• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Forum Phoenix

Broken arm., ok Thx Mick.

So what 6-10 weeks pending on the seriousness of the break.

Of course they'll be hoping for six. But you'd think 8 at least for safety.
No point rushing him back and re injuring him.

As to cover. If we play Sainsbury I'll trust GA. But he looked young and raw last year.
However players improve. Especially young raw ones ;)

Re other selections - personally I really like McDonald.
Good on the ball and solid defensively, just not sure of his passing range or temperament, so not sure he could be DM.
Could play wide left in front of Rose.

But with all our striking options, We could always try Matty, Baird or Bernie wide right and have weemac wide left.

There's the Hearfield DM option mentioned several times. How is Musialik going anyone?

Porter could play RB, with Pedj as CB, I think he'd handle it, though I like him just where he is.

We are a strong squad with plenty of options you'd have to say all in all.

Be interesting to see what GA does.

Tough first game.

With Hutch absent, Definitely Dutchy as captain for me.

kevrenor

Daily Telegraph today (5/10/2011)

"CENTRAL Coast Mariners skipper Alex Wilkinson has fractured his arm in a huge blow on the eve of the new A-League season. Already forced to relive the horror trip to the ground where they lost last year's decider, the Mariners will do it even tougher now against the Roar in Brisbane without their inspirational leader.

Mariners coach Graham Arnold revealed at yesterday's A-League launch that Wilkinson suffered the injury in the club's final pre-season hitout in Auckland.

Arnie expected Wilkinson to be sidelined for up to a fortnight, but he remains hopeful of a round-two return against the Gold Coast.

"It was a freak accident," Arnie said. "It's a small fracture. That's the way it is."

Patrick Zwaanswijk will wear the captain's armband in Wilkinson's absence, while Arnold told us Trent Sainsbury, Sammy Gallagher and Brad Porter are his defensive options."

TheDrownedGod

Hi! This is my first post. I think Sainsbury will cover Wilko but it is a big loss! I have 2 questions though. I can't find any information but is Ryan injured or will he start? Also is there a topic for the upcoming games? I'm not very good navigating forums yet, bit new for this old timer!

Marquee

Welcome!

Ryan is back and will start against Brisbane as Pasfield is suspended for the first game. Usually there is a match thread for the next game but there isn't one yet for the Brisbane game. Might go create it now. :innocent:

Matt--Simon

Wilko has a plaster on from wrist to shoulder. Didnt train today with the team but was at training.
Musti looks like his recovering well trained with the rest of the team and looked good.

marinermick

Welcome!

Ryan is back and will start against Brisbane as Pasfield is suspended for the first game. Usually there is a match thread for the next game but there isn't one yet for the Brisbane game. Might go create it now. :innocent:

Pasfield served his suspension preseason v Wellington

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Personally I'm rather interested to see how we go without Wilko in the backs. It's a particularly risky position to try out new guys, and if we're going to be forced into doing that then I'd rather see it happen this early in the season. Big match though.

midfielder

442 article on Bernie http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/220017,bernie-ibin-iseis-burning-desire-to-be-best.aspx

Jocwa08

todays advocate says jordan farina son of frank farina has been training with us
does anyone know anymore on this, is he injury cover, youth team, or training for the hell of it?

Marquee

The squad is more to have a look at fringe Socceroo and Olyroo players. Olly is a shoe in for the actual squad.

Marquee

Anyone know what's happening with Baird? Rumours circulating that he is moving on. I've heard Indonesia and also heard that it's somewhere else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred