• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

FFC Mariner

LOL @ the Baird love in.

This is a guy who gets made to look ordinary in NYL games and has a worse scoring record than DMac.

Panic buy (all squads have them) and wont get a sniff of 1st team behind Matty, Bernie, McBreen

Atomic

LOL @ the Baird love in.

This is a guy who gets made to look ordinary in NYL games and has a worse scoring record than DMac.

Panic buy (all squads have them) and wont get a sniff of 1st team behind Matty, Bernie, McBreen

No so much a "love in" as you put, I just want to see the guy given a fair go - it's the Aussie way.

You're probably right in what you say, but I have my fingers crossed that a bit of Arnie* magic can bring something special out in him.

*Arnie is short for Graham Arnold, another pariah that was given a fair go and forced to prove his worth with stunning results

style_cafe

LOL @ the Baird love in.

During their senior careers to date (Wiki):-
Baird scores at a rate of 1 goal every 4.06 matches
D.McCallister scores at a rate of 1 goal every 5.03 matches
D.McBreen scores at a rate of 1 goal every 4.69 matches

Is there another Dmac you`re referring to?

gull

No so much a "love in" as you put, I just want to see the guy given a fair go - it's the Aussie way.

You're probably right in what you say, but I have my fingers crossed that a bit of Arnie* magic can bring something special out in him.

*Arnie is short for Graham Arnold, another pariah that was given a fair go and forced to prove his worth with stunning results

Beautifully put.

FFC Mariner

Is there another Dmac you`re referring to?

No, I was wrong but just think. I gave you a chance to feel all important

overhead.gif

midfielder

Maybe we could put Baird in the youth team ... unless they have reached their cap as well... not sure of the youth cap ... seem to remember 250 K or 450 K as the figures... but it was a long time ago I read the figure ... I think it was 250 K, plus a youth Marquee with the total being no more than 450 K ... but again its a long time ago I read this and I may be wrong ... so anyone got the actual numbers ...

Atomic

No, I was wrong but just think. I gave you a chance to feel all important

overhead.gif

I'm not saying your wrong man, in fact, I tend to bow to your greater knowledge of the Youth league. All I'm sayiog is that Baird should be given more of a chance than he's been given to date. Are you sure you want to throw him out with the bathwater so early in the season?

It didn't seem that long ago that we were not using all our cap because of our financial problems.

Were we using all our cap last season? I was under the impression we weren't, with all the youth players we had in our senior squad ie. Ryan, Warren, Sainsbury, Amini, Gallager & Lewis.

And surely the guys we've shipped off for this season were amongst the higher earners ie. Doig, Vanstratten, Mrdja, and Perez. And surely the guys that came in are on less ie. Pasfield, McDonald, Baird, Musalik, & Bernie... but it seems the cap is full.

Am I missing something???

Deej

Dutchy and Wilko both signed much improved contracts as they were out of contract at the end of last year, Ryan surely would have been given a rise after a wonderful season too! Kwas also re-signed, he had probably his best year for us so perhaps there was an increase too? Pedj signed a 1 year extension, this could have been improved terms? McGlinchey is another 1 to add to that list, when he signed for us he wasn't doing much, now he's playing at international level and had a good season, surely an increase there.

We had a number of players off contract last season who after a good years football probably negotiated their contracts well

bikinigirl

Dutchy and Wilko both signed much improved contracts as they were out of contract at the end of last year, Ryan surely would have been given a rise after a wonderful season too! Kwas also re-signed, he had probably his best year for us so perhaps there was an increase too? Pedj signed a 1 year extension, this could have been improved terms? McGlinchey is another 1 to add to that list, when he signed for us he wasn't doing much, now he's playing at international level and had a good season, surely an increase there.

We had a number of players off contract last season who after a good years football probably negotiated their contracts well

. i am glad arnie was able to keep that core together by spending the money

kevrenor

In today from the club:

Central Coast Mariners 2011/12 Hyundai A-League Squad (23)

1. Mathew Ryan (gk), 2. Daniel McBreen, 3. Joshua Rose, 4. Pedj Bojic, 5. Brad Porter, 6. Patrick Zwaanswijk, 7. John Hutchinson, 8. Rostyn Griffiths, 9. Bernie Ibini-Isei, 10. Adriano Pellegrino, 11. Oliver Bozanic, 12. Troy Hearfield, 13. Stuart Musialik, 14. Michael McGlinchey, 15. Brad McDonald, 16. Trent Sainsbury, 17. Michael Baird, 18. Alex Wilkinson, 19. Matt Simon, 20. Justin Pasfield (gk), 21. Sam Gallagher, 22. Mustafa Amini, 23. Adam Kwasnik

Central Coast Mariners 2011/12 Hyundai A-League Squad - Additions

Adriano Pellegrino (last club: Perth Glory)
Troy Hearfield (last club: Pelita Jaya (Indonesia))
Stuart Musialik (last club: Sydney FC)
Brad McDonald (last club: North Queensland Fury)
Justin Pasfield (last club: North Queensland Fury)
Bernie Ibini-Isei (promoted from Youth Team)

Atomic

Some real head scratches when it comes to selecting a side. I had a stab at it and I realised I've left out the likes of Kwas, Musailik and Hearfield.

Ryan
Bojic - Wilko - Dutchy - Rose
Griffiths
WeeMac - Ollie
Pelle
Simon - McBreen

McDonald - Hutcho - Musti - Bernie - Pasfield (gk)

BTW, I'm not a fan of McBreen, I just think he'll get first bight of the cherry.

midfielder

My reading of the squad...

Keepers … Mathew Ryan sub Justin Pasfield

Backs Left … Joshua Rose sub Sam Gallagher

Centre backs …. Patrick Zwaanswijk, Alex Wilkinson subs Trent Sainsbury, Stuart Musialik [also defensive mid]

Right Back … Pedj Bojic sub Troy Hearfield,

Mid Left … Oliver Bozanic sub Brad Porter

Mid Defensive … Rostyn Griffiths sub John Hutchinson

Attacking …. Mustafa Amini sub Adriano Pellegrino

Right … Michael McGlinchey sub Brad McDonald

Strikers … Matt Simon, Bernie Ibini-Isei subs Adam Kwasnik, Michael Baird, Daniel McBreen

Plus a number of players can play in a variety of positions… Stuart Musialik can play mid or back, the same for Brad McDonald & Troy Hearfield, Trent Sainsbury can play right back as well …

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred