively 35k.

Average attendance seems to be 6-7k from what I can find.

Melange

In another group, Mohan Bagan defeated Odisha 4-0. Cumdog didn't start for Mohan, who also have Petratos and Hamill, and was subbed on.

Cy Goddard started for Odisha, who also have Roy Krishna on their books.

AuzDutchy

coaching & staffing changes aside, im more worried about playing a team 10+ games into their season when we're barely into our pre-season

match fitness, form & cohesion usually beat out raw talent

turbo

I reckon a point tonight is a decent result.

Away from home, unfavourable weather conditions, opponent is 21 games into the league plus cup games, coaching cloud over us.
This is likely to be our weakest point in the AFC cup. Away to potentially our strongest group opponent, not in season yet, interim coach. A point (and more importantly denying them 3 pts) would be a great result. Obviously we want the win but the deck is stacked against us right now. By our 3rd game we’ll be just in season and hopefully starting to gather some momentum.

Michael

I am quetly confident here - the league they are in is rubbish
Agree. The only possible downside for our boys is the possible difference in fitness levels.
On paper we are far superior in terms of quality per player.
They’re a mid table side in the Malaysian premier league ffs. We should win this. No excuses.

I don’t really buy into the manager business affecting the lads either. Everything I’ve heard is that the boys are happy working with Abbas and trust him in this period. Aside from the very new players, the boys know Abbas well and he knows them well.

VonBowellski

Can someone please admit that this has been an elaborate ruse where Monty still actually works for the club and has only taken promo photos with hibs to lull the opposition in to a false sense of security before he magically shows up at the AFC first game where we completely dominate every team we go up against.

Corsair

So what does this actually mean for travelling fans? Nothing? No discounts or upgrades or any sort of preferential treatment. I guess maybe the team got cheaper tickets and that's about it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred