• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

pjennings

This is what I would like to see Griffiths to replace Wilko. Bozanic to move to DM as captain and Hearfeild to start on the left swapping with weemac during the game. Sub Hearfield for Porter late in the game also.

I would move Griffiths back. The problem then comes with who to replace him with. The obvious solution is Hutch but he is in China. As you said you could move Olly back there. However, the only trial match i have seen was against Perth where we played with Weemac in front of Rose and Hearfield in from of Pedj. These combinations simply didn't work. Musialik is another option has he played at all. At the end of the day I'd be happier to leave Olly and Weemac where they are and use Pellegrino at the base with Matty at '10' and Kwas and Bernie up front.

cbowden9000

Griffiths to CB is the safest option. Played there against Celtic and did very well. We then have a few options:

1) Musialik slots straight into CDM - Lack of playing time pre-season is a concern though

2) Ollie to CDM, McGlinchey to LM and Hearfield to come into RM

3) Pedj to CDM and Hearfield to come into RB

promdi442

Griffiths to CB is the safest option. Played there against Celtic and did very well. We then have a few options:

1) Musialik slots straight into CDM - Lack of playing time pre-season is a concern though

2) Ollie to CDM, McGlinchey to LM and Hearfield to come into RM

3) Pedj to CDM and Hearfield to come into RB

Is Musialik fit enough to take his place in the team? NO Way! Musti is in better physical shape than Musialik and we all know where Musti will be this weekend.

Option 1 is not an option.

More chance with options 2 & 3.

Ancient Mariner

Was hoping for a little more than the obvious, thanks anyway.

We are making progress. We now know he is injured and will be out for the first 4-5 games.

We still do not know what the injury is, will it stop him training, how fit will he be when he returns etc.

Maybe it is none of our business and we should not worry. However we are fans and if we did not worry nor care we would probably not care about joining the Club or attending games.

:rolleyes:

kevrenor

Might not be by Saturday which will probably mean Griffith staying at CDM, I understand Porter has been playing CB for some of the trial games?

Er ... not the ones I've seen.

I know he's grown a bit, but ...

Marquee

Might not be by Saturday which will probably mean Griffith staying at CDM, I understand Porter has been playing CB for some of the trial games?

I think in the Auckland City game we had Pedj at CB and Porter at RB. Lost 3-1 though so maybe not the best pairing.

Deej

I think in the Auckland City game we had Pedj at CB and Porter at RB. Lost 3-1 though so maybe not the best pairing.

I thought Porter was CB in that game......my mistake, perhaps we'd look at Porter in the middle and Griffiths CB? He's played there many times and is fit

Marquee

He could have been at CB, not 100%. Definitely a possibility in midfield, I remember Arnie saying this time last year before Porter got injured that he wanted to use him as a DM.

marinermick

We are making progress. We now know he is injured and will be out for the first 4-5 games.

We still do not know what the injury is, will it stop him training, how fit will he be when he returns etc.

Maybe it is none of our business and we should not worry. However we are fans and if we did not worry nor care we would probably not care about joining the Club or attending games.

:rolleyes:

broken arm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred