• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

pjennings

I'd put it like this - using last years formation

---------------------------------Ryan/Pasfield---------------------------------
Bojic/Hearfield---Wilkinson/Sainsbury----Zwaanswijk/Gallagher------Rose/McDonald

---------------------------Griffiths/Hutchinson/Musialik ---------------------------
McGlinchey/Porter----------------Amini/Pellegrino----------------Bozanic/Kwasnik

------------------Simon/Ibini-Isei----------------McBreen/Baird----------------

Rose and McDonald can both play LM, Rose can play striker, McDonald can play CB, Sainsbury can play RB, Bojic can play DM and RM, Griffiths and Musialik can play CB, Hutch can play LM and striker, Porter can play RB, Olly can play DM, Kwas can play striker.

Maybe no Kewell or Emmo but all in all a very solid and flexible squad - with people to challenge in every position. This is a situation we have never had before.

Roy Law

Kwas is a striker; I seriously doubt Musialik can play CB... but Pellegrino can play every one of the 4 positions in the diamond.It is indeed the best squad the Mariners have had for what promises to be the best ever A League season.

kevrenor

Discussing the league's squads with a SFC supporter and some neutrals on the weekend, my candid comment about us was " what we lack in top quality we make up for in consistent depth and cover".

Atomic

C'mon guys... put your money where your mouths are ;) Name a starting 11 + bench*.

*Are we having a 4 or 5 man bench this season?

Atomic

Whatever you want to do... You can have any formation you want so long as there are 11 players on the field at any one time.

pjennings

First game

-------------Ryan (If fit)

Pedj----Wilko-------Patrick-----Josh

------------Griffiths

-----Wee-Mac------------Olly

--------------Amini

-------Simon---------Kwas

Reserves - Pasfield, Hutch, Bernie, Pellegrino

I would like to see a 3-5-2 for some games like

----------------Ryan (If fit)

---Wilko------Patrick-------Josh----

-----Griffiths-----------Pelligrino--

Wee-Mac---------------------------Olly

-----------------Amini----------------

-----------Simon---------Kwas---------

Reserves - Pasfield, Hutch, Bernie, Hearfield

Marquee

--------------Ryan
Pedj - Wilko - Swan District - Rose
-------------Griffiths
-------Weemac - Amini
Pelle------------------------Olly
--------------Simon

or

--------------Ryan
Pedj - Wilko - Swan District - Rose
-------------Griffiths
Weemac ----------------------Olly
-------------Amini
-------Simon -------Bernie

Good battles to watch in pre-season:

- Griff vs Hutch vs Musialik
- Amini vs Pelle
- Simon vs Mcbreen vs Bernie vs Kwas
- Weemac vs Pelle (RW or CM spots)
- Ryan vs Pasfield (Pasfield will give a fight to prevent Ryan walking back into the squad after injury)

style_cafe

I`m reluctant to give predictions, as I haven`t seen them play since the Celtic Game,but I love a challenge (thanks Atomic).
I`ve also included reasons for reserves..

-- --------Ryan---------

Pedj---Wilko---Dutchy---Rose

---------Griffith-------

Wee Mac--------------Olly

-----------Pelle---------

-------Simon----Baird

Res. Passfield(GK), Hearfield, Kwas, Bernie, Porter.

A few surprises:-

Ryan /Passfield..Ryan had a stella season,missed the WC due to injury & needs a confidence booster by showing faith in him.

Pelle/Amini ..as tough as it sounds Amini was crap in the game I saw against Yemen,he`s had a niggling injury & has been signed by Dortmund.
Not being named in the starting squad will keep his feet on the ground & he will knuckle down early & give his all as the season goes along.

Hearfield is an experienced player.Putting him on the bench first up will give the back 4 a show of faith in what they did last year but will keep them on their toes.

Kwas has played a lot of football over the last 18 months.His impact play will benefit us greatly,but I think he will need a rest at some time so ease him back in gently.

Bernie..recently promoted to the top squad he`ll need time to adjust.A busy schedule after last season he needs some time to adjust,but will be so hungry when he comes on.

Porter...after missing so much of last year with his injury, Porter needs to show he`s not there just to "carry the baggage".Give him a run & show some faith.It will do his confidence the world of good just to be named in the squad.

Baird..I like what I`ve seen so far but I`d put the pressure on him from the start & see what he can do.With Kwas & Bernie on the bench he can always be subbed.

Wombat

--------Ryan or Pasfield---------(no preference yet)

---------Griffith-------

-------Simon----Bernie

Res. Passfield(GK) or Ryan , Hearfield,Musilik,Ronald McDonald, Baird, .

scottmac

Suspended
Ryan has to get the nod over pasfield first up. He has already spent 12 months playing with these guys and his distribution from the very back last year started alot of our raids up field. I'd even go as far as saying that he was close to the best passer of the ball of any of the keepers last year. He seems to have a great eye for the pass and rarely just punts it long in hope.

The only real position that sticks out as contentious is the forwards. 4 to 5 forwards and none of them yards ahead of the other. Simon is the only dead cert due to the passing game he developed last year and his tenacity. We all know this is our weak spot. This year we could have great competition and someone might take the role for themselves alongside Simon. OTOH we may be treated with 3 players constantly serving up tripe heaping pressure on Simon. For mine, Bernie's got the #9 and offers pace and a powerful shot. He should get first dig.

Its going to be a real fight for bench spots this year.

Wonder if we will get another body for the ACL? Do the FFA still allow an expanded squad for the ACL?

midfielder

---------Griffith-------

-------Simon----Bernie

Would start with Musty and Ryan would be my first choice ...

Muppet

---------Griffith-------

-------Simon----Bernie

What. No Kwas? I would have him on the bench that Baird. I must say that it is an nice situation to have at the moment with lots of options across the park.

pjennings

Had to change my mind

-----------------Ryan-----------------------

Pedj----Wilko-----------Patrick---------Josh

--Pellegrino------Griffiths--------Bozanic--

---------Wee-Mac----------Amini-------------

-------------------Simon---------------------

Bench: Pasfield, Hutch, Kwas, Bernie

Second XI using the same formation also looks ok

-----------------Pasfield-------------------

Porter----Sainsbury------Gallagher------McDonald

--Hearfield------Musialik--------Hutch--

----------Bernie------------Kwas-------------

-----------------McBreen---------------------

Wombat

What. No Kwas? I would have him on the bench that Baird. I must say that it is an nice situation to have at the moment with lots of options across the park.

Actually I probably start kwas on the bench instead of Baird. I want to have a good look at baird in the trail games before I make my mind up about him. It will also be interesting to see him mcbreen can force his way back into the reckoning.

Wombat

Had to change my mind

-----------------Ryan-----------------------

Pedj----Wilko-----------Patrick---------Josh

--Pellegrino------Griffiths--------Bozanic--

---------Wee-Mac----------Amini-------------

-------------------Simon---------------------

Bench: Pasfield, Hutch, Kwas, Bernie

Pretty good formation but I'd probably swap wee Mac and pelle around

pjennings

From the little I saw of Pellegrino in the Celtic match he seemed very eager to run - with the lack of hair he reminded me of Gumps.

I put him and Olly on the flanks to track back and also run down the flanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred