• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Corsair

Yeah Makati is ok as it is an older area and well established for hotels and eating places.
BGC is a new area and is more trendy and close to South Super Highway.
You are correct Laguna is not established as a tourist destination.
You seem to know it well, do you live over there or been a few times?

Neilmcloudy

I paid $1500 with Qantas from Syd. My mate is with Cebu air (or something like that) and paid $1100. I went Qantas because the return flight leaves at 7pm instead of 11.45pm and I needed to be back early that day.
Have flown Cebu to Manila, seats are hard, it wasn't a comfy trip for a fairly long trip. Dont think I would fly with them again.

promdi442

You seem to know it well, do you live over there or been a few times?
I have lived and coached in the Philippines. I now live on the Central Coast but am in touch with people within the PFF, the manila media and the football scene in Cebu on a regular basis.
I was talking to the coach/asst manager of Stallions Laguna today. I asked him if he would be able to answer any questions our travelling supporters may have that will help them have a pleasant stay watching the Mariners play in Laguna.
He is ok with that and will answer to the best of his ability anything you may want to know.
He was surprised when I mentioned that some were looking to stay in Makati. He suggested that Alabang would be a better alternative for accommodation as it is south of the airport and about half way between the airport and Laguna Stadium. The Crimson Hotel in Alabang is used by visiting female international teams when playing in Laguna due to its ease of access to and from the Stadium.
I have stayed in Alabang during medical missions in which I am involved. The hotels are good and the traffic to and from the airport is much better than the traffic congestion in and around Makati and it surrounds

promdi442

Have flown Cebu to Manila, seats are hard, it wasn't a comfy trip for a fairly long trip. Dont think I would fly with them again.
I assume you are referring to Cebu Pacific. I flew once with them but my preference is Philippine Airlines (PAL) especially as I usually transit through Manila and go to Cebu.
Going to Manila to watch the Mariners I would fly PAL if you are not hamstrung by the time schedule of a mid morning return to Sydney.

Neilmcloudy

I assume you are referring to Cebu Pacific. I flew once with them but my preference is Philippine Airlines (PAL) especially as I usually transit through Manila and go to Cebu.
Going to Manila to watch the Mariners I would fly PAL if you are not hamstrung by the time schedule of a mid morning return to Sydney.
Thank you, yes correct name is Cebu pacific.

Corsair

I have lived and coached in the Philippines. I now live on the Central Coast but am in touch with people within the PFF, the manila media and the football scene in Cebu on a regular basis.
I was talking to the coach/asst manager of Stallions Laguna today. I asked him if he would be able to answer any questions our travelling supporters may have that will help them have a pleasant stay watching the Mariners play in Laguna.
He is ok with that and will answer to the best of his ability anything you may want to know.
He was surprised when I mentioned that some were looking to stay in Makati. He suggested that Alabang would be a better alternative for accommodation as it is south of the airport and about half way between the airport and Laguna Stadium. The Crimson Hotel in Alabang is used by visiting female international teams when playing in Laguna due to its ease of access to and from the Stadium.
I have stayed in Alabang during medical missions in which I am involved. The hotels are good and the traffic to and from the airport is much better than the traffic congestion in and around Makati and it surrounds
Thanks for the info. Staying 2 nights and didn't want to change hotels. My mate wanted to be near the action. That Crimson Hotel is significantly cheaper but does look a bit away from the centre.

Could you ask him if he knows when the tickets will go on sale and if CCM will get an allocation?

Does he think the game will sell out?

promdi442

Thanks for the info. Staying 2 nights and didn't want to change hotels. My mate wanted to be near the action. That Crimson Hotel is significantly cheaper but does look a bit away from the centre.

Could you ask him if he knows when the tickets will go on sale and if CCM will get an allocation?

Does he think the game will sell out?
he mentioned yesterday that if we can give the numbers of travelling support he will ensure that there is an area blocked off for all the travel group to be together.
Given that The Philippines is such a basketball country I would doubt that it would be sold out.
I have his assurance regarding a block allocation of tickets so there will be no problems regarding that matter providing we give him an indication of numbers.
I will continue to communicate with him. I will be meeting up with him when he is here with the team in October.
Hope that helps.

scoober

he mentioned yesterday that if we can give the numbers of travelling support he will ensure that there is an area blocked off for all the travel group to be together.
Given that The Philippines is such a basketball country I would doubt that it would be sold out.
I have his assurance regarding a block allocation of tickets so there will be no problems regarding that matter providing we give him an indication of numbers.
I will continue to communicate with him. I will be meeting up with him when he is here with the team in October.
Hope that helps.
It would be worthwhile talking to the Mariners too as in golden times past I went to numerous Champions League games in Japan and the Club always provided us with tickets, never paid for tickets on any travels.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
righto, what the actual f**k Paramount !, our first AFC game is on the 20 th of September at 10pm BUT we aint on the tv list for games to be shown ...you now we won the f**king GF 6-1 right?...arseholes

afclist.jpg

Big Al

Are we going to have game threads for these games or just do in here?

Only a few sleeps to go after the weekend.

No official coach

Alou probably not back from Olyroos

Farrell still injured?

Interesting times

Tevor

Yeah it’s hard to get excited about it which is disappointing because we should be.

Will be a clear indicator how much impact the change has had on the team. I’d be surprised if it isn’t significant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred