• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

midfielder

Musty & Berine or Pele & Kwassie / MB.... who to start in the opening line up..

For me Musty & Bernie are in my starting 11 .... but from the pre season matches it looks like Pele will be the starting mid with Kwassie or MB as the other striker along with Matty .... assumes a 4 4 2 ...

Marquee

This is how I think Arnie will have us lining up in Round 1. I'm not so sure of Baird, but it seems Arnie is. Also Pasfield is chosen as Ryan isn't expected to be fully fit by then, apparently.

abBf9Sjaba.jpg

Forum Phoenix

Yeah that's how I see it Marquee.
Once Musti reagins form... perhaps a 433 pending Bairds form.
But really what I'm excited about is that our players understand our system very well and this combined with having the best depth I have ever seen for a CCM squad, all bodes very well for us.

Really love to see us hitting this season right where we left off, playing CONFIDENT ATTACKING FOOTBALL.

Marquee

Good point, now you mention it he will miss the first match. He was given a 2 match ban by the Match Review Panel in round 26. Round 27 took one game away but he still has one match remaining.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2011/02/09/qld-fury-keeper-suspended-for-two-weeks/

Wombat

This is how I think Arnie will have us lining up in Round 1. I'm not so sure of Baird, but it seems Arnie is. Also Pasfield is chosen as Ryan isn't expected to be fully fit by then, apparently.

abBf9Sjaba.jpg

That's a good set up. Probably start bernie instead of Baird...but apart from that I,d say that's our best 11.

midfielder

Why is Musty not in the starting line up... if he is as good as we all think he is ... and he has any chance of getting any game time in Germany he should be good enough to be in our starting team...

Wombat

Why start him. He has no future at the club so he shouldn't start. He is a great little player and will no doubt be very useful coming off the bench. The only negative think is that he isn't at 90 min player at this stage of his career.
Pelle should get the opportunity to cement the starting am birth and become a dominant player for CCM.
I'm think that if Amini was staying GA would probably look at starting him and slowly nuture him into 90 min player.

dibo

Wombat - I see where you're coming from, but that would essentially guarantee we'd never again have a young, talented player loaned to us again. Pragmatism *and* a desire to put out the strongest possible team would have me playing Musti wherever appropriate. If Pelle is smashing him in training performances and doing well in the first 11 then Musti has to blast him out, but the reverse is true too.

promdi442

both will have their chances. And as the same as last year having a fresh Musti running at tired players will pay dividends.
Musti is not doing too much practice at the moment due to his injury so doubt that he would be match fit enough to start in our opening match v Roar. Maybe not even on the bench.

bjw

bjw
am i missing something?
why is ryan not in the proposed starting lineup? did he not make his comeback yesterday against wellington?

Marquee

Based on info from a few months ago it was thought that Ryan wouldn't make the start of the season but now it's obvious he is making good progress. He will be in the starting lineup.

bjw

bjw
I read in the local paper today that Amini will be out (groin injury) for an extended period of time.

marinersman

Does anyone know the extent of Wilko's injury and how serious it is?

Mick, I've tried to PM you about this but it says you cannot receive any further messages. What's up with that? You might already have heard by now, but if not, PM me and we'll see if I can reply.

Marquee

The fact that you can't directly reply makes me fear for the worst. Hope he is ok, essential player for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred