• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Wombat

I suspect Crawley is still there. Also, what about Brownie? He was a foundation player wasn't he? Is he still with CCM and does he fit the necessary criteria to be spoken of in the same breath as Clarkie?

Browney is player for The Entrance 0ver 35A. Kariong lost two good players because they wanted to play in the same side as him.
Not sure if he is still involved in CCM Yoof set up?

offtheball

Damien Brown is a development officer for the Mariners, has been visiting schools throughout the season.

I thought he was playing in Newcastle in the same team as Gumps and O'Sullivan. He played premier league last season for The Entrance

Marquee

I think we may have a squad problem. Now that Lawrie has stepped down from Chengdu, will Hutch want to stay there? We signed Musialik and are supposedly at cap. Lawrie says on Twitter that Hutch is due back at the end of October.

shipwreck

I think we may have a squad problem. Now that Lawrie has stepped down from Chengdu, will Hutch want to stay there? We signed Musialik and are supposedly at cap. Lawrie says on Twitter that Hutch is due back at the end of October.

Oh snap....

midfielder

If this is the case we need to sell a player... say we had to choose who to sell...

Tho's .... Hutch, Porter & McBreen..... would be offered with someone hopefully picking up one... maybe ring Fergie at PG and say this McBreen fellow is quite good

dibo

Why would you get rid of Hutch or Porter?

McBreen on the other hand...

But Fergie will be quite familiar with McBreen, given he brought him back to Oz for Fury's first season, before they fell out and McBreen went to Perth, only for Fergie to go there too.

midfielder

Why would you get rid of Hutch or Porter?

McBreen on the other hand...

But Fergie will be quite familiar with McBreen, given he brought him back to Oz for Fury's first season, before they fell out and McBreen went to Perth, only for Fergie to go there too.

Would not be happy to loose either Hutch or Porter but when i look at the squad ... its hard to pick who to sell ... as for Elephant Touch maybe the Nix would be interested after all they have taken some of our errr cough cough better players over the years...

bjw

bjw
get rid of mcbreen asap. need to keep hutchinson; he always lifts and in turn lifts the team each and every derby.

dibo

What if we put Baird on eBay?
Have to be careful how you badge him. Marking him as a 'goalscorer' might get you into bother, 'attacker' or even 'footballer' are even probably a stretch.

But seriously, he hasn't shown enough with us yet. He had an OK night in the Celtic game but I don't think he's scaring anyone. At least with Simon, opponents know they're going to have a shot of a night whether he scores or not.

dibo

What if we put Baird on eBay?
Have to be careful how you badge him. Marking him as a 'goalscorer' might get you into bother, 'attacker' or even 'footballer' are even probably a stretch.

But seriously, he hasn't shown enough with us yet. He had an OK night in the Celtic game but I don't think he's scaring anyone. At least with Simon, opponents know they're going to have a shit of a night whether he scores or not.

style_cafe

I`d like to see a bit more of Baird before I make a decision on him.
I thought his speed in the Celtic game gave us something else up front.

As for McBreen,I think his use by date has expired. :headbutt:

Atomic

I`d like to see a bit more of Baird before I make a decision on him.
I thought his speed in the Celtic game gave us something else up front.

As for McBreen,I think his use by date has expired. :headbutt:

Yep, agree with both points. Well said.

cbowden9000

I can see this being McBreen's last year as a professional footballer. Once his contract expires I doubt he'll be able to get another A-League contract and will either retire or fall into State League obscurity.

some guy

this is a storm in a teacup- the limit for squad numbers is 23 not 22. no problem.

as for baird, im tipping him for a good season. we'll see.

Marquee

The squad numbers is not the problem, Hutch would make 23 as you say. The problem is that good sources say we have reached the salary cap limit for the first time ever, even before Musialik was signed. We were counting on Hutch staying in China (as far as we can gather) but now Hutch's future is in question. It would seem that a 23rd player's wages would not fit inside the salary cap.

Forum Phoenix

Baird has had sweet f**k all game time with us.
You guys may well be right, but it's just absurd to write him off already.
That PG squad was atrocious and the guy was unfit and looked like he'd forgotten how to play football by the time he got to us. After a solid pre season under and several games under his belt in the HAL, "THEN" I'll judge him.

Bit more perspective;

McBreen annoyed the crap out of me last year. But Arnie loved his work rate.
So while I'm far from over the moon about him, we finished second and got to Asia and Mc Breen definitely helped us do that.

Personally I want to see Bernie starting alongside Matty - and I don't see Mc Breen as being Matty's strike partner. Never did.
I'd prefer Bernie, Kwaz or perhaps Baird - actually i'd even take Rose up there if McDonald continues to show enough quality.
But he is capable of doing a job and is a decent backup to lead the line if Matty's injured.

So i'll just trust to GA.

(Ebay gags were funny though :piralaugh: )

cbowden9000

The squad numbers is not the problem, Hutch would make 23 as you say. The problem is that good sources say we have reached the salary cap limit for the first time ever, even before Musialik was signed. We were counting on Hutch staying in China (as far as we can gather) but now Hutch's future is in question. It would seem that a 23rd player's wages would not fit inside the salary cap.

Maybe we can move someone's wage to marquee status. I know that's not technically what it's for but other clubs have done it.

adz

Staff member
I don't know what the salary cap rules are in great detail, only that there is a cap that you can't go over, and would assume you can't go over *any* time... do the players salaries that we have out on loan count towards that cap? If they are still under contract with us I would have thought they still counted, so we would not have been able to bring in any new players and go over the cap, looking at laying off one or two to bring it back under later....??

Lots of assumptions and guessing going on here. Would be nice to see what the rules are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred